Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

I'm suprised Peco or someone hasn't produced mounded point rodding before now. It would be great in 1ft long packs like plastic or nylon fencing. If it was 6 rods wide it could be cut down to any number of rods required and strung alongside the track.....dead easy.

Hi Rick,

Spot on:D one of Chesters 108 has decided it's done enough for the day, lucky Llanbourne had a spare rat on shed.

Hi Larry,

I think you could be onto somthing there, top idea.:D

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a parcel from Howes of Oxford this week which prompted me to go out to the garage, I hadn't done much since I finished 47613, though I do have a few things on the go at the moment. I just fancied an easy job and somthing I could finish. What arrived were some replacement Heljan wheels which I painted and put on all three class 33s while 33202 was in bits I did the centre spring mod which 33010 & 33026 already have. I did try some Hornby Pullman coach wheels a few weeks back which are alot cheaper, they aren't to bad but the loco is lower and when coupled to coaches notices more so I decided to go with the Heljan wheels. The running is definitely better because all three Cromptons ran well on track that hasn't been cleaned for a few weeks.

While all three Crompton were on the layout I took a pic as normally only one or two can be seen on the layout at one time.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-098844700 1289635744_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just catching up on your thread. The point rodding certainly adds to the realism of the model - the low-level view of your 47 looks great. Those 33's look very good as well.

Hi Mudmagnet,

Thanks, the point rodding is certainly worth doing though it is a right pain to do. Hopefully the class 47 fleet will grow by another two by the end of the year as I have another Inter City and a banger blue on the go at the moment. Next year I plan to do more work on the layout.:D

Cheers Peter.

Cracking trio of Cromptons there Peter - not seen them all together before.B)

Thanks Alex,

I am pretty sure they haven't all been on the layout at the same time before. I still have another class 33 to do, though I have been thinking I would like a 33/1 they never work a normal service on the North Wales Coast but I am sure had the service keeped running one would have turned up eventually.:D

Cheers Peter.

Peter

You have a nice subtle difference colour on the Cromptons and they look great.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

It wasn't really planned,:D though I haven't been too bothered about getting blues spot on for years, as in real life they varied. The 33/0s were from the first D numbered batch which I renumbered, the blue on these locos was to glossy so a sprayed a coat of satin over the sides this actually lightened up the blue a bit. The 33/2 has just been renumbered as I was quite happy with the Heljan finish.

The pic below shows slight diffence in colour on the real thing.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-007448400 1289696592_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mudmagnet,

Thanks, the point rodding is certainly worth doing though it is a right pain to do.

Cheers Peter.

And when you've done all that I have about 20 more points for you to rod up :lol: staff_muttley.gif

Superb work as always.

And when you've done all that I have about 20 more points for you to rod up :lol: staff_muttley.gif

Superb work as always.

Nice try mate:lol: I will probably be in a straight jacket by the time I finish mine. :blink: If you wanted to do some by one of your stations I would be quite happy to come up and help you do some, point you in the right direction so to speak.:D

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Keith,

Yes the Kadees, you should put them on your stuff they are great for a small shunting layout.:P Not as nice looking as screw link couplings but great for hands free operation on Llanbourne.:D

Hi Jeff, :D Are you going to the meeting Sunday?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Jeff, :D Are you going to the meeting Sunday?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

is the meeting on Sunday this month? I thought it was Saturday so got the wife to work Sunday!

Great picture by the way. Your point rodding looks great. Where did you get the square (in cross section) strips for the rodding from?

Cheers

Neil

Hi Peter,

is the meeting on Sunday this month? I thought it was Saturday so got the wife to work Sunday!

Great picture by the way. Your point rodding looks great. Where did you get the square (in cross section) strips for the rodding from?

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil,

I am pretty sure it is Sunday, maybe give Brian a ring or John as its his meeting, to make sure.

The square rodding is Plastruct, not sure of size I will have a look for you and let you know.

Cheers Peter.

Here is another Crompton pic,

It is 15.30 and 33202 has arrived with the 1V09 from Holyhead, the train loco on this service is required to pick up a van and attach it to its train before departing to Cardiff at 15.40.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-095722400 1289904137_thumb.jpg

post-7022-094242400 1289904364_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Dave and Rick,

The BG is fairly clean, because it's an NEX 100mph vehicle it spends a bit of time in passenger trains so has been through the washer a few times.:D Here is a pic of a nice dirty one though.;)

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-061432000 1289907585_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice pics, Peter.

I'm not sure about Sunday yet but the meeting is listed in The Clearing House as being on Sunday. I had a dose of swine 'flu' a few weeks ago (yes, really!) and am finding that I need the weekends to recover some strength since returning to work. I'll play it by ear.

Very nice pics, Peter.

I'm not sure about Sunday yet but the meeting is listed in The Clearing House as being on Sunday. I had a dose of swine 'flu' a few weeks ago (yes, really!) and am finding that I need the weekends to recover some strength since returning to work. I'll play it by ear.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear about that mate, Here's a plan, have a good sleep in on Saturday and come to the meeting Sunday, sorted.:lol:

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I was going to say the same thing as Dave about the weathering on the BG as its super! I also like the filthy one as well and your growing collection of 33's all look very nice that shot a few pages back of all 3 together looked really good - could have almost been the end of Bournmouth station in the 80's if you throw in a 73 as well!

Thanks,

Mark