The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
On 12/04/2024 at 06:40, Sidecar Racer said:

image.png.5c87eacb13870c4b70e6ca149279efb7.png

'Tis ok to introduce a cat to a household with dogs but it rarely works the other way. Imagine; "putting the managing director back on the shop floor" sort of deal!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

We put a cavapoo pup into the middle of 5 indoor cats.

They get on great.

One of the cats & the dog are the best of friends. The rest of the cats don't bother with dog.

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I'm currently attempting to clear the junk out of the railway room...the former lounge that started to look like a refuge for Miss Haversham's unfinished Parkside Dundas kits and aborted layout detritus...

Mia was most interested in my rummaging, more than likely because although I've not (yet) found the decomposed corpse of any of her rodent captives brought in from the garden, their occupation in the space whilst still alive is apparent.

C6T.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

4 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Up in one of my apple trees, he was biting off the flower buds, just for fun (or to annoy me, perhaps). Maybe I could train him to thin out the apples later in the year...?

I have a plum tree that suffers from wood pigeons eating the flowers.  We don't let the cats out because of the busy main road nearby, and it seems you're confirming that letting them out to chase the pigeons away would be rather pointless anyway.

So if I want fruit this year, I'm going to have to buy a 12-bore.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I have a plum tree that suffers from wood pigeons eating the flowers.  We don't let the cats out because of the busy main road nearby, and it seems you're confirming that letting them out to chase the pigeons away would be rather pointless anyway.

So if I want fruit this year, I'm going to have to buy a 12-bore.

That will only do more damage to the tree than the pigeons .   😎

• Agree 1