RMweb

The Night Mail

21 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Would that be the same High Court Judge that declared tinned baked beanz and curly fries illegal substances????

Just don't ask him what he's wearing beneath his robes, well not before 9 pm that's GMT by the way

• Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Would that be the same High Court Judge that declared tinned baked beanz and curly fries illegal substances????

No, he’s been Sectioned and declared unfit to hold office….

• Funny 9

1 hour ago, polybear said:

No, he’s been Sectioned and declared unfit to hold office….

Only cos he didn't ban frozen pizza at the same time...

A "shockingly neglectful oversight" said CPS maestro KS.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

The world has gone nuts. Why has it gone nuts you ask ( waiting for you say something.........) . So this morning I'm driving along a fairly busy stretch of road in Manutopea and what do I find well the muppets- other terms are available have decided at midday to close one of lanes as they want to put up a telegraph pole. The fact that this means no one can turn right without stopping all the traffic, or that no one can get into a petrol station doesn't seem to have occurred to them. I give up I really, really do. We are all dooooomed.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

dooooomed.

Two of the three routes out of Benfleet were scheduled to be closed or significantly restricted over the last two weeks. Fortunately the local council managed to persuade the people digging up the A13 to delay until today. If the nearby boot sale runs this weekend there is not a lot of point going anywhere.  

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

The world has gone nuts. Why has it gone nuts you ask ( waiting for you say something.........) . So this morning I'm driving along a fairly busy stretch of road in Manutopea and what do I find well the muppets- other terms are available have decided at midday to close one of lanes as they want to put up a telegraph pole. The fact that this means no one can turn right without stopping all the traffic, or that no one can get into a petrol station doesn't seem to have occurred to them. I give up I really, really do. We are all dooooomed.

56 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Two of the three routes out of Benfleet were scheduled to be closed or significantly restricted over the last two weeks. Fortunately the local council managed to persuade the people digging up the A13 to delay until today. If the nearby boot sale runs this weekend there is not a lot of point going anywhere.  

That sounds just like where I live.  The railway is reopening to passengers so the main road has traffic lights where they are building a bridge to replace the level crossing.  The level crossing also has part time temporary lights.  On average it adds up to 15 minutes to each journey.

The road avoiding all this also has a level crossing - which is about to close the road for 2 weeks so thay can build a footbridge.  The same road has also 2 sets of temporary lights for the water company.  The two roads meet just outside town to form one road, which also has roadworks.

On the north side of town a third level crossing is still closed, this week the main road nearby flooded and was closed, it also has roadworks.

The third road only has minor road works at the access to a housing estate.  There are only three roads into town.

It is easier to stay at home.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

a penetration of the Swansea area via Hereford and Brecon.

That just HAS to be a euphemism for something.......

• Agree 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Sometimes I prefer olive green or improved Engine Green on locomotives that have HR or their sides

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Today I managed to walk 3/4 mile. I realise that this will probably not get into the Guinness Book of Records but its been a while since I could achieve it so for me it' a big deal. Next week a marathon.

Dave

It was the Trayne Klubb biscuit that did it for you.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Today I managed to walk 3/4 mile. I realise that this will probably not get into the Guinness Book of Records but its been a while since I could achieve it so for me it' a big deal. Next week a marathon.

Dave

They're called Snickers nowadays. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

Mrs SM42 has left a pair of scissors on a chair. 

To make the situation safe she has moved them to the sofa.  🤔

Andy

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 minutes ago, SM42 said:

They're called Snickers nowadays. 

Andy

What DH means is that someone will precede him carrying one as an encouragement...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I have this site on my laptop.

https://www.essexhighways.org/interactive-maps-and-live-travel-information/live-traffic-map

• Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Andy

Did she say that she doesn't want any more kids?

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SM42 said:

Andy

Were they there to open all her birthday presents?

• Funny 8

On 10/04/2024 at 23:31, iL Dottore said:

I am glad to read that Mrs br2975 was seen with speed and efficiency.

However, I would like to comment that given a choice between a doctor with a curt and abrupt bedside manner with outstanding clinical skills and expertise and a doctor with a smooth and reassuring bedside manner and so-so clinical skills and expertise, I’d take Dr Grumpy any day.

Many decades ago, when I was working in the hospital, I noted that some of the very best clinicians were those with the poorest bedside manners. One neurosurgeon in particular had a hair trigger temper in the operating theatre (things had to be “just so” and he did NOT tolerate any sloppiness in technique) and was brutally blunt with the patients (along the lines of “I’ll remove the tumour but you’ll be permanently impaired”j and yet he was the neurosurgeon of choice for incredibly complex procedures.

Thinking about the above, I wonder how much was an act?

The surgeon who did my recently cataract op was excellent. MrsID joined me on the follow-up visit with him. She concluded he had had his personality surgically removed.

• Funny 16

20 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Are you missing the bottom cab step or is it an optical illusion?

That's a very nice yucca Neil. A lovely shade of green. That yellow thingy really makes the green stand out.

• Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

That's a very nice yucca Neil. A lovely shade of green. That yellow thingy really makes the green stand out.

Yellow?  I'd call it Babypoo brown.

• Funny 12