Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Lovely stuff, Peter.  I am always impressed by the consistently high standards you achieve, irrespective of subject.  Nothing ever jars - it always appears exactly as it should and in context with its surroundings.  Looking forward to seeing the roof develop.

Best wishes, Paul

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Also made a start on the station roof.

20220226_173802.jpg

Peter,

That roof really looks the part. May I ask what it's constructed from? I'm guessing styrene sheet and brass wire, but I could be miles off.

Ian

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grampus said:

Lovely stuff, Peter.  I am always impressed by the consistently high standards you achieve, irrespective of subject.  Nothing ever jars - it always appears exactly as it should and in context with its surroundings.  Looking forward to seeing the roof develop.

Best wishes, Paul

Thanks Paul, 

The roof is causing me some problems but i am sure it will look ok when its done, I might have to make a few changes to the station building or even re build it at some point I will see how it looks when it's done.

Cheers Peter.

• Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, ISW said:

Peter,

That roof really looks the part. May I ask what it's constructed from? I'm guessing styrene sheet and brass wire, but I could be miles off.

Ian

Hi Ian,  Yes Styrene sheet and brass wire with some Styrene rod used as well as I had lying around. I used a sheet and cut 5mm and 4mm lengths to form the main part of the roof.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian,  Yes Styrene sheet and brass wire with some Styrene rod used as well as I had lying around. I used a sheet and cut 5mm and 4mm lengths to form the main part of the roof.

Cheers Peter.

Peter,

Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing how you do the actual roof and glazing.

Ian

On 06/03/2022 at 22:05, ISW said:

Peter,

Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing how you do the actual roof and glazing.

Ian

No worries Ian, 

I am not 100% sure on how I will do it yet but we will see how I go. 

Cheers Peter.

On 06/03/2022 at 04:32, P.C.M said:

Cheers Peter.

I'm sure it will be a fine addition to one of my favourite layouts on RMweb. Is it based on anywhere in particular (Llandudno)?

• RMweb Premium

The start on the roof looks great. A roof always gives a station an air of importance - little halts never had covers, but big mainline stations are always covered. Presumably a rood will also amplify the sound of diesel just ticking over too?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 61656 said:

Presumably a rood will also amplify the sound of diesel just ticking over too?

I know that people view large stations and cathedrals with a similar level of reverence, particularly in this forum.  I must say though, that I’ve never seen a rood screen in a station.

Oh, just a typo?  Sorry.

:-)

Paul.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

I know that people view large stations and cathedrals with a similar level of reverence, particularly in this forum.  I must say though, that I’ve never seen a rood screen in a station.

Oh, just a typo?  Sorry.

:-)

Paul.

Oh dear…

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

hopefully, you’ve got access back again and will be continuing to update us with progress on Llanbourne? We can’t lose it!

Rich

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Peter,

hopefully, you’ve got access back again and will be continuing to update us with progress on Llanbourne? We can’t lose it!

Rich

To dammed right we cant loose it, I need a regular FIX of Blue stuff. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Thanks Rich & Andy, 

Still here. looks like recent pics, cant be viewed yet but i am guessing it will get sorted.

I have made more progress on the station roof so will post pics when I get my phone fixed. 

Other news is all being well I will be in the UK from 11th to 30th of May. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Thanks Rich & Andy, 

Still here. looks like recent pics, cant be viewed yet but i am guessing it will get sorted.

Unfortunately, this is from Andy York's summary of the problem that occurred:

"The uploaded images from the last year could, sadly, not be recovered from Dediserve. Older images should be largely intact although further checks are being made. Users will be able to edit earlier posts and re-upload images if they wish. It’s far from ideal and I’m furious with Dediserve for their failings in this regard"

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, P.C.M said:

So I finally got a phone after having a loan phone for 4 weeks.

In that time I have finished the station roof.

20220506_173120.jpg

20220506_173108.jpg

20220506_173047.jpg

Wow! Now that’s what you call a statement piece. Fantastic work. Looks absolutely wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

Wow! Now that’s what you call a statement piece. Fantastic work. Looks absolutely wonderful.

Thanks mate, it took way longer than I wanted but I am pretty happy with it.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, 1977joey said:

Looks fantastic Peter, you can almost smell the diesel oil on the track underneath just looking at the pics! 

Cheers,

Mark 

Thanks Mark, I have freshened up the ballast a bit in the station area. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grampus said:

Lovely - that has real presence.  Gives your station a very different 'feel' IMHO. 

Best wishes,

Paul

Thanks Paul. It does I am still getting used to it.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1