Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

1 minute ago, Rowsley17D said:

The joy of being retired, it could be Christmas every day but then you can have too much of a good thing.

It could be Christmas every day, but then you'd have to put up with that Roy Wood song on an endless loop....:O

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It could be Christmas every day, but then you'd have to put up with that Roy Wood song on an endless loop....:O

The steam illuminations at the Watercress Line has the station PA systems linked to the on-board one this year, so that the entertainment can be carried through. Which meant that it played that song every time a train arrived yesterday...

Merry Christmas to you and Miss R!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Best bit about that song is the raspberry.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ewe and the Memsahib, Rob. 

R

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas Rob and thanks for a very entertaining and informative thread this year. I am hoping that in January work will recommence on building the NMGS and there will be something to look at apart from my "wacky races" rolling stock kit conversions.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Cordial Christmas Felicitations. This afternoon I have been working, relentlessly hacking away several inches of ground, in order to install a weighbridge plate on the layout. Electric rotary and hand tools were used. I am now recovering, having fortified myself with a herbal tea.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Happy Christmas Rob and also LRRH -expert ballaster.

Thank you for your sharing your journey, I’ve learnt lots, but I’ve been lacking drive to apply it of late.

It’s hard to keep up with the speed of traffic here, but you’ve just been upstaged by the Accurascale Manor thread in terms of quantity, just over two photos!

• Thanks 1

I have been going through a dry run with the parts of those Ratio signals and come across a bit of a snag.

Nowhere in the instructions does it mention how to create a drive mechanism for the bracket signals.

There's a number of angled quadrants supplied on the sprues and a pivot hole cast into the brackets, but no information e how to take the drive to ground level.

Has anyone else been here? I've tried a search or two but no luck so far.

IMG_20211221_204717.jpg.95e20bff306b9f9f86c1d4958a261ef8.jpg

The limit of the diagrams.

image lost.

Edited by MrWolf
Technology that fails to deliver
  • Like 1

I had the same problem but I luckily had a book on GW signalling with pictures and drawings.

I have just been up to the layout and taken this picture of my bracket signal.

Hopefully this will help, if not give us a shout and I will see what I can do….

23972C65-F0E7-4C44-A54C-AF7C34F55913.jpeg.8b7a941d10e6c68ca61522a1a5dfc8a0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated, that's pretty much how I thought it might be done, that tubular post signal setup is quite logical. 

I'm going to have an internet search for pictures of the square post type to try and make sense of the pivot positions on the curved brackets, they seem less logical.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I dont know if this is any help

I know there is only one arm but you can see how it crosses the bracket.

Don

img007.jpg

I presume it pivots in the middle. it looks like balance weight down rod pulled down arm across bracket pivots rod at other end lifts pushing up the signal arm 

PS merry christmas and all the best for next year to you and miss hood.

Edited by Donw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1