Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter

The ballast wagons really look good. Just going back to the road vehicles again. That Leyland National behind the signal box needs the fleetname removing from the rear end, they never carried them (EFE guessing again) Nail varnish remover on a cotton bud works for me.

Cheers Merfyn (With my Crosville hat on this time)

• RMweb Premium

If I hadn't been and seen the layout for myself I'd be posting comments about images of the real thing B) . The "Irish Mail" under the bridge had me looking twice. As always you show excellent workmanship and photographic skills.

One point of contention. I seem to recall that some early Leyland Nationals in at least some fleets actually did have a rear fleetname though possibly not as prominent as on your model and it certainly wasn't the norm across NBC.

Hi Rob, I am quite pleased with the Grampus the Dapol wagons have come up really well, The Signal Box have them on special, so I have ordered another one and another Parkside kit, they go together really well.

Thanks Matt, I sold my Lima one a few months ago but I keeped the nameplates for my Bachmann model, I have another one on the workbench as we speak, it will be 47515. I really should try and do a few Crewe based 47s now.

Hi Dave, No worries I am in no hurry so take your time. Nice article in the Hornby mag bye the way, Widnes has certainly come along way since I used to watch your progress via the Wirral finescale club website.

Signalbox oh yes forgot about that. :lol:

Hi Merf, I do remember talking buses a few pages back but I haven't done anything about them yet, I will have a look at the Leyland National SRman posted a pic of improvments he did on his. I also need to look for a few short wheel base ones too.

Hi Rick, Thanks for that, I did have some drama's with the first lot of pics I took this morning, but I am much happier with these ones.

Cheers Peter.

One point of contention. I seem to recall that some early Leyland Nationals in at least some fleets actually did have a rear fleetname though possibly not as prominent as on your model and it certainly wasn't the norm across NBC.

Yes quite correct, Crosville's first National, and the only one not delivered in NBC livery had one in that position, but no others. I suspect EFE copied it from a B&W photo of SNL801.

Merfyn.

• RMweb Premium

Wow, Llanbourne still fascinates me Peter. Really do enjoying reading your latest posts also viewing the pictures.......Fantastic, really inspirational

Keep up the good work. Anthony

Wow, Llanbourne still fascinates me Peter. Really do enjoying reading your latest posts also viewing the pictures.......Fantastic, really inspirational

Keep up the good work. Anthony

Thanks Anthony, :D

Cheers Peter.

Looking good Peter. Nice pictures.

How did you go with the layout tour on Monday?

Did you get the day off work?

cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil,

I managed to get half the day off so was home by 12.40 had 12 people turn up in all, first lot arrived about 1.30 and the last left about 6.00 all had a good time and the layout ran without any problems, as it normally does.:D

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-063911600 1288007526_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Neil,

I managed to get half the day off so was home by 12.40 had 12 people turn up in all, first lot arrived about 1.30 and the last left about 6.00 all had a good time and the layout ran without any problems, as it normally does.:D

Cheers Peter.

Damn I missed another trip around the layout!!!! Need to get myself organised and look at spending less money on new trains, My class 105 just arrived today and its a lovely little unit,

Gary in Tas

Hi Peter,

Those weathered wagons look really good, I have a rake of weathered Hornby models and to date I have only tweaked the Shark brake in the middle of the set. Looking at your weathering has given me some inspiration for when I finally get around to doing my stock up. I like the Irish Mail arriving and the slightly open door on the 31 really adds some life to the scene as well!

Keep up the good work

Thanks,

Mark

Damn I missed another trip around the layout!!!! Need to get myself organised and look at spending less money on new trains, My class 105 just arrived today and its a lovely little unit,

Gary in Tas

Hi Gary,

Just let me know when you are comming over and we could sort out a visit,:D I had a quick look at a green 105 the other day, certainly looked pretty good to me. I pressume you got the blue one.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Those weathered wagons look really good, I have a rake of weathered Hornby models and to date I have only tweaked the Shark brake in the middle of the set. Looking at your weathering has given me some inspiration for when I finally get around to doing my stock up. I like the Irish Mail arriving and the slightly open door on the 31 really adds some life to the scene as well!

Keep up the good work

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks mate, I have a few more Sealions and Grampus to do but I am happy with them so far, I should be working on the layout but felt like doing some wagons. :rolleyes: I have a few loco's with doors open but the Hornby class 31 was easy to do as it comes with opening doors.:D

Cheers Peter.

Hi Gary,

Just let me know when you are comming over and we could sort out a visit,:D I had a quick look at a green 105 the other day, certainly looked pretty good to me. I pressume you got the blue one.

Cheers Peter.

Yeah got a blue one from Hereford Model Centre, Superb service, They even tested it before posting and it took about 12 days to arrive down to Tassie!!!! Really nice model just looks to clean!!! Has anyone ever seen one in real life clean?

I need to do a trip to Melbourne just getting round to it and planning with the little one.

Gary

Lovely weathering on the Sealions and Grampus wagons, they really do look good.

The Peak looks good stabled next to 47535, hopefully it might get sent to Boxenby at some point, think it would look right at home inside the shed. Although once there might never be allowed to venture further a field again! :D

Yeah got a blue one from Hereford Model Centre, Superb service, They even tested it before posting and it took about 12 days to arrive down to Tassie!!!! Really nice model just looks to clean!!! Has anyone ever seen one in real life clean?

I need to do a trip to Melbourne just getting round to it and planning with the little one.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I have a pic of a 105 at Sheffield that dosn't look to bad, just weathering the underframe and run a bit of dark brown in the door recesses, I did my 108s and it looks ok.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-064617900 1288266746_thumb.jpg

post-7022-081210700 1288266871_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Lovely weathering on the Sealions and Grampus wagons, they really do look good.

The Peak looks good stabled next to 47535, hopefully it might get sent to Boxenby at some point, think it would look right at home inside the shed. Although once there might never be allowed to venture further a field again! :D

Thanks Grimley,

I am pretty happy with the wagons, back working on another class 47 now.:D I think I would have to send you all my Peaks to make Boxenby look even half full. It's looking good bye the way. I will look even better when its full of blue locos.;)

Cheers Peter.

Peter

The 108 looks great clean but dirty just the ticket.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I think what some people forget is coaches and units go trough a washer quite regularly so the underframes and roof get more grubby than the sides. I got into trouble once for sending the VOSE Pullman set through the washer at EH, but thats another story.:D

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Andy & Rick,

Here are a couple more that show the point rodding, I am pretty sure I have posted these before so sorry if you have already seen them.;)

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-073150400 1288513309_thumb.jpg

post-7022-025084400 1288513699_thumb.jpg

post-7022-042290200 1288514154_thumb.jpg

• Like 7