Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

On 20/12/2023 at 21:07, MrWolf said:

So until about the 28th, I'll be making a nod to classic movies and leaving you on a cliffhanger...

Or probably not.

IMG_20231220_205328.jpg.e88fb6d73c60fdc81b42015a8494cc0e.jpg

Have a good one both of you.

I still have my one of those coaches! Or "The Winking Bus" as I used to call it when I was small, for obvious reasons (if you had one).

Just had to check predictive text hadn't kicked in on that last sentence before I pressed send 😂🤪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)
On 22/12/2023 at 15:49, Fishplate said:

Have a good one both of you.

I still have my one of those coaches! Or "The Winking Bus" as I used to call it when I was small, for obvious reasons (if you had one).

Just had to check predictive text hadn't kicked in on that last sentence before I pressed send 😂🤪

Yes, it's a Dinky Vega Major Coach, the early version from 1964 that has working flashing indicators. I've just bought a pair of repro orange lenses for the side repeaters.

If it's meant to work, it gets fixed around here. If it doesn't, it will bother one or both of us! 🤪 

Of course nowadays if you shout "Bus Winkers!" most people assume that you're misquoting The Inbetweeners...

I also double checked the spell chucker there too.....

Might have to get on with my tree project as it seems that discussion of dive-bombers and women in stockings has drifted over to The Sheep Chronicles....😆

Edited by MrWolf
Bus W*nkers...
  • Like 6
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

My father had a thing for her too...

"Put that cigarette out! The gas main's gone.!!"

"Don't you yell at me, Mr Warwick!"

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Remember getting all hot and bothered at school when they showed that at Christmas in 1971... I mean the film B of B

My aunt was working at a radar station on the Isle of Wight when Stukas attacked . She remained at her post and was “Mentioned in despatches “ and awarded  the Oak leaves . A sergeant bawled her out when he ordered her to leave her post . She did as ordered but jumped over a big hole not realising there was an unexplored bomb in it .

The Greates Generation!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

My grandfather was working for BTH as a development engineer in the thirties and was involved with the signal deciphering equipment for early radar. He was prevented from joining up in 1939 and ended up being involved with the magnetron project and the first crystal semiconductors. 

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Well I didn’t think it was fair that Miss R didn’t get an Aero too

@Bluemonkey presents.... has some on the way too but unfortunately I was unable to fulfill his request for a mint aero because I’d already given it to Sarah…..I’d already demolished the Yorkie & Kitkat Chunky. I did share the four finger Kitkat and Fruit pastilles though (reluctantly) 🤪

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Business is business, but one's significant other always gets dibs when it comes to chocolate. 

Keeping my promise not to let her eat it all in one go was as always a bit of a scrap, but I managed it....

• Like 3
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1