Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

I like the stonework on that goods shed, very realistic.

not my work, I fear, a ready to plonk Bachmann or Hornby, or some such product

• Informative/Useful 2

On 01/05/2023 at 21:06, bmthtrains - David said:

My contribution to this thread from today’s running. A (hopefully) realistic slice of the WCML in N.

David

Scene2.jpeg.3a3c7bd119ac9ba82cebc09451d4483f.jpeg

It is interesting so see that people are lauding TT120 for having 'more heft' than N. But i think this is an example of the real strength of N, the ability to create 'panoramic realism'. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Green 4-Cep 7126 shows streaks of rust from the window frames as was often seen on these units. 

IMG_3267.jpeg.608806b5e347a918f676115df5badca0.jpeg

There's an echo in here, you posted this on Monday! Page 183. 😁 Still excellent modelling though.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

There's an echo in here, you posted this on Monday! Page 183. 😁 Still excellent modelling though.

As you say.  I posted this on Monday.  I have no idea why it has reposted.  I haven't even been into the site until now.  

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Green 4-Cep 7126 shows streaks of rust from the window frames as was often seen on these units. 

You are correect.

If I recall, the CEPs had problems with the sealing of the double glazing. The window units often filled with water creating a sort of "goldfish bowl" effect. New glazing units fixed the problem.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, 30368 said:

You are correect.

If I recall, the CEPs had problems with the sealing of the double glazing. The window units often filled with water creating a sort of "goldfish bowl" effect. New glazing units fixed the problem.

Kind regards,

Richard B

The same phenomenon afflicts the class 455s still in everyday use.  I even took a photo of the "goldfish bowl effect" once and added some cartoon fish and other characters to it. I wonder where that went.  Probably in the electronic bin ages ago.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I recall coming back to Cardiff from Kidderminster back in the 90s (guess what I'd gone there for) on a Sunday evening on a 150 which had water half filling my window between the double glazing.  It was fascinating to watch the 'wave machine' effect under braking and under hard accelleration, and a few small fishes would have made it even more wonderful; White Cloud Mountain Minnows would have been ideal...

It helped to distract one's attention from the bus seating, not suitable for a journey of this sort of duration!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

As you say.  I posted this on Monday.  I have no idea why it has reposted.  I haven't even been into the site until now.  

This site gets spookier by the minute.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The end of the road?

image.png.5843c2791ef718c25da8d67c9f67c1d9.png

A class 33 sits in the maintenance yard after pushing two old wagons in for dismantling. Whether the class 33 avoids the attentions of the scrappers and is allowed to leave is looking uncertain.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't give up on the 33 just yet, AndrueC.  It's clearly still in service and needs to be condemned as uneconomic to repair and tendered for scrap, and then towed to the scrappie.  If it's being abandoned there having delivered the wagons, how do the crew get home?  No, it must be worked back to it's home depot first.

Unless it has broken down in this location and cannot be restarted, and is condemned on site, which would require it to be immovable, and I can't envisage what situation would produce that result short of accident damage or serious fire damage.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Unless it has broken down in this location and cannot be restarted, and is condemned on site, which would require it to be immovable, and I can't envisage what situation would produce that result short of accident damage or serious fire damage.

I suppose it might be tempting to get careless with a cigarette or kick a wire loose but behind the loco is a fuel station so that might cause more trouble than it's worth :)

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Bug identified.  

The text of the first post and the image embedded within it remained in the site editor rather than clearing as is normal.  Had I scrolled down and seen that I would have cleared it using the button provided.  

Instead I probably just hit "Enter" to go to where ever I thought I was going and the post was re-posted from the reply window.  

Technology, eh?  At least the site has been reasonably stable for some time now.  

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 25/04/2023 at 10:10, C126 said:

I would like to see a track-level shot of this, in the same lighting conditions.  If you have time/inclination, any chance of a view from the 'crew room'(?) by the bridge entrance we see on the right of the above picture?  Thanks.  Sorry to turn this thread into a 'Request Show'. :)

Ive got working progress thread in layout builds if you look on there lots of pics and videos😀

• Thanks 1