Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

Not caught up for a bit the layout is looking fantastic, the new part is taking shape well with the scenics going in. I like your model of D200 looks very nice. Just a suggestion with your sound it does vary between locos but with a 66 I found putting the speaker facing up under the grills but covering the underside with black electrical tape increased the volume and sound as the space in the loco body made a bigger housing and worked well. The 40 is a similar length and might have the same effect as you said covering the grill with your hand made it louder? Might be worth a try. Bifs sounds are very good I have a 108 to fit next after playing with his model at Glasgow on Charlie's stand.

I like the brake van on the flask I keep looking at doing a coal one with the wasp stripes but finding decent pics of them is hard to come by.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I think my class 40 is sounding better now but I will remember that tip. I have a few others that could sound a bit better.

I have a few Bif sounds now but I haven't got a DMU yet. 

The brake van is a Bachmann that I have detailed but the paint job is Bachmann's it's in the Electrification livery, they were used on the Overhead wire trains. but seemed to turn up on other trains. I am not sure if Bachmann have done the coal sector livery. Paul Bartletts Wagons site should have a few pics, there were quite a few about, TOPS code would be CAR.

I noticed your thread has gone quite. Are you building a new layout or just working on stock?

Looks like some nice layouts going to the DEMU show this year a mate of mine from here is going this year I will have to make him a list of bits to get me. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter, SORRY for all the likes, and I only got to page 37 :no:  but having a re look from the start and looking for some inspiration.

No worries Andy, Hope you find something useful. 

All the best Peter.

Nice job on the semaphores!!

Thanks Mate,

They are made from the Ratio kits some of which are changed to suit my needs. It would be nice to wire them up and have them working may be one day.

Cheers Peter.

Hey Peter,

Love the 25's, Mixed Mk2D's, Blue/Grey and IC eh? I've just acquired a few Dapol Mk2D's in IC to go with a Mk1 RMB when I find one.

Hope you had a nice holiday?

Jinty ;-)

Pendeford sidings also has a rake of Mk2D coaches in intercity livery courtesy of Mr Wiles (wombatofludham). Great work on the extension Peter and I'm envious of the realistic people that populate Llanbourne.

Simon

Hey Peter,

Love the 25's, Mixed Mk2D's, Blue/Grey and IC eh? I've just acquired a few Dapol Mk2D's in IC to go with a Mk1 RMB when I find one.

Hope you had a nice holiday?

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jinty,

I think the Airfix/Dapol MK2ds are quite good, all I have done is change the wheels fit Kadee's paint the roofs fit no smoking signs on the blue grey ones I painted the white line that goes between the blue and the Grey. I still run old Hornby MK2s with flush glazing as replacing it all with the new stuff is too expensive for me though I do have some Bachmann MK2s to do.

The Holiday was good thanks it's nice to get away. All being well the UK is next year.

Cheers Peter.

Pendeford sidings also has a rake of Mk2D coaches in intercity livery courtesy of Mr Wiles (wombatofludham). Great work on the extension Peter and I'm envious of the realistic people that populate Llanbourne.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Llanbourne is in need of more people so it's about time I got some done. The ones in the pic are a mix of Bachmann and Dart castings.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Haven't popped in for a while I've been that busy with my layout. The bridges look nice, you've done a good job on those. I've got to build two for Peak Dale, so if you fancy a job.....LOL.

Hope the gouts better I've been told it can be pretty painful.

Nice modelling as always.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Peter

Haven't popped in for a while I've been that busy with my layout. The bridges look nice, you've done a good job on those. I've got to build two for Peak Dale, so if you fancy a job.....LOL.

Hope the gouts better I've been told it can be pretty painful.

Nice modelling as always.

Cheers

Marcus

No worries Marcus,

I see you have been busy Peak Dale is looking really good, you are not hanging around are you. It makes what I do each week look pretty poor. 

The Gout's all good at the moment thanks.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

A few pics from playing trains today.

47535 drops down onto it's train passing two class 40s in the holding sidings.

Trans-Pennine trains meet as 45150 arrives from York while sister loco 45111 waits too leave for Newcastle.

25224 heads down the branch on a flask train.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-53689000-1429447141_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-00135300-1429447207_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-89825100-1429447552_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-51110500-1429447642_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-86071400-1429447927_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-23557800-1429448046_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Some really nice pictures there Peter. I do like you're D200. Often fancied a 40 myself. I think it would either have to be D200 or 40145 as they would fit somewhere in my timescales. The 25s on the flasks look good too.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

You could have 40145 when it was in large logo liv. certainly be something different.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

There's a nice sweeping flow to those curves. I've just noticed the ground signal too. I've never installed ground signals before. I really should investigate them!

Some nice 20s there too!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West