Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Nice weathering on the wagons Peter,

regards,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Hope you are well Haven't heard from you in a while, hows the 7mm stuff going? haven't done any myself.:D

Cheers Peter.

Yes Peter you already know my idea for a P4 layout. The donut... which is inspired by the same style of layout in a early/ early early model Rail. I seem to have lost the copy of that Model rail somewhere in the "Newton towers estate" :lol: I know it will turn up. I have arranged P4 track....and I still have the old P4 layout in the attic, which got to a point and stoped.

Nerron, It is the Dave Bradwell etched brass singing and dancing kit. To which I have yet to figure out how to motorise it. In my usual technique I will be DCC'ing it. Dave Bradwell does recommend a motor in the tender driving a highlevel gear box.. I have to think about that. Though I can build the tender chassis, loco chassis and the foot plate till I have to make a decision! UMMM nice though. :biggrin_mini2:

Hi Doug,

I didn't know about your plans for a P4 donut, sounds quite tasty though. I do remember your other layout though.:D

Cheers Peter.

Hope you are well Haven't heard from you in a while, hows the 7mm stuff going? haven't done any myself.

Plodding on mate, but thanks for asking. Still juggling work, college, wifes illness and my hobby but good. The layout is slowly progressing and I've made myself a member of the local club. Have you progressed Holyhead yet? :blink::P

Been trawling through after a month away and it's all good. Must get ourselves together again sometime as well, Sir.

Hi Rick,

Welcome back, hope you had a goodly time. Yes we will have to catch up, have you thought about going to the convention?

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Excellent trip thanks Peter with a few goodies to add to my own layout. Unable to manage the convention despite it being on home turf thanks to a number of domestic commitments including an important anniversary B)

Excellent trip thanks Peter with a few goodies to add to my own layout. Unable to manage the convention despite it being on home turf thanks to a number of domestic commitments including an important anniversary B)

Hi Rick,

No worries on the convention then, we don't want to get you into trouble.:D

Cheers Peter,

I had a go at a few more night pics, plus I took a few with the lights on. Just a few loco's hanging around the shed area.

Also a couple of Dogfish wagons for Dave, I will post a few pics on my Cambrian models later.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-086691500 1286065078_thumb.jpg

post-7022-097145300 1286065221_thumb.jpg

post-7022-003008700 1286065352_thumb.jpg

post-7022-042675000 1286065505_thumb.jpg

post-7022-086929900 1286065748_thumb.jpg

post-7022-015469300 1286065854_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Plodding on mate, but thanks for asking. Still juggling work, college, wifes illness and my hobby but good. The layout is slowly progressing and I've made myself a member of the local club. Have you progressed Holyhead yet? :blink::P

Hi Mark,

Sorry I must have missed this post the other day.:O Glad you are going ok, sorry to hear about the wife. Life is a bit of a juggling act, I think sometimes having my Garage to go to helps keep my sanity. Joining a club is a great idea, bit like being on RMweb it helps keep you motivated.

Yes the 7mm has come to a stop, if it ever gets going it will be a Scottish terminus, very basic run round and a couple of sidings. Plus I will only need a few loco's.

Cheers Peter.

Great photos again Peter.

Pic of the week contenders I think!

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I keep meaning to put some pics in my gallery, maybe this week.:D

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the Dogfish shots Peter. Will come in very handy.

Some nice photos there too. I especially like the one of the 33 at the platform and the bloke on the platform. A very natural pose, unlike some figures you can get which look very staged. Do you happen to know where you got him/who makes him?

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks for the Dogfish shots Peter. Will come in very handy.

Some nice photos there too. I especially like the one of the 33 at the platform and the bloke on the platform. A very natural pose, unlike some figures you can get which look very staged. Do you happen to know where you got him/who makes him?

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

The figure is whitemetal and I am pretty sure made by Phoenix models. I had a quick serch and it seems they do 7mm stuff now. I bought him in a set of five passengers there was also PWay workers and station staff/drivers. Mainly Trains used to sell them.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Mark, I do like the Heljan class 33s, with a little bit of work they come up really well.

I have finished weathering up some more Grampus and Seacows so will post a pic or two over the weekend.

Meanwhile 20121 & 20169 (normally a class 25 turn) sit in the freight loop having arrived on the 7D30 Crewe - Penmaenmawr empty ballast. I took some pics of the Dogfish, should help Dave when he comes to do his for Waverley West. :D

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-082586300 1286540490_thumb.jpg

post-7022-003558900 1286540632_thumb.jpg

post-7022-094103100 1286540766_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Peter, tell me this, how am I supposed to concentrate on one project (i.e. my InterCity HST) when you keep coming along and giving me idea after idea... hmmm?

Seriously though, love the weathering on the dogfish. Hope I can produce a similar effect and reproduce that photo.

Cheers,

Dave

Peter, tell me this, how am I supposed to concentrate on one project (i.e. my InterCity HST) when you keep coming along and giving me idea after idea... hmmm?

Seriously though, love the weathering on the dogfish. Hope I can produce a similar effect and reproduce that photo.

Cheers,

Dave

:D :D Just thought I would give you some ideas for your next project.;)

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete, I have decided to go with kadee couplings and am wondering how you have gone about fitting the couplings through 3 peice Ploughs? just been looking throug the topic and there is a pic of your 25 but can't make out how it is done? Thanks in advance Phil

Hi Pete, I have decided to go with kadee couplings and am wondering how you have gone about fitting the couplings through 3 peice Ploughs? just been looking throug the topic and there is a pic of your 25 but can't make out how it is done? Thanks in advance Phil

Hi Phil,

The hardest part is making sure you get the coupler the right hight. But basically I carefull drill two small holes then file them out until there is a small slot to push the Kadee through I use number 18, 19 or 20. I then use plasticard at the back of the ploughto give the kadee something to stick to, nothing to Hi Tech. Hopefully the pic of the class 20 will show you what I mean. The class 25 was done the same way.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-015323600 1286972489_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally got around to taking a few pics of the finished Grampus wagons and Seacows and Sealion, 47613 also made it's first run on the layout seen here arriving on the Irish Mail, I am not sure if the train carried the headboard during the 80's for any special reason, but I am sure I have seen a pic somewhere.

The grey and yellow Grampus are weathered Dapol models the other two are both Parkside kits the one nearest the camara is the most recent kit the other is the old kit which I have converted from unfitted to fitted. Had I done some better reserch I could have gotten away with doing less work and have the wagon as just a through piped vehicle.:rolleyes:

The grey and yellow Seacows are weathered Hornby and one Bachmann which I have back dated with Modelmaster and Presfix transfers the Sealion is a weathered Bachmann model, with improved safety mesh over the walkway.

The last pic shows a busy stabling point with 47535 about to move off to work the Irish Mail forward the 31 is spare and the 08 is having a rest from station pilot duties.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-040596900 1287886648_thumb.jpg

post-7022-081093700 1287886842_thumb.jpg

post-7022-058686200 1287887016_thumb.jpg

post-7022-021698900 1287887222_thumb.jpg

post-7022-069753100 1287887385_thumb.jpg

post-7022-091613100 1287887507_thumb.jpg

post-7022-047952500 1287887662_thumb.jpg

post-7022-074780500 1287887780_thumb.jpg

post-7022-022511700 1287887895_thumb.jpg

post-7022-075443100 1287888061_thumb.jpg

• Like 5