Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

It is with quite a degree of frustration that I have watched my two Victory tanks being in transit from the UK. They left on the 27th and as of 5 minutes ago they are still "somewhere"

Obviously, one can imagine my surprise to arrive home and find them on my doorstep!  I have had a quick look and they look very nice indeed. 

Well done on a great model, hopefully there are more to follow.

Regards,

Craig W

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 02/06/2023 at 12:55, Craigw said:

It is with quite a degree of frustration that I have watched my two Victory tanks being in transit from the UK. They left on the 27th and as of 5 minutes ago they are still "somewhere"

Obviously, one can imagine my surprise to arrive home and find them on my doorstep!  I have had a quick look and they look very nice indeed. 

Well done on a great model, hopefully there are more to follow.

Regards,

Craig W

Planning on converting them, then, Craig?

56 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Planning on converting them, then, Craig?

I certainly am. When I get off my current panzer distraction I plan on pulling one apart to have a look. I have been put off Rapido by your observations, hopefully these will be possible.

Craig W

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just wow. Probably not much I can say that hasn't been said before, it's just a very, very nice model. Runs good, feels good and it looks so handsome running around with a couple of wagons. The built in sound is also very impressive. Really glad to have bought it.

DSCF0382-Copy.JPG.99a694f0deaaf5e98236dc5c09b0e860.JPG

Edited by Treinenliefde
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

They are very good, unfortunately disaster struck earlier this week for my model, buffer has gone missing completely now, so couldn’t run it at our club open weekend. 
Will it stop me buying another, no, does it bug slightly, yes, but all minor issues really.

I do still believe this is the best Industrial 0-6-0 on the market and shall be sticking firm in the belief.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Love these engines !Sound is so impressive  so good I had to get a black one as well.superb weathering & Crew by  ~James .Newdegate  plates in honour  of my Dad who worked there look so good on coal wagons!

IMG_8440.jpeg

Edited by Davidjsmith
Spelling
  • Like 9

Thank you David - and all who continue to sing the praises of their models. It certainly has made the whole experience more worthwhile! Things are moving along slowly in the background on new stuff, but we're not in a position to share anymore yet. In the meantime, all liveries are still available from Light Railway Stores: https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/collections/planet-industrials

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

Thank you David - and all who continue to sing the praises of their models. It certainly has made the whole experience more worthwhile! Things are moving along slowly in the background on new stuff, but we're not in a position to share anymore yet. In the meantime, all liveries are still available from Light Railway Stores: https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/collections/planet-industrials

Is there any news on ADR numberplates for the Victory?

13 hours ago, James Hilton said:

I know Steve had prototypes done for these and the Rothervale ones, not sure where he was up to with production sets I’m afraid. 

waiting still on the rothervale ones myself, hopefully not too long, all i need to complete what is a brilliant locomotive

On 03/07/2023 at 21:19, gpplumy said:

waiting still on the rothervale ones myself, hopefully not too long, all i need to complete what is a brilliant locomotive

I too am waiting on the Rothervale plates, James has said "It is likely to be a few weeks before the plates are ready - we will make sure we announce the fact on RMweb as well as our Facebook page".

There is a good photo of "Rothervale No. 8" on Flickr, shows the name/number plate very well but the livery is just "colliery grey"!  I have ordered the maroon version as a lot of the NCB locos in the West Riding area were painted in this colour in the late 60`s.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Picked up a used plain black victory from @Mike at C&M this morning, DCC fitted, doesn’t look to have been run though, need to decide now whether to sell on my waterways livery one to make room for it in the display case, or just buy a bigger display case! 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Further inspection of the loco would suggest it’s possibly sound fitted 

4261A7B6-4A43-41F5-B355-4EA92C983F4E.jpeg.e75d705471eb928152b52ee4884f4764.jpeg

paperwork says it’s got sound, various functions listed work such as F2 being the brake and 1/2 speed etc 

D195CC5F-469B-4451-A466-E4C6FD1E4283.jpeg.05b60216ae73484a50712f2bfe9b6495.jpeg

When I first put it in the track it was creeping along until I turned off F20 shunt mode and it sped up but weirdly it then made a sound like the draincocks being opened, It then also gave a whistle but I’ve not been able to get any more sounds out of it since!

took the body off to see what the chip looked like, is this a Zimo sound chip?

A2FA54D7-E1AE-4D9B-B0E3-79A2BDF83178.jpeg.c0dc9ba8d0ba2d6bfa0e11f65f35f71a.jpeg

if it is then basically I can’t get any sound out of it, I’ve set function 1 to latch (sound on/off)  and 27 and 28 to momentary (volume up and down) 

if it’s not a sound chip, how the heck did it make noise earlier on! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Gilbert said:

Its a ZIMO MS580 sound decoder- picture found on Youchoos

MS580-007.jpg

ChrisH

oooh! 

now to work out why the sounds aren’t Working, there’s something there as it made those couple of spurious sounds earlier

• RMweb Gold

Just had a look at the more involved sound pdf on the planet industrials website and it mentioned F20 needing to be disengaged to allow the live volume to be adjusted (the paperwork in the box says F19 though) when I pushed F20 I got the whoosh sound again (vacuum ejector sound) so there’s definitely life in the chip and speaker

one thing I accidentally did was use the lenz to reset the chip in the vain hope it may have cured it but nope, now I’ve lost things like inertia and the brake button function etc, I suppose I’ll have to go into the individual CV’s and re input them one by one to get the chip back to PI optimum settings, can’t believe I did that! 

Edited by big jim

On 06/07/2023 at 19:09, colin55 said:

Here is my loco with it's new nameplates at 'Canley Siding'.   I've been really impressed with the performance and the sound. 

blackbird01.jpg

blackbird02.jpg

I must applaud your choice of name - so much so, I may shamelessly steal it in due course!

If they ever then produce a blue livery version, I could call it “Bluebird” (although there’s no way it would ever win any land speed records!)

Steve S

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

now to work out why the sounds aren’t Working, there’s something there as it made those couple of spurious sounds earlier

I am getting the same problem with my black one at the moment worked fine when I first had the Loco .Was chuffing away the suddenly went silent !Done a factory reset .Somehow lost some of the functions on settings still no sound .Did another reset got function symbols but still no sound .I am ham fisted so not dared to take body off but mine is sound fitted!

• Like 1