Accurascale Meltdown; New PFA Loads Go Nuclear!

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, McC said:

The boat was delayed in Spain, so is due to dock tomorrow all going to plan. Allowing a few days to clear customs, etc, and get counted in, we'd hope to be shipping next week. 

Hope it's not due into Felixstowe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-62608119

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Great news! As @ERIC ALLTORQUE has mentioned, our new run of PFAs are now IN STOCK!

1584231013_ACC2093DRGPFADragon.jpg.0d30364827a422f0f54736c8e07ba002.jpg

Our warehouse team are currently picking, packing and posting pre-orders to both direct and trade customers as we speak. This will take a few days to complete so we appreciate your patience.

In the meantime, remaining stocks of all wagons are now on sale via our website, with some packs very low on stock. We recommend ordering sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.

2126849404_ACC2094PFANovapak(1).jpg.92ec63cc3e8558a7ce5d982a7863e074.jpg

Each triple pack of wagons is just £74.95, with 10% off when you buy two packs or more, and free postage and packaging thrown in! We also have the Dragon triple pack, which is an Accurascale Exclusive, only available via our website.

Order via your local stockist, or right here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just got my DHL delivery notification. 2 pm this afternoon. Looking forward to getting them.

Update. 
arrived on time. Fantastic looking set and just simply well done to you folks at AS again. 

roll on the 37's and 31's. 

Edited by Krieghoff
Updated info
  • Like 2

Glad I worked from home today, due between 5:15 & 6:15, arrived shortly ago (4pm), love the exclusive model box branding for the dragon pack! 

Loving the dragon pack and it’s removable tarp part, just enough flex to mimic the real thing I think! Cracking  models as per usual! Looking fantastic! 

C900B2DA-6559-48C9-9A2B-246A5D79A93D.jpeg

7A0A94BD-B524-4814-83C3-0B6FF529C4CE.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Are all the PFAs dispatched? I'm still waiting for my 4 packs, but the order was quite late so I'm probably near the end of the list. 

Hi Tom,

Not yet. We have had a huge amount of orders for these (and Chaldrons) so dispatch still ongoing. We expect to be done by the end of this week.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

Not yet. We have had a huge amount of orders for these (and Chaldrons) so dispatch still ongoing. We expect to be done by the end of this week.

Cheers!

Fran 

That's good to hear from my POV too. I only ordered a couple of packs in June tho so I'll be right at the end! Excited!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gremlin99 said:

That's good to hear from my POV too. I only ordered a couple of packs in June tho so I'll be right at the end! Excited!

Dispatched! Looking forward to getting them in the next day or so and running a nice train with my other LLNW PFAs from the earlier batch 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Where does Canada fit in to the plan?

All the best

Richard

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

Hi Fran,

Where does Canada fit in to the plan?

All the best

Richard

EU orders are currently exporting to Dublin for onward shipping. All ‘Rest of world’ orders will ship from Birmingham in the regular queue this week. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

Great photo. Presumably this was double headed with two 88's?

Off twitter but i think it was as you say double up 68 power.......click the picture and it shows more images off the guys twitter account of the train.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Off twitter but i think it was as you say double up 68 power.......click the picture and it shows more images off the guys twitter account of the train.

Thanks, 88002 on the front, the 3rd photo with the whole train and semaphore is great. Not sure how to link to Flickr pics.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

Five of my six packs arrived at breakfast time this morning and have already been test run.   

Very pleased with them all and I still have the arrival my sixth and most recent order to look forward to.

With the Novapak wagons, I'll probably glue the black plastic web base onto the diecast chassis and the two boxes onto their grey base, as otherwise it would be five bits per wagon to assemble every time I bring these wagons out of their box for a short run on my end to end layout.

Edited by cessna152towser

5 hours ago, ruggedpeak said:

Thanks, 88002 on the front, the 3rd photo with the whole train and semaphore is great. Not sure how to link to Flickr pics.

You just copy the website address of the Flickr photo you are looking at, then paste that address into the reply box on rmweb and it should automatically show up :)

Running into St Bees.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Could be worse - Radiation poisoning from the spent fuel. 

Is the Dragon Exclusive designed to be a make it once like the KUA and Class 89, or will there possibly be a further run at a later date? 

Hi @Torbay Express,

Should demand for a second run be high enough it will be made again, but that remains to be seen. The 89 wont be a one off either. Again, if demand is there, we will build it. Especially if new liveries etc happen. It's just more unlikely than say multiple runs of Deltics, 37s etc.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Received my parcel with two boxes of wagons while away from home for a couple of days. Very happy with the packaging and the wagons inside although not yet had opportunity to test run on layout.

I have no complaints with the wagons but feel it is worth mentioning that I received notification from DHL that they had my parcel from Accurascale the afternoon before we were going to be to be away for a couple of days. They invited me to download their app and to update my delivery preferences, which I did and I asked them to leave any parcels with a neighbour if no one was at home rather than finding a “safe place”.

So I was very disappointed when I received an email from DHL the next day telling me the parcel had been delivered. A quick check of the app gave a photo of our front porch with the parcel sat outside.

Luckily I managed to get hold of a neighbour later that afternoon who retrieved the parcel to a safe place until our return the next day.

Im very glad the wagons were safe (including sold out items) but also very glad it was not a box of class 37s (also likely to be sold out) at four times the value.

I don’t have a lot of experience with DHL being quite happy with Royal Mail deliveries as a rule, but thought I would share my experience for others benefit as it is probably worth paying the extra for a more safe and secure delivery option.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1