SCAM EBAY BUYER??? "trainbay"

simon b

Hermes left a package on top of the wrong letterbox, right on the side of the road. The photo shewed where the package was...but it wasn’t there when I went to get it.

Luckily, as the people at the wrong house were out, someone working on the property had taken it in...so I did get the package That time!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

They don't always take a photo. It doesn't matter if some smackhead nicks the parcel five minutes after the courier has dumped the parcel on your doorstep whether or not a photo is taken. 

The fact that Hermes in particular don't give a toss and are pretty much uncontactable, makes most people write off their losses. 

What kind of company doesn't have an email address or a customer service department? 

Hermes - socialmediasupport@hermes-europe.co.uk

The effectiveness on any response however...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

They don't always take a photo. It doesn't matter if some smackhead nicks the parcel five minutes after the courier has dumped the parcel on your doorstep whether or not a photo is taken. 

The fact that Hermes in particular don't give a toss and are pretty much uncontactable, makes most people write off their losses. 

What kind of company doesn't have an email address or a customer service department? 

I am certain under some form of customer protection regulations the buyer is protected, even if you have to go through to the small claims court

If you are buying from a business you have distance selling rules, if from the public via eBay or pay using PayPal using the goods system rather than family

I think claiming from the carrier is only for the sender, not recipient.  

If buying from either a business or person unknown to you, its buyer beware. Protect yourself. What ever people say about eBay and PayPal they are very good in these cases, providing you follow their advice and rules

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Hermes - socialmediasupport@hermes-europe.co.uk

The effectiveness on any response however...

Waste of time contacting Hermes, they should be investigated by either the regulator (if there is one) or Trading Standards. I am happy to discuss their short comings, but they now have no telephone number or email address disaffected customers can contact.

I contacted them  nearly a week ago about a packet delivered to the wrong property, not one reply. This Holly app was useless at the start refused to accept it was the wrong house, how it knows it was my house I have no idea as if Holly looked at the telemetry of its van and hand set both would confirm they never went near either my road or home.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, hayfield said:

Waste of time contacting Hermes, they should be investigated by either the regulator (if there is one) or Trading Standards. I am happy to discuss their short comings, but they now have no telephone number or email address disaffected customers can contact.

I contacted them  nearly a week ago about a packet delivered to the wrong property, not one reply. This Holly app was useless at the start refused to accept it was the wrong house, how it knows it was my house I have no idea as if Holly looked at the telemetry of its van and hand set both would confirm they never went near either my road or home.

That's assuming the regulator or Trading Standards can contact them!

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, simon b said:

Just a quick update, he has now changed his user ID to: total_trains

I presume this is due to the amount of people blocking him, but dont forget to update your block list!

Thanks for the heads-up;  I went to add this to my list and discovered that his original ID has disappeared and total_trains is already there.  So it seems that ebay blocked buyers lists auto-update whenever a scrote sorry, seller changes their ID.  Smart.

edit:  It may be worth updating your original post with the new ID too?

HTH

Brian

(One of these days he'll con the wrong person and get a visit from someone clutching a big stick with a nail thru' it.  Hope they post a video....)

• Like 2

On 29/09/2020 at 07:09, polybear said:

One of these days he'll con the wrong person and get a visit from someone clutching a big stick with a nail thru' it.  Hope they post a video....)

I could always set the Mrs on him for a small fee.

030007a7.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2020 at 22:57, MrWolf said:

Unfortunately, eBay always sides with the buyer who complains, whether or not he is a swindler. I had the same problem some years ago with a new convertible top for a car. Buyer says it's old, mouldy and damaged. Then ignores my response. EBay take the money back from me and threaten to chuck me out.

I appreciate this is from the front page but that's not quite as true these days, although admittedly, it's easier for the buyer.
I knew this one was dodgy as they paid by card (so there was no PayPal account) and chose to collect from Argos, so no postage address.  They asked for me to send it to another house address, but I declined and said it would be sent to the address they chose during checkout.

I invested in a game on Kickstarter, around £30.
Received the game, which also came with some extra bits - a badge, toy, sticker and extra cards.
Didn't want the extra bits so put them up for sale.
I made sure I wrote "EMPTY BOX" in the title AND BOLD on the sales page.
Seller number 1 thought I was being dishonest so out-bid everyone and then said they wouldn't pay.  I suggested as they understood they were empty boxes, so would most people and asked what else I could have written.  No response.  Blocked.
Sold it again for £40+ - woo!  Sent, done and dusted.

Buyer then comes on to say there were three bits missing.
I asked them to check carefully, told them where the badge (the smallest piece) was within the parcel, but that I would also check here.  I checked the carpet for 1 second - nothing found.

Buyer then says they want to return it but only two bits missing now.
I ask them to check carefully and confirm no bits were left out.  I asked them to show me a photo of the parcel when they picked it up.  I also suggested I would call the Argos store where it was posted to and ask them to check CCTV and such.
Buyer opens a case saying just one bit (the badge) was missing.
I message the seller saying I will accept their return but please could they show a photo of the outer box.
I respond saying the seller has not responded.
Case gets closed in my favour.

If the buyer doesn't do anything with the case, it WILL end in your favour but I guess those cases are far and few between.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 31/08/2020 at 09:56, hayfield said:

It's part of the distance selling regulations that they have formal contact details. How hermes have got away with this for so long...

I had a works order (around £200) go missing. The vendor offered to replace the items but didn't seem very bothered about chasing Hermes (I suppose the actual cost to him was far lower than the £200 retail). Anyway I asked instead to pay for a second order (via Royal Mail) and he'd sign over all rights to the first batch.

I wrote to hermes- ignored. I wrote a second time- ignored. I wrote a third time telling them they had 7 days to refund/ find/ replace or I would issue proceedings in the County Court- ignored. They ignored the Court summons for 13 days and finally on the last day they 'found' my missing package. I should have pursued them for the Court costs too, but life's too short.

I'm afraid it's the only thing these people understand. I have got so fed up of hermes and yodel that any retailer/ supplier- be it personal or work- I won't buy unless they can send it by a proper courier or Royal Mail. Hopefully if enough people do that then retailers will abandon hermes/ yodel. It's only a couple of quid more for DPD and it's worth it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

In the past I was one of their greatest critics, they are far better now, but in my opinion they have a third class service. The Royal Mail have been going for years and they did go through a bad patch a few years ago, but have overcome the obstacles they faced and do offer a good variety of services. Hermes has come in on the budget end, trying to complete with the Royal Mail on price and service without the scales of economy the Royal Mail has, they are exceptional value for heavy items.

But they have to cut costs to make profits, this new customer service "Bot" being one of them. Simply its not programed to accept the possibility that they have delivered to a wrong address !! Then having no easily accessible customer service center.

They are my delivery service of last resort .

• Agree 1

• simon b changed the title to SCAM EBAY BUYER??? "trainbay"