Greenwood Model Products 65ft GWR Turntable

Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

I hope that it's delivered soon and in full and proper order.  I think the whole fiasco has dragged on far too long and the level of service from Greenwood has been severely lacking.  I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Perhaps a little too much time is being spent on this venture?

https://greenwoodandpring.co.uk

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

I hope that it's delivered soon and in full and proper order.  I think the whole fiasco has dragged on far too long and the level of service from Greenwood has been severely lacking.  I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Agreed

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, polybear said:

Perhaps a little too much time is being spent on this venture?

https://greenwoodandpring.co.uk

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, going by the current standard of service, especially if someone ends up with a duff one. Fortunately I model the GW so no need for Pullman cars.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

You wont be surprised given my experience with Mike Green at Greenwood Model Railway Products that when I sent him an email yesterday morning (Monday 17th January 2022 at 08:25) I didn't get the courtesy of a reply.

The email stated that I had just paid the duty bill and that it was 3 months since the faulty part had been returned to him, closing with the line "Having waited so long, I hope it works"

It was polite, which after this length of time is something.

He couldn't even be bothered to say "Good luck" or even "Get lost"

It would be very satisfying to stand in front of his stand at Warley or some other venue.... not saying who I am initially, until a potential customer comes up to browse products and telling them the story. "I wouldn't buy from this joker, his customer service is awful"

That would be very satisfying, if I am not at his next exhibition, should anyone else on RMWeb wish to do that for me, please feel free.

However, I do have good news.... at 06:30 the parcel arrived at Alicante airport... and now it it showing that it is out for delivery this morning. Wish me luck.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Excellent news.

If my Rails Kerosene Castle turns up with it Neal, please forward it on, it's been MIA since November, although Correos is the culprit it could be anywhere!

Mike.

Sorry that it hasn't arrived yet Mike.

Strangely, I found the tracking system with Correos much better then UPS. At least with Correos you can load details direct onto their website and can see progress.

Good luck with 18000 - Did Rails send a replacement?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Sorry that it hasn't arrived yet Mike.

Strangely, I found the tracking system with Correos much better then UPS. At least with Correos you can load details direct onto their website and can see progress.

Good luck with 18000 - Did Rails send a replacement?

Rails and I are still in the email and chase it round stage, it's not actually appeared anywhere!

Mike.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Its done!

I have made two videos which are now on Youtube... I am still of the view that i would not recommend this product - 8 pages of me moaning about the faulty goods and rubbish dervish, hopefully is enough to convince anyone.

The first video, is my unboxing special... I've never done this type of video before, indeed, never actually spoken on any of my RMWeb posts.

Hope you enjoy and find it useful and informative.

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

Great videos and great to see it works as expected. 

Does your turntable deck have one or two grub screws to hold it to the drive shaft. 
Make sure they are tight and aligned with the indentations on the drive shaft as the deck can slip otherwise and throw out the indexing. 

Have fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Great video Neal and it's nice to see that it has finally arrived and operational.

Even the driver of the Grange was in such a hurry to get on the turntable that he failed to obey the home signal on video 2 at 2:09 :D

Glad it's worked out after all this time.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1