Revolution drax Biomass Wagons - N Gauge

TomE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

It has been a longer time than we anticipated, for reasons explained in the link, but just after Xmas we received the production samples for final checking before the models are prepared for shipping.

This is a pack of the original livery.

1400298436_N-IIAD-201Apackshot2.JPG.161afdc16702997d4e17b2967599d470.JPG

Other images including the models in the newer 'Drax - Renewable Pioneers' liveries can be seen as part of the Revolution Trains 2022 round up here: https://revolutiontrains.com/2022-the-revolution-round-up/

Assuming all is well they should be arriving here in late February and Rails should have them very soon after to start sending out to customers.

8 hours ago, bmthtrains - David said:

Has there been any word on the minimum radius for these? 

David 

I have tested them thoroughly both pushed and pulled on 282mm/11.1" radius curves with no problem.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
Additional information included
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, PeterStiles said:

I am *so* looking forward to these turning up. The only thing confusing me is the multitude of emails I've had from Rails telling me they are On The Way...

43 minutes ago, gedlee said:

DPD should be delivering them all tomorrow. Can’t wait!!!!!!!

The only thing confusing me is that I haven't had any emails from Rails at all!!

John P

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jpendle said:

The only thing confusing me is that I haven't had any emails from Rails at all!!

Likewise! Radio silence on mine so far. 

Tom. 

• RMweb Premium

Depressingly. although I had about seven emails from rails about these, I only received the three boxes I ordered. I was hoping the many emails was an indication that they'd got confused and were going to send me more than I'd paid for...

• Funny 2

Well I got an email yesterday saying that my credit card had expired so I called today and my wagons will be dispatched soon.

One interesting thing, I tried to add a Farish GBRF CL60 to the order and was told that regular orders and pre-orders can't normally be combined.

But after a quick chat to a manager they confirmed that I could add the loco to the order, I'll get a final invoice once they've packaged everything together.

Saves me paying double postage.

Regards,

John P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The first of my two packs arrived today, ironically the set I ordered after the pre-order, but that's now also on it's way. 

Only had chance for a quick look over these but will be putting up a full review on NGN once the second set arrives. 

Impressive wagons, and models. The livery is nicely done via what appear to be waterslide decals, although there is some slight misalignment around the bodyside cutouts, but i'm not sure how else it could have been done given the complexity of the livery and it's a minor niggle really. 

Not sure I'll ever get near a full rake, but will almost certainly add a few more to the collection. 

154214834_revolutioniiada.jpg.e26aa87f895a2a1fe8c749c92156c52f.jpg

Tom. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TomE said:

The first of my two packs arrived today, ironically the set I ordered after the pre-order, but that's now also on it's way. 

Only had chance for a quick look over these but will be putting up a full review on NGN once the second set arrives. 

Impressive wagons, and models. The livery is nicely done via what appear to be waterslide decals, although there is some slight misalignment around the bodyside cutouts, but i'm not sure how else it could have been done given the complexity of the livery and it's a minor niggle really. 

Not sure I'll ever get near a full rake, but will almost certainly add a few more to the collection. 

154214834_revolutioniiada.jpg.e26aa87f895a2a1fe8c749c92156c52f.jpg

Tom. 

Yeah that's a bit weird - it's like the printer was misaligned, are they UV printed, Mike? The RH 'printing' is too far right, there should be a visible band to the right of the data panels, where yours look to be flush with the end of the wagon. There's also a slight border to the colour that shouldn't be there. This looked really accentuated in some of RoS's photos, but I've not consciously seen it on any of the production wagons.

Small niggles though, they do look great.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Yeah that's a bit weird - it's like the printer was misaligned, are they UV printed, Mike? The RH 'printing' is too far right, there should be a visible band to the right of the data panels, where yours look to be flush with the end of the wagon. There's also a slight border to the colour that shouldn't be there. This looked really accentuated in some of RoS's photos, but I've not consciously seen it on any of the production wagons.

Small niggles though, they do look great.

That's what led me to the assumption it was waterslide as that end also has some of the livery element wrapping around onto end, which probably accounts for the missing visible band to the right of the data panels, but I guess that must also be a result of the printing method used?

drax1a.jpg.6151996e70c2be47714da73609e9c618.jpg

Tom. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tom,

That looks like the registration has slipped very slightly, but that pic is massively magnified!! 

I think we have to be realistic about what is achievable over a production run of many thousands, especially when production has to be halted and restarted periodically because of Covid restrictions, often with no notice.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi Tom,

That looks like the registration has slipped very slightly, but that pic is massively magnified!! 

I think we have to be realistic about what is achievable over a production run of many thousands, especially when production has to be halted and restarted periodically because of Covid restrictions, often with no notice.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben. 

Absolutely, and it’s not a criticism, I think these are superb models, largely due to the way you’ve been able to replicate what is a pretty complex livery with both photographic elements and fading colours, the two things that must be the biggest headache to reproduce in such a small scale! 

Tom. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The Cautionary Tale of Mr & Mrs Stiles and the Incredible Bouncing Wagon...

• When they say to keep handling to a minimum and include a warning about damage incurrable upon falls to the train room floor they speak the words of the wise...

Yes, it happened, Mrs Stiles reported to Mr Stiles that she'd knocked a wagon over and upon attempting to re-rail it, the wagon had fallen to the floor. "No harm done," was the politic reply, "I'm sure I'll find the  coupling..."

Darnation. Lost a buffer and the coupling housing flew off - found that but not the nem mount or the coupling  :(

borked_crop_DSC_1320.jpg.f4e61a8ff9435738218aa1ec97091230.jpg

Luckily only one end affected, so I can swap the mount & coupling over from the other end and hide the missing buffer in the middle of rake and show no-coupling at the rear. Does mean I can fit the accessories on the End without fear!

Could have been worse, could have been a locomotive.