The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, TheEngineShed said:

Lizzy Kitten and Tropical Storm Ophelia, not a hurricane, thankfully.  The first snap is a bit fuzzy, it is windy out there...

1000002175-01.jpeg

Missed us completely, not even any rain showers. Another beautiful cat on RMweb! BTW, I also noticed the outlet on your wall, I have the same style here but in a single.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

He'll soon learn to put them in their place.  That's what his fingernails are for.

I think they know it already! Whiskers and Lewis were sharing Arran's bed yesterday, tail to tail.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Geronimo looks like a big old street Tom. Give him a home and neuter him if he’s not already done and he will settle into being the softest lap cat you ever met. 

At least that’s what happened with my old Captain, gorgeous old big hairy brick! 

Andi

• Like 7

On 19/09/2023 at 12:03, Johann Marsbar said:

Strange places to sleep - Part 11 - The Buffer stops.................

7-1641.JPG.c48b45e347602d3e1afb6b04ed44b211.JPG

The wrong colour, but I'll say it anyway.   Skimbleshanks the railway cat.

• Like 2

Geronimo looks like a big old street Tom. Give him a home and neuter him if he’s not already done and he will settle into being the softest lap cat you ever met. 

At least that’s what happened with my old Captain, gorgeous old big hairy brick! 

Andi

It's in programme.

Since there is also Sofia to do, we are waiting for the right moment.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

14 hours ago, Dagworth said:

Happy seventeenth birthday to my beautiful Pandora. 

IMG_1163.jpeg.37a962f721520066c07a0c2651c7deaf.jpeg

Ooo! Another Calico Cat... Trixie was 6 yesterday, obviously a good date for calicos!

TvblScB.jpg

Edited by Hobby
  • Like 16
  • Round of applause 1

Puppy Alex departed for his furever home yesterday. He is going to live in Belgium!

We are all feeling the hole in our lives, especially his brother Spot, but to make up for it three beautiful kittens appeared this morning. they stopped in front of our gate and then came in to be greeted by Geronimo. They were followed by Felicity - presumably their mum. The friendly reception of all four suggests he's their Dad.

The kitties are quite friendly and look well cared for which suggests another home somewhere. The food disappeared quite quickly though. Geronimo kept being pushed away and resorted to paw cuffs, but with no sign of claws, lending further support to the dad theory. They must be 12 weeks old from my calculations.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 2

The 'presents'  had stopped for a while, but we have recently had a whole mouse, a whole rat, and two gecko heads (yeech!).

The kittens have now settled in on the front terrace with Geronimo. it looks like we have four more feline additions to the family! My daughter came back home lunch time and reported having just seen a vulture. I went up the road to look, but it had already gone. On turning back, I saw that I had three kittens trailing after me. (They had already been fed!) This mission was terminated as soon as I headed back home. Their portion of of the lunchtime chicken made me even more popular! They are not at all worried by the dogs, not even puppy Spot who is rather bouncy and boisterous. We are told he is mainly smooth haired segugio (as are his siblings and the dog we suspect is their dad). His mum is wire haired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segugio_Italiano#Character

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

29 minutes ago, JZ said:

378186560_3791889834366160_8602050367121192412_n.jpg.9735d632332be808f9011e50976b81c4.jpg

I don't know what I dislike more, the fact someone smeared something on some pictures that a cat liked the smell of for social meeja likes and to make themselves look clever...or they think cats, and I can be easily fooled. Oxygen thief.

C6T.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Next doors cat on our sofa. We have to keep the door into the garden closed otherwise he will do this and some mornings he's bolted in through the door as I open it to head to the shed. Last time he went straight upstairs and jumped onto my other half who was asleep in bed.

He soon moved off the sofa whrn my other half got the ironing board out.

IMG-20231011-WA0000.jpg

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1