RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, WhiteRoseRambler said:

I notice that everyone is getting their model of 'Caroline' but as of yet I have had no email to advise me to pay my balance. The website update says all emails have been sent out so am just trying to fill in the gaps. I have emailed Revolution but I suspect they are busy.

Many thanks.

Chris

Hi Chris

As per the info on our website - please login to your account on our website where you should see your balance invoice. 

Best wishes

Mike

19 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

Of course that could just be the automatic e-mail that you receive when you pay the final balance (assuming you only paid 50% up front).  As it says on the website, that doesn't mean anything.

I am unable to find on the website the above reference, but IIRC the status once the final balance is paid is "Completed" rather than "Despatched". I may however be wrong in assuming that having received an email headed "Your Order has Now Been Despatched" that my order has indeed been despatched.

But thanks for the insight, David.  I'm beginning to wonder what anything means. 

(At least my ESU decoder has arrived....)

Andy

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Does anyone know how to move the tail lights from F2 to another function on a Dapol Imperium decoder in terms of CV settings?

Also anticipate latch problems on F2 (Prodigy Advance2)

See rorz101uk post two up from yours. Think they are the same decoder.

Edited by matchmaker
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, matchmaker said:

See rorz101uk post two up from yours. Think they are the same decoder.

I wasn't sure based on differnet performances of the two, that this was still valid.

Even so, @rorz101uk what is the value entered for the relavent CV? The number of the function key you want to map it to?

31 minutes ago, Fordbank said:

I am unable to find on the website the above reference, but IIRC the status once the final balance is paid is "Completed" rather than "Despatched". I may however be wrong in assuming that having received an email headed "Your Order has Now Been Despatched" that my order has indeed been despatched.

The last paragraph on this post  - https://revolutiontrains.com/easy-come-easy-car-go-oo-4mm-caroline-and-fna-ds-arrive/ states:

"Please note when you pay a balance invoice the website automatically updates the deposit part of your order to “Complete” and sends you an email saying your order has been despatched – this is an automatic software bug that we can’t change. Your order is actually despatched when we mark the balance part of the order as “Complete” ie despatched."

After paying my own balance I received an e-mail titled "Your Revolution Trains is now despatched", which is just the automatic e-mail that should be ignored (ie it was sent less than hour after I paid the remaining balance).  If I go to the website, and select "Shop", "My Account", and then look at my "Orders", I can see that the final payment for Caroline is marked as "Processing".  That means that it hasn't yet been dispatched.  At some point, the status on the website for the second part of my Caroline order will change to "Completed" and at that point it will have been dispatched. I agree that the descriptions are not particularly intuitive.

If you choose to pay 50% upfront and then 50% when the goods arrive in the UK, then you will have two order numbers for the one item.

The first is generated when you place the order (which in my case was 20/08/2020) and this will initially show as "Partially Paid".  Revolution Trains then raise the balance payment request, which is given a separate order number (in my case dated 25/07/2023).  It appears that when you make the balance payment, the status of the first order is automatically changed from "Partially Paid" to "Completed" and this is what is causing the "Dispatch" e-mails to be sent out in error.  Revolution Trains will manually update the second order number from "Processing" to "Completed" when they actually send out your model and in one of my previous purchases, that was actually after I had received the model.

I'd therefore recommend that you ignore the dispatch e-mail and just check in your account.

8 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

The last paragraph on this post  - https://revolutiontrains.com/easy-come-easy-car-go-oo-4mm-caroline-and-fna-ds-arrive/ states: ,,,,,,,

I'd therefore recommend that you ignore the dispatch e-mail and just check in your account.

Thank you, David, for such a precise and helpful reply. 

Now, at last I understand.

They also serve......

Hopefully.

Andy

2 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

CV 36 = value 64 which turns it to F5

One of those things which makes it worth using Decoder Pro if it supported by your DCC setup. I've used that to reprogram the interior lights to F5, tailights to F6, solebar lights to F7 and searchlights to F9 so that the same address controls Caroline and its loco - Lord Hinton. What the pcb really needs is a flip flop circuit on it so that instead of a function for the tailights it makes the lights work at one only as I doubt Caroline has ever been in use without an attached loco.

3 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

Hi Chris

As per the info on our website - please login to your account on our website where you should see your balance invoice. 

Best wishes

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Sorry, I'm obviously being really stupid here as everyone else seems to have mastered this; I have an invoice on my account dated 27 May 2020 when I placed my order. It mentions what the future amount will be but how do I actually pay it? Am I supposed to ring up? Is it that simple? I don't see a link to click and I never received an email so is it that I ring you up and pay the balance?

Kind regards

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseRambler said:

Thanks Mike,

Sorry, I'm obviously being really stupid here as everyone else seems to have mastered this; I have an invoice on my account dated 27 May 2020 when I placed my order. It mentions what the future amount will be but how do I actually pay it? Am I supposed to ring up? Is it that simple? I don't see a link to click and I never received an email so is it that I ring you up and pay the balance?

Kind regards

Chris

On the web page choose <Shop>; then choose <Accounts>; then <Orders>; then choose the order number you wish to pay the balance on. This brings up Order Detils. To the left on this screen choose <Payment Methods>. This will bring up a card payment screen into which you can put your debit card details.

And then begins the wait for your Caroline to be despatched. But they're understandably busy just now.

Hope this helps. Took me a while.

Andy

16 hours ago, DCCconcepts said:

Hi Lagrange

The Rails Connect decoder does not have a direct stay alive connection - it is a 6 full power version.

The Dccconcepts ZN218 does have a stay alive connection - but the current version is a 6-full power umit and will not operate the functions connected to AUX3/AUX4.

But - watch this space (DCCconcepts) for a 4+2 type.

Best Regards.

The DCCconcepts Team

Are you suggesting here that the original blue Z218s would be ok to work with Caroline? Added benefit of a stay alive too.

I have a few spare available so would be a good use for them when I receive my model... probably the only guy why doesn't want Revolution to post it as currently stranded abroad!

6 hours ago, Fordbank said:

On the web page choose <Shop>; then choose <Accounts>; then <Orders>; then choose the order number you wish to pay the balance on. This brings up Order Detils. To the left on this screen choose <Payment Methods>. This will bring up a card payment screen into which you can put your debit card details.

And then begins the wait for your Caroline to be despatched. But they're understandably busy just now.

Hope this helps. Took me a while.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Been through that process but I have no new invoice to pay; if that is what you received?  Only the original from 2020. Hopefully Mike will reply to my email and we can take this off the forum.

Chris

5 hours ago, SouthernMafia said:

Are you suggesting here that the original blue Z218s would be ok to work with Caroline? Added benefit of a stay alive too.

I have a few spare available so would be a good use for them when I receive my model... probably the only guy why doesn't want Revolution to post it as currently stranded abroad!

The original blue ZN218 was only a four function decoder.

It will work some lights - but not all of them.

Likewise - the current ZN218 and Rails Connect decoders - they will work whatever is connected to the F0f/F0r/AUX1/AUX2 pins, but not AUX3/AUX4

Best Regards.

The DCCconcepts Team

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

One of those things which makes it worth using Decoder Pro if it supported by your DCC setup. I've used that to reprogram the interior lights to F5, tailights to F6, solebar lights to F7 and searchlights to F9 so that the same address controls Caroline and its loco - Lord Hinton. What the pcb really needs is a flip flop circuit on it so that instead of a function for the tailights it makes the lights work at one only as I doubt Caroline has ever been in use without an attached loco.

It’s a shame that F0 has to be on for the tail lights to work but then you have also go the marker and high-intensity lamp on too. 

Don't suppose anyone has any photos of Caroline in the early 00's trying to justify to myself to get one but having a hard time finding what colours she was in and what was her traction in around 2000

As discussed earlier in this thread, its easy to pop out the circuit board and put a strip of insulation tape over the connector pads for the end next to the loco. Its worked well for me. I also mapped the red lights onto F0.

There are some reasons why Revolution did it this way, also discussed previously.

Regards

Jeremy

25 minutes ago, hammy said:

Don't suppose anyone has any photos of Caroline in the early 00's trying to justify to myself to get one but having a hard time finding what colours she was in and what was her traction in around 2000

According to the Revolution Trains website - https://revolutiontrains.com/product/caroline-975025-inspection-saloon-oo-4mm/  Caroline was in BR Network Southeast livery from 1991-2003.

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, hammy said:

Hi there,

If you're rigid with 2000 then according to our research 975025 (at that time unnamed) spent the year languishing in a shed at Stewart's Lane.   The saloon had been sold to VSOE Belmond following privatisation in the mid-1990s and they had a plan to turn it into an observation car for the British Pullman.

But this never happened, and the saloon was unused and deteriorating when, in 2003, Serco realised its potential and acquired it. 

The saloon was refurbished and named Caroline, retaining the headcode boxes and jumpercables and in this era was most often seen with Fragonset locos.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

If you're rigid with 2000 then according to our research 975025 (at that time unnamed) spent the year languishing in a shed at Stewart's Lane.   The saloon had been sold to VSOE Belmond following privatisation in the mid-1990s and they had a plan to turn it into an observation car for the British Pullman.

But this never happened, and the saloon was unused and deteriorating when, in 2003, Serco realised its potential and acquired it. 

The saloon was refurbished and named Caroline, retaining the headcode boxes and jumpercables and in this era was most often seen with Fragonset locos.

cheers

Ben A.

Cheers for the info for that layouts 1999 to 2003 so may get away with one was it green when dragnet were running it

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, hammy said:

Cheers for the info for that layouts 1999 to 2003 so may get away with one was it green when dragnet were running it

Hi there,

If you mean Fragonset then yes, it was green at that time but SR green (a very slightly more 'olive' colour) and it had the headcodes and jumpers, not the marker light clusters, as they weren't fitted until Network Rail carried out a full rebuild in 2007.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1