Greenwood Model Products 65ft GWR Turntable

Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, two tone green said:

Just incase you have forgotten what they look like. 

The one on the right is a spare as well as the indexing motor to go with it. 

Happy Xmas

F63D01E8-BAEE-4017-896C-97CDC925B6F0.jpeg

Thats exactly what I need. I have found the keypad on-line as a component, but not taken it apart yet to see what else I would need.

• RMweb Premium

Delivery update:

It seems at last that we might actually be getting somewhere.

Yesterday I had another email from UPS, where again it appeared they were asking for the same information.

To cut a very long story short, I emailed Mike Green as I was confused and asked him if he could throw any light on it. He responded and included details of UPS in the UK where he has been corresponding with them and in turn they are emailing UPS here in Spain.

Eventually today, after another confusing email from UPS Spain I replied (including UPS UK into my response) adding that I wanted the complaints procedure. UPS Spain responded and finally cut through their technical jargon..... it turns out that the export from the UK is missing vital paperwork... called the Export DUA... so instead of chasing me for paperwork they should have been chasing Mike Green.

If only the paperwork had been correct to start with, if only UPS had been more specific...

• Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Thats exactly what I need. I have found the keypad on-line as a component, but not taken it apart yet to see what else I would need.

I could open it up and have a look but I know the chips in there would need programming to match the motor / indexing unit. So it’s not quite so easy as it may seem. 

• Thanks 1

There are differences between the two which is down to programming. I could not use the spare as such with the newer drive unit. I would have to change the drive unit as well. 
I am lucky I have the drive unit to do this. 

Edited by two tone green

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, two tone green said:

I could open it up and have a look but I know the chips in there would need programming to match the motor / indexing unit. So it’s not quite so easy as it may seem. 

Are the drive units specific to Greenwood, or are they (or similar examples) available on the 'net?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, two tone green said:

Thats a nuisance, but hopefully I will have the correct one soon....

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

2022 update

Still no definitive news from UPS, despite the UK and Spanish offices included in emails.

The UK, says the paperwork is complete, yet Spain says it’s not.

I’ve repeated my request for the complaints procedure, which elicited 3 responses today. Hopefully someone will get to grips with it. But overall the responses were not good.

Despite assurances from Mike Green ages ago, the parcel most definitely has not been authorised for release.

Madness - my expensive paperweight is getting dusty by now.

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

2022 update

Madness - my expensive paperweight is getting dusty by now.

Neal

I feel for you........ It's hard but stay positive..:good:

By the time UPS sort out the issues I think diesel locomotives will become the norm so you won't need a turntable :nono: 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, two tone green said:

It’s got to be there by now :scratchhead:

Not yet!

Ive now had to sign a new declaration and I’m hopeful that will be sufficient to get it through.

The issue now is that when I sent it back by UPS I put a replacement value of £10. Spanish customs couldn’t understand why it’s now got a value of £0.

I sent the declaration over on Tuesday and hope that will be sufficient.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Presumably though if UPS had lost it then then most compo you'd get would be a tenner?

edit:  Did Greenwood put a "£0" value on it for return?  Hopefully that doesn't mean the "fixed" item is worth less now than went you sent it to them?  Worrying.....:jester:

Edited by polybear

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, polybear said:

Presumably though if UPS had lost it then then most compo you'd get would be a tenner?

edit:  Did Greenwood put a "£0" value on it for return?  Hopefully that doesn't mean the "fixed" item is worth less now than went you sent it to them?  Worrying.....:jester:

Ages ago I ordered some bits from the USA and as the order was over a certain value I got some items free of charge. When the parcel arrived in Spain, DHL told me that Spanish customs struggle to deal with a freebie! (We had to declare €1 value for the free items!) But at least DHL telephoned me and explained it.

As this item has not been bought, the fact that I “exported” it to the UK, they expect me to produce an invoice. Added to which they can’t then comprehend why it’s now got a zero value. I’ve tried to say the £10 value was only in case it got lost…. But that doesn’t wash.

Clearly we have now moved beyond issues with the paperwork produced in the UK by Greenwood.

Another issue is that UPS won’t escalate it under their official complaints  procedure. Any such requests get ignored, which for a multinational company is awful.

Im hanging in there and hope it gets through soon….

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Good news!

My parcel is being released from customs….. there is a duty bill of €12.53 to pay.

Quite how they have come up with this fee, I don’t know. But at least the news is positive and I will get the parcel soon.

For a warranty return it was sent back to Greenwood on 21st October last year - 3 months ago.

Its not out for delivery today, but hopefully it will be here soon - let’s just hope it works.

• Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Good news!

My parcel is being released from customs….. there is a duty bill of €12.53 to pay.

Quite how they have come up with this fee, I don’t know. But at least the news is positive and I will get the parcel soon.

For a warranty return it was sent back to Greenwood on 21st October last year - 3 months ago.

Its not out for delivery today, but hopefully it will be here soon - let’s just hope it works.

I just hope it's not damaged.

I might hear the sound of a distant shotgun if it is!

Mike.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I just hope it's not damaged.

I might hear the sound of a distant shotgun if it is!

Mike.

Plug in, turn on, works straight away, turns the TT and allows me to programme the roads…. And then of course remembers the roads as well….

Hopefully that is not too much to ask.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3