Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Some of the things I really want aren't likely ever to come along .................. though I'm happy to be surprised ! 😊

Is anyone ever going to make a RTR 4Sub?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I too really appreciate the advanced notice. I think the current model of 12-18 months is working well, especially as the timescales are becoming more predictable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 25/05/2023 at 09:21, StuAllen said:

Speaking of announcements - when’s the next one due? 

Have I said this before? 🤣 I bet the next announcement will be when the Manors start to be despatched from the UK A/s depot...

Obviously that will be for the second run of Manors, but I am still hopeful that A/s will announce a new GWR Saint class 4-6-0 and a GWR Pannier Tank 0-6-0PT loco soon.

Mind you, some nice Accurascale GWR carriages to go with the Manors would be a good move....

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Crikey - the last new GWR Pannier Tank 0-6-0PT loco only hit the shelves five minutes ago an' there's already another one on the way ! 😉

I should have been more specific!

A pre WW2 version of a 57xx / 2021 etc - non top feed version…..

• RMweb Premium
On 25/05/2023 at 08:41, NZRedBaron said:

things outside the usual would be a bonus as well

Model ranges are awash with wagons outside the usual.  It's the bread and butter items that are underrepresented (particularly general merchandise stock). But buyers seem to really like the oddball stuff, so who can blame the manufacturers when they can sell out a run of corned-beef tankers (of which only ten ever existed) before it hits the shelves.

48 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

Model ranges are awash with wagons outside the usual.  It's the bread and butter items that are underrepresented (particularly general merchandise stock). But buyers seem to really like the oddball stuff, so who can blame the manufacturers when they can sell out a run of corned-beef tankers (of which only ten ever existed) before it hits the shelves.

Well, I'll take your word for it, but I meant more that nearly every 'bread-and-butter' PO and company wagon I've seen RTR is at best a generic cookie-cutter RCH 1923 Design with a different livery; or at worst is completely made up.

With the excellent Class 92 with its working Pan, Bachmanns very good Class 90,then I feel that a Accurascale Class 86 on par with the 92 would pretty much nail the last 35 years or so of the WCML. Then of course there is the Hornby 87 and full fat Class 82 DVT as accompanyment to. 

Plus of course, it falls nicely in the category of English Electric Workhorse as per Class 37,50 & 55 and has lots of variations in detail to get the Irish boys frothing more than a can of freshly shook up Guiness! 

• RMweb Premium

Another vote for a Polybulk , a Grainflow one ideally , at a reasonable price . Bachmann get away with their charges because they know someone will pay it . The thing about the accurascale boys though is while presumably making a profit they do deliver at reasonable cost .

don’t forget about my 313/314/315 though! 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, NZRedBaron said:

...... 'bread-and-butter' PO and company wagon I've seen RTR is at best a generic cookie-cutter RCH 1923 Design with a different livery; or at worst is completely made up.

Until the current crop of "new fidelity" manufactures... if a PO wagon was a 7 plank wagon, the design was printed on, irrespective whether it was the correct design of 7 plank wagon.... (Other wagon sizes are also applicable!).

Clearly we will will still get the made-up liveries, but I would hope we will also get the correct livery on (say) a Gloucester base etc.

It will be interesting to see if the new guys can then produce more faded "in-use" liveries, rather than straight out of the paint-shop.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NZRedBaron said:

Well, I'll take your word for it, but I meant more that nearly every 'bread-and-butter' PO and company wagon I've seen RTR is at best a generic cookie-cutter RCH 1923 Design with a different livery; or at worst is completely made up.

So you meant "usual" in terms of other models rather than in terms of prototype designs?  We seem to be making the same point.  I was thinking more of ordinary merchandise wagons (opens and vans) rather than minerals though, as they seem to me to be particularly poorly represented for the broad period from late pre-grouping to the 1970s that covers a lot of modelling interests.  

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

... if a PO wagon was a 7 plank wagon, the design was printed on, irrespective whether it was the correct design of 7 plank wagon. ...

Though one manufacturer who has a pretty accurate eight plank mineral in their arsenal, too, was ( is ? ) quite happy to apply a livery appropriate to a seven-planker or vice-versa ........................... what plankers ??!?

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Not to mention the unique pilchard trolley of which only one out of focus, partial view is known :

2629.29xDSC_0170.jpg.6eb976306f803233c1f80269e2419929.jpg

Now you've mentioned it, everybody will want one.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Craig1989 said:

Has anyone mentioned a class 40? 

cheers Craig 

Not since 1829..........

(See the 37 thread for the reference)

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Instead of just making single examples of private owner wagons, especially those owned by collieries, why not make packs of multiple differently-numbered wagons. The same applies to the old faithful 16-ton mineral wagon. I got fed up trying to renumber so many of them so I could run a prototypical 45-wagon train, and I suppose nobody will notice the block of five over there that have all been renumbered with the same running number, just because it's different from the number that was on the wagons when I bought them.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Has anyone mentioned a class 40? 

cheers Craig 

you must have a faulty keyboard, your messages make an annoying whistling sound when on my screen.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

11 hours ago, Budgie said:

Instead of just making single examples of private owner wagons, especially those owned by collieries, why not make packs of multiple differently-numbered wagons. ...

No good for my modelling era when all such wagons were pooled and a wide variety of different owners is fully justified ........... but even before the war a raft of wagons belonging to one owner and running together were very unlikely to be identical in detail.

• Like 1