RMweb

WR ‘15XX’ 0-6-0PT - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

On a loco we'll normally see one (unless we've bought one for ourselves as well). Most producers will send different liveries or versions to each mag to give variety. On coaches or wagons we may see a couple of diiferent variations or liveries.

Out of interest, is it 'mint boxed' or have the manufacturers tested/inspected before dispatch? Normally when I read reviews which highlight imperfections, this is down to it being a review or production 'sample' that is well handled and/or well run in!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Out of interest, is it 'mint boxed' or have the manufacturers tested/inspected before dispatch? Normally when I read reviews which highlight imperfections, this is down to it being a review or production 'sample' that is well handled and/or well run in!

It can vary; it can be a sample which has seen use or it can be completely unmolested. Neither category seems to have any bearing on findings.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Thanks for more footage of your lovely layout of which I am quite jealous! It strikes me that the apparent jerkiness downhill is the caused by the stock being 'loose coupled' which of course in real life it wouldnt be. And is the loco running on the DC equivalent of EMF - the electronics  seems to be trying to compensate for both the gradient and the inconsistent movement of the train if you see what I mean.

Thanks Mike, my wife edits my Posts and is continually pointing out that I need to add more scenery!  Loose coupled, maybe between the engine and the first carriage.  All the mini couplings between the coaches have been moved slightly inboard and the rake is effectively tensioned by the corridor connectors.  1504 is not digital, it doesn't make any difference to the issue whether the brake simulator on the Gaugemaster DS is switched on or off.

Cheers Ray

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

On a loco we'll normally see one (unless we've bought one for ourselves as well). Most producers will send different liveries or versions to each mag to give variety. On coaches or wagons we may see a couple of diiferent variations or liveries.

A heads up for your review in this month's BRM, ugly and functional but brilliantly captured sums it up perfectly.😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

A heads up for your review in this month's BRM, ugly and functional but brilliantly captured sums it up perfectly.😎

Might I have got away with calling a Pannier ugly? 😁

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

@RapidoCorbs I'm now very annoyed.

Having returned my badly-running 15xx for a refund, my request has been ignored and I've been sent an even worse one.  It has a hopeless eccentricity - see videos attached.

Plus it's blindingly obvious that the rear axle (which was OK on the original one) has a wheel with indeed the centre not in the centre.

I don't care how 'detailed' it is if it basically runs like a dog.

If you'd done what I explicitly asked for, this post would not be here to show yet another hopeless chassis.

https://app.box.com/s/9pm1zx5cq2xn188lkfazrxxmexxj6sck

https://app.box.com/s/9o7pgw34nk52zxwiq2ycv8x87jp021a7

For good measure here is a chassis I made in 1975 in my Dad's garage with a drill and two bits of brass strip held together in a vice. If the 15xx was half as good as this (which isn;t brilliant I admit) I'd be fairly happy although bemused why holes and right angles are not possible in modern china.

https://app.box.com/s/gvm3brxufwsp3j3fdagp2rh65xtgjd5o

@RapidoCorbs What do I now need to do to GET MY MONEY BACK?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Stop shouting please. I am confident they will address any needs without you barking on here.

Please do not be offensive - if you consider I was raising my voice, that does not constitute me being offensive.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, phil-b259 said:

Its very simple - return it to the retailer from which you purchased it as not fit for purpose!

Er, this was a warranty return to, and 'repair' by, Rapido, from whom I bought the original direct.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, 97xx said:

Please do not be offensive - if you consider I was raising my voice, that does not constitute me being offensive.

I'm not in the mood for crap today. Think before you post; I will not have you using RMweb as leverage for your complaint when there are existing lines of communication.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, 97xx said:

Er, this was a warranty return to, and 'repair' by, Rapido, from whom I bought the original direct.

Doesn't matter who you bought it from, your rights are the same regardless of whether you bought it from a retailer or direct from the manufacturer.

Rapido will know this - they also know trading standards don't take kindly to people trying to doge their obligations so I'm quite sure that if you simply told Rapido you wanted a refund then they would oblige you.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
On 16/09/2023 at 12:28, RapidoCorbs said:

Hope we/Rails can get it sorted 👍

Have to say that Rails of Sheffield have been excellent - quick responses and an immediate issue of a returns label last week.  Received an email Thursday (28th) confirming a replacement had been tested/checked for defects and she arrived this morning.

As mentioned previously, it's a fantastic model - a few glue marks (as others have commented on), but nothing too sinister that weathering won't hide.

Initial disappointment put into context with 'Thought of the Month' in yesterday's newsletter - over 360 parts with most retailers selling at £127.50, give or take -  everyone will have their own thoughts on what's value, but I can't knock that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, timbo2857 said:

Thanks, I will give them a try, though its a pity they dont have a proper web site to buy online.

Indeed, but a quick call and chat with the very helpful proprietor, and a by-return service will sort you out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1