Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Show us yours - Realistic modelling

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PjKing1 said:

Hope this is ok to post as it’s missing the rest of the loco but the body will follow!

Class 40 bogie sides, looking rather worn, dirty and oily

IMG_7911.jpeg.37e0bf8d87a1a57c089a2974fae4c042.jpeg
IMG_7919.jpeg.1621ccfb277d5ca874cda59feba4bd6f.jpeg

IMG_7918.jpeg.3d02a45a86be42d9a4bd676a7ca616b4.jpeg

IMG_7917.jpeg.5be88f25fea6330dae77b1e469e38ba1.jpeg

Paul

On the basis that it should look as if you need swarfega after you handle, job’s a good’un, Paul!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

On the basis that it should look as if you need swarfega after you handle, job’s a good’un, Paul!

I know that mineral oil and plastic don’t mix - something I found out in my Triang days . Is diesel safe in plastic?

On 27/09/2023 at 14:29, PjKing1 said:

Thanks very much, I’ve painted the bogies with acrylic matt black then added various weathering powders, then the oil effect was added using a method I’ve not tried before on a loco.  This is then sealed with matt varnish then some areas have more paint added along with more powders all over and into the oily areas then once again sealed with the matt varnish.  Oil affect is actually diesel oil mixed with black powder.

Thanks again 

Paul

That must smell a bit??!! At least it'd be an authentic smell...!! 

• Like 1