Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I am just sooo tempted to get a third one of these, plus the riveted tank etches....

I sure I read somewhere of either 666 or 667 being transferred to somewhere quite rural......

• Funny 2

Just watched James’s video…

🥹

Now I want to buy one to free up their cash to allow them to fund their next project! Plus the GWR etches of course, to modify it into that version!

But that means I’d need to get another in order to paint it into PLA Blue livery (as it appears PI aren’t going to do another batch of locos for a while)…

And then a third to put into a fictitious BR black livery…

OMG - that would bring me up to the record seven examples! 🫢

And that’s resisting the Rails of Sheffield ROD version (which I just don’t happen to like! At all. Bizarre, I know, but there you go. We shunting loco addicts are infamously fickle and illogical in our choice of fix!)

*gnashing of teeth*

*wailing*

*rending of garments*

I have pre-ordered four 0-4-0s shunters elsewhere already that are due after Christmas, not to mention a Ruston & Hornsby 88DS from the local model shop due very soon…

Must …

Resist …

Planet Industrial …

Offer …

For pity’s sake, please fellow RMWeb readers - buy the rest of their stock before I succumb!

Steve S

PS

Just read that the record holder has increased their haul of locos. I’d say that’s a relief, but the devil on my shoulder is whispering that that means I can buy three more and still not be the worst offender for over indulgence with this particular, award-winning and eminently desirable model locomotive!

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Thanks all! Sales continue to exceed my expectations and we're both so greatful to you all - I can't wait to see the photos of them on your layouts. Anyone wavering, don't worry, you've got until end of Thursday to take advantage of this special Christmas gift...

Don't forget the wagons are also in stock, and although LRS don't have any both my books are available from all good bookshops!

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

Thanks all! Sales continue to exceed my expectations and we're both so greatful to you all - I can't wait to see the photos of them on your layouts. Anyone wavering, don't worry, you've got until end of Thursday to take advantage of this special Christmas gift...

Don't forget the wagons are also in stock, and although LRS don't have any both my books are available from all good bookshops!

It's an excellent model with deserved praise James, and now very keenly priced too. I'm sure you'll be out of stock in the next few days. 

Thanks

Paul. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Just watched James’s video…

🥹

Now I want to buy one to free up their cash to allow them to fund their next project! Plus the GWR etches of course, to modify it into that version!

But that means I’d need to get another in order to paint it into PLA Blue livery (as it appears PI aren’t going to do another batch of locos for a while)…

And then a third to put into a fictitious BR black livery…

OMG - that would bring me up to the record seven examples! 🫢

And that’s resisting the Rails of Sheffield ROD version (which I just don’t happen to like! At all. Bizarre, I know, but there you go. We shunting loco addicts are infamously fickle and illogical in our choice of fix!)

*gnashing of teeth*

*wailing*

*rending of garments*

I have pre-ordered four 0-4-0s shunters elsewhere already that are due after Christmas, not to mention a Ruston & Hornsby 88DS from the local model shop due very soon…

Must …

Resist …

Planet Industrial …

Offer …

For pity’s sake, please fellow RMWeb readers - buy the rest of their stock before I succumb!

Steve S

PS

Just read that the record holder has increased their haul of locos. I’d say that’s a relief, but the devil on my shoulder is whispering that that means I can buy three more and still not be the worst offender for over indulgence with this particular, award-winning and eminently desirable model locomotive!

Poor you, there is really very little hope for you?! And I thought I was a hopeless case! 😉😁

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

The problem with buying attractive "Industrials" is that you then need an "Industrial" layout to run them on.  With a Victory*, not only will I have to find a bigger box to store all the locos in, I'll also have to build a more or less generic industrial style layout** to run them on!

*    Yes, I ordered a Black one!

**  Another layout on the project list.  🤪

Edited by Hroth
Minor update.
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Really in several minds where to go with mine. Do I, mindful of those Accurascale Panniers linked to Newport Pill, recreate 666 and subsequently produce a goods only layout based in the Newport area...( as a Cardiffian that is tricky to contemplate....not as bad as modelling somewhere in Swansea though....) or.....do I leave well alone.......or......do I..........

Hell fire!!

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Really in several minds where to go with mine. Do I, mindful of those Accurascale Panniers linked to Newport Pill, recreate 666 and subsequently produce a goods only layout based in the Newport area...( as a Cardiffian that is tricky to contemplate....not as bad as modelling somewhere in Swansea though....) or.....do I leave well alone.......or......do I..........

Hell fire!!

A Victory and some Panniers running around on a freight based layout does sound like very nice idea 👌

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

https://www.planetindustrials.co.uk/victory

The first two locomotives cabs were 4" taller, and this appears above door openings and cab windows from what I can tell. So in 4mm/ft we're talking 1.33mm, which isn't a lot but I think would be noticeable. In our tooling the cab sides, tanks bunker and roof are one moulding. This makes modification difficult (but not impossible).

Strong sales means we're onto the last box of black ones now!

• Like 5