Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

9 hours ago, Brinkly said:

Hi Wayne, 

Out of interest, do you mind me asking you what is next in development for 00? 

Kind regards,

Nick.

Spreading the gauge to EM!.....sorry! ...only jesting 

made first 3mm point up and vid is in 3mm section all worked right first time....well almost....took advice to make check rails live....got a bit enthusiastic with solder filled gap between stock rail and check rail....it looked like a 1960s gem point!....managed to get it all out

Need to get better at soldiering....

Edited by bradfordbuffer
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 20/04/2022 at 00:42, bradfordbuffer said:

soldiering.

As well as soldering? 😀  Typos, don't you just love them, do it all the time as well...!

Edited by NFWEM57
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 19/04/2022 at 22:57, Brinkly said:

Hi Wayne, 

Out of interest, do you mind me asking you what is next in development for 00? 

Kind regards,

Nick.

Hi Nick,

It will be an A5 standard turnout, followed by 1in7 Single Slip...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, after the RMweb 'disaster' and the forum coming back online, I had gone and re uploaded missing images to my previous posts in the thread. Now today I see the images are gone again? Anyone had this issue on newly uploaded pics?

Currently sitting here working on the CAD for the 00-SF 1in7 Double Slip...

18751518_00-SFSlipCAD.JPG.b2c530fe8d4ef78ab7f8447fe1b27e68.JPG

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, NFWEM57 said:

Wayne, several times. I keep having to reload them.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

You don't.

If originally posted before 31st May 2021, images will all come back eventually. They may be missing while the site is being re-indexed, but they will come back. It could take a long time.

Images originally posted after 31st May 2021 and before the crash in March 2022 have been lost and need to be re-uploaded.

If you re-uploaded images too soon after the crash, they may have gone missing again, but they will come back eventually.

See:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171078-rmweb-change-of-hosting-missing-images-april-2022/?do=findComment&comment=4795028

Martin.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Currently sitting here working on the CAD for the 00-SF 1in7 Double Slip...

@Wayne Kinney

Hi Wayne,

If you are using Templot, have you noticed this option? It changes the length of the check rails too:

ds_tips_option.png.350968a08966f9c1b584ca794aadca60.png

May not be needed with your wiring scheme.

cheers,

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

@Wayne Kinney

Hi Wayne,

If you are using Templot, have you noticed this option? It changes the length of the check rails too:

May not be needed with your wiring scheme.

cheers,

Martin.

Yes, I've had a play with the setting, seems to be enough clearance anyway. Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi Patrick,

You don't.

If originally posted before 31st May 2021, images will all come back eventually. They may be missing while the site is being re-indexed, but they will come back. It could take a long time.

Images originally posted after 31st May 2021 and before the crash in March 2022 have been lost and need to be re-uploaded.

If you re-uploaded images too soon after the crash, they may have gone missing again, but they will come back eventually.

See:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171078-rmweb-change-of-hosting-missing-images-april-2022/?do=findComment&comment=4795028

Martin.

Just re-uploaded my missing ones post May 2021 but some still awol.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

I got this far with the CAD and realised I've set to 1in6 instead of 1in7... GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

1in6.JPG.c6d7da4c14f64a517b5ed51b5d40574d.JPG

If this is EM gauge then this will be a perfect match to the Society’s 1:6 points.  Don’t throw it away just park it for the future as there will be a number of EMGS members wanting this.  
Great work,

Frank

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

I got this far with the CAD and realised I've set to 1in6 instead of 1in7... GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

1in6.JPG.c6d7da4c14f64a517b5ed51b5d40574d.JPG

Yes please! 1:6 geometry would be most welcomed following on from the 1:7 currently available. I agree, park it for future development. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Chuffer Davies said:

If this is EM gauge then this will be a perfect match to the Society’s 1:6 points.  Don’t throw it away just park it for the future as there will be a number of EMGS members wanting this.  
Great work,

Frank

It's 00-SF but yes it's now parked :)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lacathedrale said:

Hi Wayne, I was wondering when we might be able to expect the N gauge easy-build turnouts back in stock? I'm working through the classic turnout kits but finding all those chairs being threaded a bit mind numbing!

Glass of good red wine and soft music helps! Too much red wine and you go for the light rail look as apposed to ECML!

Edited by bradfordbuffer
Typo
  • Funny 2

25 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Glass of good red wine and soft music helps! Too much red wine and you go for the light rail look as apposed to ECML!

I have some experience of this phenomenon. Not related to red wine but to gin. I'm not sure what the common denominator is. Summer seems to be a factor. When it's a nice summer day, I'll take a pint of gin and tonic to the shed, to save coming back to the house too often. As the afternoon progresses, the quality of my work deteriorates.

Was your red wine experience in the Summer?

• Funny 6

23 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

I have some experience of this phenomenon. Not related to red wine but to gin. I'm not sure what the common denominator is. Summer seems to be a factor. When it's a nice summer day, I'll take a pint of gin and tonic to the shed, to save coming back to the house too often. As the afternoon progresses, the quality of my work deteriorates.

Was your red wine experience in the Summer?

Yes summer........autumn.....winter...and spring...hic!

Pint of gin to shed to save trip back to house! Have you not got man fridge in shed! Tut tut!

Edited by bradfordbuffer
  • Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, Lacathedrale said:

Hi Wayne, I was wondering when we might be able to expect the N gauge easy-build turnouts back in stock? I'm working through the classic turnout kits but finding all those chairs being threaded a bit mind numbing!

Should only be a week or 2!