Bachmann Collector's Club - Renewal or not...

Darius43

• RMweb Gold

Just received an email telling me my membership was due for renewal - which confused me because I recall joining later in the year.  In any event I logged in to the club website (using google not the emailed link) but my login details wouldn't work - changed the password and got in.  Found the "my account " section but couldn't find any information on my membership dates to see if teh amil was correct.  Never mind, went to the renewal page and clicked on renew to see if it would tell me.  This launched the renewal page but when I tried to add a "renewal" to the basket the website wouldnt let me - got a "no entry" icon on the click button.   I rang the contact number to see if a real person could tell me anything but it went to voicemail - presumably reduced/no staffing due to the pandemic.

Gave up.

On the bright side that's £44 a year saved to spend on other things.

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phatbob said:

Looks like somebody's phishing to me.

Thats what I suspected, which is why I went to the collectors club site separately through Google and not the email link. 

• Agree 1

• Moderators

A response from Bachmann...

We can reassure Bachmann Collectors Club members and other RMweb readers that the emails being discussed here are genuine communications from the Bachmann Collectors Club as part of a routine reminder process relating to club memberships. It has been brought to our attention that a couple of current members were incorrectly contacted in relation to their membership having expired and we would like to apologise for any confusion caused by this mistake. Despite alterations to our working practices resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, the Collectors Club team remain available to help current, former, and prospective members by telephone and email between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Richard Proudman

Communications Manager

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

That's funny.

I haven't received a Bachmann reminder although my membership is due at the end of the month. But I've received one from Scalextric which I'm not a member of.

Renew your Scalextric Club membership!

From just £40 per year for UK residents and £56 for international members, you can access exclusive products and competitions, plus a whole host of benefits.

This includes a Club exclusive slot car and the 2021 Scalextric catalogue (available January 2021). Plus, you can enjoy a 10% discount off Cars and Accessories* on the Scalextric website!

https://scalextric.hornbynews.com/2DJZ-1LTPJ-8B2AOIKN2D/cr.aspx

Is it the same company doing the reminders or is it just a coincidence?

Jason

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

That's funny.

I haven't received a Bachmann reminder although my membership is due at the end of the month. But I've received one from Scalextric which I'm not a member of.

Renew your Scalextric Club membership!

From just £40 per year for UK residents and £56 for international members, you can access exclusive products and competitions, plus a whole host of benefits.

This includes a Club exclusive slot car and the 2021 Scalextric catalogue (available January 2021). Plus, you can enjoy a 10% discount off Cars and Accessories* on the Scalextric website!

https://scalextric.hornbynews.com/2DJZ-1LTPJ-8B2AOIKN2D/cr.aspx

Is it the same company doing the reminders or is it just a coincidence?

Jason

Ditto here. Nothing from Bachmann when mine expired, but got a Scalextric one today, and like you, not a member. 

Roy

Seems genuine Hornby though. If I click on the link it goes straight to the Scalextric/Hornby website.

Receiving Scalextric, Airfix, Hornby, etc emails isn't strange to me as I am registered to receive them. Just never been a member of any of their clubs.

I think it's a genuine mistake rather than anything sinister. Probably by a third party emailing company who have sent the wrong emails out.

Jason

• Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic