Greenwood Model Products 65ft GWR Turntable

Stephen Freeman

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, two tone green said:

Excitement is mounting, it’s the thirteenth tomorrow. ;)

It’s delayed….. in customs.

Ive had an email from UPS to say I just need to wait.

I then had an email from Mike Green as UPS had sent him an email…. He is too busy to deal with it as he is at a show all weekend. I’m not rising to it.

It will be here soon….

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

It will be here soon….

Where's the fingers crossed emoji?

Seriously though, I hope they don't hold on to it for too long.

My mate had similar delay problems but at least he's in England.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

,or for the uninitiated, piled in the corner of a disused storage area at Alicante airport, and if the pile gets too big stuff will be shipped without any IVA or duty applied.

Mike.

13 hours ago, two tone green said:

Ah, Spanish customs, never the same experience twice. :no:

It could be anything…..

I’ve had two messages on the UPS tracking page, neither of which made sense. I had the same last week and they responded with its with the customs office in Madrid…. And we have to wait!

Im waiting….

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I've been in the UK a parcel has arrived at the Correos table in the village ayuntamiento, it has 9€ to pay on it, and if it's what I think it is it's taken a long time to wend it's weary way from the UK and someone is well adrift monetarily.

In Spain ganas algunos, pierdes algunos!

Mike.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

At 18:28 this afternoon, I have had the following email from Greenwood model railway products; specifically from Mike Green.

It has taken me a while to craft a suitable reply to him... one that is sufficiently robust enough and leaves him in no doubt about where I stand...

At this point in time, I still DO NOT HAVE A WORKING TURNTABLE. Despite paying for said product on 6th June this year.

So far, I have contacted Trading Standards for Dorset and also I have emailed @Andy Y as at the time, Greenwood was still advertising on world of railways....

This afternoon I received this: 

551892582_emailfromMike.jpg.02e56d1a66a8b94946f81c8a28bfcca3.jpg

The blocked out section is the tracking number for UPS.

1. He hasn't tried to contact me.

2. I still do not have a working turntable.

3. I fail to see why he thinks he has the right to terminate a contract where he has failed to provide the contracted service.

My response has been robust in the full. Basically I am demanding a full refund.

It just beggars belief.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO USE THIS COMPANY - SAVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF - DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM MIKE GREEN AT GREENWOOD MODEL RAILWAY CO

• Friendly/supportive 8

2 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

At 18:28 this afternoon, I have had the following email from Greenwood model railway products; specifically from Mike Green.

It has taken me a while to craft a suitable reply to him... one that is sufficiently robust enough and leaves him in no doubt about where I stand...

At this point in time, I still DO NOT HAVE A WORKING TURNTABLE. Despite paying for said product on 6th June this year.

So far, I have contacted Trading Standards for Dorset and also I have emailed @Andy Y as at the time, Greenwood was still advertising on world of railways....

This afternoon I received this: 

551892582_emailfromMike.jpg.02e56d1a66a8b94946f81c8a28bfcca3.jpg

The blocked out section is the tracking number for UPS.

1. He hasn't tried to contact me.

2. I still do not have a working turntable.

3. I fail to see why he thinks he has the right to terminate a contract where he has failed to provide the contracted service.

My response has been robust in the full. Basically I am demanding a full refund.

It just beggars belief.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO USE THIS COMPANY - SAVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF - DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM MIKE GREEN AT GREENWOOD MODEL RAILWAY CO

Re 3. He can't as far as I understand.

He  contracted to supply a kit and mechanism to produce a working turntable, but hasn't fulfilled that contract. I suspect he could only cancel the contract by providing a full refund on return of the item(s).

Under the Consumer Rights  Act, the item must be Fit for Purpose, etc..

You have already contacted your TSO, so that should help resolve it. It might be worth seeking the help of Citizens Advice. Another option could be to claim a full refund, postal expenses, etc. through the Small Claims Court.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Unbelievable......the guy just hasn't got a clue.....

I dodged a bullet there - I had an order ready and waiting to be fired off in his direction; fortunately his total lack of response to my emails and phone messages were enough to trigger caution.

I hope you get your refund without too much aggro - though I've a feeling he may not be very willing in that direction if current performance is anything to go by :friends:

edit:  Incidentally, I wonder if the replacement/repaired item is actually in Spain?

Edited by polybear
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Neal - really sorry to hear the latest sorry tale of your involvement in attempting to purchase a usable product from Greenwood.  The bloke is increasingly beginning to sound distinctly dodgy to say the very least.  And also somewhat odd as somebody attempting to sell a product when, in effect, he tells a customer to get lost instead of resolving their problems with his product. Clearly a business for others to avoid if you happen to value your hard earned.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Neal - really sorry to hear the latest sorry tale of your involvement in attempting to purchase a usable product from Greenwood.  The bloke is increasingly beginning to sound distinctly dodgy to say the very least.  And also somewhat odd as somebody attempting to sell a product when, in effect, he tells a customer to get lost instead of resolving their problems with his product. Clearly a business for others to avoid if you happen to value your hard earned.  

Thanks Mike.

Needless to say I’ve not heard from him overnight.

• Friendly/supportive 2

13 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Why not change this thread title to 'DO NOT USE GREENWOOD MODEL RAILWAY COMPANY' ; the thread content would fully justify that?

CJI.

• Agree 2

I've read this thread from time to time with mounting dismay.  A good while ago I enquired about buying a 4mm = 1ft kit for a 70ft Cowans Sheldon turntable.  This was due to the complete failure of the Metalsmith/Midland Railway Centre to release their kit.  In my email interchange with Mr Greenwood he revealed that was planning to re-do that particular kit.  As I had purchased all the relevant drawings from Carlisle where the Cowans Sheldon drawings are archived, I offered him copies to assist him.  These were duly dispatched to him and after a while I asked if I could see a photo of the revised product so I could finalise my purchase.

Nobody reading this thread will be surprised to learn that I didn't receive a photo of the updated kit.

Stan

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Stanley Melrose said:

I've read this thread from time to time with mounting dismay.  A good while ago I enquired about buying a 4mm = 1ft kit for a 70ft Cowans Sheldon turntable.  This was due to the complete failure of the Metalsmith/Midland Railway Centre to release their kit.  In my email interchange with Mr Greenwood he revealed that was planning to re-do that particular kit.  As I had purchased all the relevant drawings from Carlisle where the Cowans Sheldon drawings are archived, I offered him copies to assist him.  These were duly dispatched to him and after a while I asked if I could see a photo of the revised product so I could finalise my purchase.

Nobody reading this thread will be surprised to learn that I didn't receive a photo of the updated kit.

Stan

Sorry to hear that Stan, I hope the drawings you provided were copies, not your originals.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Can the thread title be changed please @AY Mod @Phil Parker @Stephen Freeman Thanks.

Leave it as it is for now please. I have made a call to Mike Green and left a message and I hope I get a reply. I would hope he can offer some kind of solution and, on that basis, can we avoid anything too inflammatory at this point?

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1