Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Morning Peter, TWO wonderful sets of pictures mate, so full of atmosphere, more MORE MORE please.

Evening Andy,

A balmy 32 degrees here. I have a few more to post up Andy don't worry.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Peter, what make are your parcels coaches? I'd like to make up a parcels train.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

My parcels stock is a bit of a mix but the Blue Grey BG in the class 40 hauled train is a Replica model with flush glaze windows fitted. The other vans Are renumbered Lima GUVs some of these have been repainted and re branded for Newspapers. All my Lima vans have had the Lima bogies replaced with Mainline or Bachmann MK1 bogies with correct size 14mm wheels.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

More super photos Peter!!

like your new semaphores..

Thanks Mate,

I am quite happy with the Semaphores, not bad for a Ratio kit, though the Etch arms certainly improve the look.

Cheers Peter.

More pics.

47636 rounds the curve on an Inter City service from Euston. 47636 would have taken over from an 86 or 87 at Crewe.

25244 has shunted it's train into the Headshunt.

A 150 and 142 form the next stopping service to Chester.

45029 heads for Bangor.

Following the Peak  142 and 150 units head to Chester, passing 25904 on a ballast.

Thanks Peter, lovely stuff.

Ok Can someone help me out here. Because I am about ready to rip out all my decoders and go back to DC.

Problem is Two Bachmann class 25s both have same chip both had the same CV settings at 2,3,4,5,6, will not run in a consist. Play with CVs 3,4,5,6, in one loco to try and mach the other. Still no luck. Other option and I am tempted is to remove the motor and have a dummy loco.

Cheers Peter.

Ok Can someone help me out here. Because I am about ready to rip out all my decoders and go back to DC.

Problem is Two Bachmann class 25s both have same chip both had the same CV settings at 2,3,4,5,6, will not run in a consist. Play with CVs 3,4,5,6, in one loco to try and mach the other. Still no luck. Other option and I am tempted is to remove the motor and have a dummy loco.

Cheers Peter.

daft suggestion ... are the wheels clean? would dirty on one and clean on the other give different running speeds possibly?

have you got another similar loco, perhaps a 24 to try and judge better which one runs 'differently'?

Are the 25s from the same generation of releases? i.e. 8 pin and no directional lighting or 21 pin with directional lighting

• Like 2

daft suggestion ... are the wheels clean? would dirty on one and clean on the other give different running speeds possibly?

have you got another similar loco, perhaps a 24 to try and judge better which one runs 'differently'?

Are the 25s from the same generation of releases? i.e. 8 pin and no directional lighting or 21 pin with directional lighting

Hi Gordon,

Wheels and track clean. Both loco's have Bachmann 21 pin soundchip. I even tried an older one with no luck.

Cheers Peter,

Cheers Peter.

I did that with the 20 could never get them to run the same so took the motor out of one .

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Ok I'll openly admit I'm still learning myself with decoders but a couple of queries.

Depending on the system your using. I think if you consist the two decoders one becomes master and the other the slave. Does it matter which is which or do you get the same result both ways? If it doesn't matter which one, is it the same decoder that is lagging behind or responding differently.

If it's just one decoder have you tried the decoder in a different loco, just to prove whether it is the decoder or loco that is at fault?

I'm assuming other decoders are fine, which would rule the DCC system out of the equation?

Rich

Hi Peter,

Excellent pictures, I'm a bit behind, but 636 looks fabulous rounding the bend and an excellent chance with the glinting headlight!

As for the decoder problem, what system are you using?

I remember a friend of mine having a problem setting up a consist with a Prodigy, but as for actual running, and this isn't a dig at cleaning/servicing, do both chassis run as freely as each other?

Who makes Bachmann's decoders for them now, didn't it used to be ESU at one time? I seem to remember that Soundtrax were doing their sound decoders now.

If you swap the decoders between the two locos, does the problem transfer to the other loco as well, or stay?

Jinty ;)

Hi Rich & Jinty,

I am using an NCE Powercab, A consist is fairly easy to set up but I will try doing it with the other loco leading and my be play with the CVs on that loco.

Cheers Peter.

I feel for you Pete, I'm having the same issues with my new Class 20's

Hi Simon,

Being as 20s are normally paired up One loco in each of my 3 pairs are non powered. So no problem with decoders.

Cheers Peter.