More model ideas

34 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Dont show this to Hosking at Crewe or they will building one!

Believe you me that’s actually something that I’d thought about over the years (and not necessarily by Mr Hoskings or LSL), especially given what was achieved with The Trianon Bar in the late 1990s, early 2000s.

http://www.cs.rhrp.org.uk/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=2273

Not a fan of how’s it is looking these days though….

https://flic.kr/p/2oCyJ6y

Said it before and will say it again to keep it fresh in the Accurascale’s team minds!

Electrostar - wide selection of liveries and variations of tooling (right up accuras street!) - would appeal massively especially to younger modellers.

EWS / DB FCA - great versatile intermodal wagon which is a missing link i feel for the last 20 years for EWS / DB intermodal trains. Has worked, standard shipping containers, binliners (various container types and liveries), MOD workings with MOD style containers, even worked in engineering consists with basket panels too. Would suit accura i feel in the same way the PFA’s do, with a variety of load types on an unchanged base wagon. Plenty of release options and types.

Last but not least, MLA’s - x3 variations with lots of running numbers to reproduce. Metronet / GBRF (could be produced with or without First logos, LU logos, metronet logos all of these were taken off at different stages when put into normal service after first sold GBRF, and subsequently metronet went down the pan…), Network Rail yellow with white patch stickers, and EWS red with axle motion bogies. You also have the IEA version which is almost identical also with axle motion bogies in network rail yellow with x3 logos per wagon side. Yellow always sells and all of the above would go hand in hand in rakes with the Dapol falcon JNA’s. Again another missing link in the modern day ballast wagon pool…

Would love to see any of these produced at some point… hopefully accurascale are listening! 

Edited by WCML100
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Said it before and will say it again to keep it fresh in the Accurascale’s team minds!

Electrostar - wide selection if liveries and variations of tooling (right up accuras street!) - would appeal massively especially to younger modellers.

I'm with Electrostar, but another outside bet is a 325.

• Like 1

Not a recommendation for a model, more of something that could be incorporated into locos.

To ease the task of wheel cleaning, a socket of sorts underneath the loco connected to the pickups, into which you could plug in a cable from the track(via crocodile clips maybe?). This could allow you to run the model whilst upside-down without having to hold bits of wire or such to the wheels with one hand, and trying to clean with the other.

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, WCML100 said:

EWS / DB FCA - great versatile intermodal wagon which is a missing link i feel for the last 20 years for EWS / DB intermodal trains. Has worked, standard shipping containers, binliners (various container types and liveries), MOD workings with MOD style containers, even worked in engineering consists with basket panels too. Would suit accura i feel in the same way the PFA’s do, with a variety of load types on an unchanged base wagon. Plenty of release options and types.

How about EWS/DB Cargo FKA/FOA ‘Megafret’ and FQA intermodal wagons?

Edited by jools1959
Typo
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

EWS/DB Cargo FKA/FOA ‘Megafret’

If there was one intermodal that would tempt me this away from my stance of "no more intermodal" this would be it I think.

Currently I have FL and GBRF FEAs, IKAs, KFAs and FLAs. So the only hole really for me in terms of haulier is DB hauled ones which are often FKA and IKAs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 21/10/2023 at 12:52, farren said:

I might have mentioned it before but, with the 16 ton mineral wagons now on the horizon surly a BR break van has to be in the pipeline, finish of the rake lovely just saying 

I would enjoy seeing Accurascales take on this. Optional fire/ lighting would be a real bonus.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

DCC should be able to cope; stove lit with door open or closed, a handlamp lit or not on the desk, red tail lamp, and sidelamps shining white light forward and red and alternative white to rear.  If the sides are red/white in both directions then the van can change direction, but a tail lamp has to be removable and placeable on the bracket at the other end of the van.  Guard with lit glowing ciggie.  If anyone can do it it's AC, and might lead to all sorts of loco lamp shennanigans.

Now, this would need some clever designing and thinking through, but might be possible using optical fibre delivering light to the rear of the lamp body, the lamp opening some sort of flap or switching the base lamp on as it is placed on the bracket.  No use to us DC types though.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I’d love to see Accurascale turn their attention to some of the BRCW prototypes for their next diesels. About time we had a decent and accurate Class 33 at a sensible price. 

Accurascale, if you ever want access to our 33/0 and 33/1 for prototyping then we will always accommodate you…

Can't recall if I have said this before but in the wagon range, I think there is room for the FGA-FFA five piece original Freightliner flats.  Although Bachmann did a nice model they clearly under estimated the number of FFA intermediates modellers were wanting so they have pretty much sold out whilst the twin packs of outers can still be bought.  Hornby's "FFA" was new from Triang when I hadn't even started primary school.  I can't help thinking that Accurascale could offer some competition to Bachmann on this range as Barwell doesn't seem to be in a hurry to release any more, and with Accurascale's bundle deals being popular, would no doubt do a good financially tempting run at this iconic wagon type.  Given Charlie and Arran do nice boxes, probably no need to do them giving people the chance to pick and mix the appropriate boxes for their rakes.

Nice Bullied wagon by the way, which no doubt will eventually mutate into a sugar beet double height version at some point.  Still waiting for the 80 class though, come on, money waiting...

• RMweb Gold

How about going head-to-head with Dapol and going for a different auto-trailer.  My own wishlisting would be an A10 first, but I'd be happy with an A44 'cyclops' or a revisit of the A30 with proper flush cab doors, the old Airfix being somewhat compromised and long-in-the-tooth which hasn't stopped Hornby from knocking them out!  There are also matchboarded and 70' trailers to consider.  And while we're on a GW branch theme, how about a B-set that isn't an E140 bow-ender, to put Rapido's nose out of joint!  No Johnster wishlisting axes to grind here, Tondu was a B-set free zone, all branches second class only...

Some Collett flat-ended non-gangwayed coaches would be nice as well.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

How about going head-to-head with Dapol and going for a different auto-trailer.  My own wishlisting would be an A10 first, but I'd be happy with an A44 'cyclops' or a revisit of the A30 with proper flush cab doors, the old Airfix being somewhat compromised and long-in-the-tooth which hasn't stopped Hornby from knocking them out!  There are also matchboarded and 70' trailers to consider.  And while we're on a GW branch theme, how about a B-set that isn't an E140 bow-ender, to put Rapido's nose out of joint!  No Johnster wishlisting axes to grind here, Tondu was a B-set free zone, all branches second class only...

Some Collett flat-ended non-gangwayed coaches would be nice as well.