More model ideas

Not models, but spare parts availability.

Dapol do it with their locomotives.

A/S locomotives are if anything far more detailed - I have 'Deltic debris' all over my layout - corner steps, wheel scrapers / whatever they are - I've had to collect.

Models are superb, but in general and regular use, there will always be some collateral damage, which requires repairs.

Just a thought.

Al.

• Agree 1

Has anyone else watched the Accurascale 5th anniversary webchat between Fran and Andy Y ?  Perhaps I was reading a little too much into the fleeting mention of possible more electric locos in the future. 

My favourite "roarer" was the class 82, but 83s were also somewhat hellfire.  With class 82 you can even getaway with the Intercity liveried 82008 in it's last years of service.

Just saying 

• Like 3

That video has also mentioned new Accurascale announcements at the Glasgow and Ally Pally shows. So steam, diesel, electric, coaching stock and wagons - a whole panoply of stuff to consider. 

Building Britain range needs LNWR Cauliflower, Midland 2F, LMS !Austin 7 and 8F.

Vintage scene needs LNWR 2-4-2 radial, Midland "flatiron" 0-6-4, and LMS 2-6-2ts from Fowler and Stanier, as well as maybe a Precursor or 19 inch goods and the SR "K" class 2-6-0 and the GWR "Aberdare" 

Vintage stock has to have LMS motor Train stock, maybe a few Midland clerestorys and GW/BR(W) non corridors. 

"Modern image" aka the diesel and electric years   class 81 82 and 83 AC locos and maybe the EDL class 74. 

Wagons are unlimited

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Not models, but spare parts availability.

Dapol do it with their locomotives.

A/S locomotives are if anything far more detailed - I have 'Deltic debris' all over my layout - corner steps, wheel scrapers / whatever they are - I've had to collect.

Models are superb, but in general and regular use, there will always be some collateral damage, which requires repairs.

Just a thought.

Al.

We pride ourselves on our complete spares service. if you need something drop us a line. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Certainly the class '40'. But, firstly, look at the Kernow Bullied SR/BR 1Co Co1 bogies and compare that with the hapless Bachman offering of the same design! Kernow got it right but Bachmann's  cosmetic outer frames are still the same old crap! I have several Bachmann class EE Types 1, 3, and 4 and they run superbly to suit my wider 4mm. gauge but I must admit the type 4's just don't do the visuial business any longer due to the awfull cosmetic bogie side frame mouldings! Regards. HL 2 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

A.N.Other manufacturer is looking interested in the class 40 - so I think Accurascale would be wise to give that a miss until we see how that project pans out ............... unless it's one of their well-developed pending announcements, of course. ( In which case, A.N.Other would have to reconsider their position ! )

KR models announced the Type 4/Class 40 at Warley last year!

Edited by Black 5 Bear

On 27/01/2023 at 09:55, Wickham Green too said:

Felix Pole wagons would be an obvious pairing for a GWR loco AND could be adapted from the MDO design work to add to the Powering the Nation theme.

Great idea. Any coal wagons are winners, especially in transition era.  Could you get away with the odd Felix Pole among the 21 tonners behind a green 37 ?

On 06/02/2023 at 01:18, HarryLamb2 said:

Certainly the class '40'. But, firstly, look at the Kernow Bullied SR/BR 1Co Co1 bogies and compare that with the hapless Bachman offering of the same design! Kernow got it right but Bachmann's  cosmetic outer frames are still the same old crap! I have several Bachmann class EE Types 1, 3, and 4 and they run superbly to suit my wider 4mm. gauge but I must admit the type 4's just don't do the visuial business any longer due to the awfull cosmetic bogie side frame mouldings! Regards. HL 2 

On 06/02/2023 at 10:29, Wickham Green too said:

A.N.Other manufacturer is looking interested in the class 40 - so I think Accurascale would be wise to give that a miss until we see how that project pans out ............... unless it's one of their well-developed pending announcements, of course. ( In which case, A.N.Other would have to reconsider their position ! )

On 06/02/2023 at 10:32, Black 5 Bear said:

KR models announced the Type 4/Class 40 at Warley last year!

On 06/02/2023 at 10:43, Wickham Green too said:

Have they got beyond the Expressions Of disInterest stage yet ?

On 06/02/2023 at 12:23, Black 5 Bear said:

Who knows?

I'd really want to see some pictures before committing to buy!

On 06/02/2023 at 15:06, Wickham Green too said:

I don't think you'll be alone in that sentiment ............................... though some will buy whatever comes along ( first ).

I am afraid that there are only three manufacturers I would trust to produce a decent scale class 40, and one of those is Bachmann in a "class 47 or class 37" style revamp. Favourite would be Accurascale.  Whether others feel the same I have no idea but an Accurascale class 40 or two would certainly be very much received. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

As you probably have seen we will be announcing our next OO locomotive at Model Rail Scotland, so who knows what it could be (well I do, but you know what I mean!)

Could it be steam? Diesel? Electric? Well I will give you all a clue; it's certainly not a gas turbine!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Covkid said:

I am afraid that there are only three manufacturers I would trust to produce a decent scale class 40, and one of those is Bachmann in a "class 47 or class 37" style revamp. Favourite would be Accurascale.  Whether others feel the same I have no idea but an Accurascale class 40 or two would certainly be very much received. 

OK that two mentioned who’s the third 🤫🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

As you probably have seen we will be announcing our next OO locomotive at Model Rail Scotland, so who knows what it could be (well I do, but you know what I mean!)

Could it be steam? Diesel? Electric? Well I will give you all a clue; it's certainly not a gas turbine!

Cheers!

Fran 

So long as it's not yet another model of The Flying Money Pit cashing in on the Centenary, I won't mind what it is. ;-) LOL

But fingers crossed for something I can use on a layout.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 17:12, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Announced in Scotland....mmm class 27 would be nice.