Rapido UK Newsletters

mdvle

18 hours ago, rembrow said:

While not a newsletter, Rapido have posted on their Facebook site, that they have three as yet unannounced models, going into tooling. No further details yet.

SECR O1 to pull their range of SR wagons that have been released. 

Big James

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Rapido on this announcement and we wish them every success with the project.

The loco has been in The Top 50 of The 00 Wishlist Poll since 2014. Here's how it has fared in more detail (but note that The Poll didn't run in 2017, 2020 or 2021)...

2014 - 40th

2015 - 30th

2016 - 6th

2018 - 3rd

2019 - Top overall

2022 - 4th

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 2

Shortly before the S160 was let slip, Rapido asked on Facebook what we think the three new locomotives just gone to tooling might be. Well, I’d like one to be a Gresley K1 or K2 but I think a K4 would be a more certain hit. However, given the southern bias and the big gap in Southern steam, surely a U would be one. The other might be an O – it’s been requested a lot. Perhaps an LBSC K – that could be popular. However, Rapido has gone far north with the Jones goods so it could be almost anything.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

To be fair we said 'projects' not 'locomotives'...

Project one is do all the Southern locomotives that the others haven't: Task 1 S160

Project two is do all the open wagons the others haven't: Task 1 SECR opens, Task 2 GWR opens, Task 3 1907 RCH

Project three is do all the Scottish stuff the others haven't: Task 1 Jones Goods

Project four is do everything else not included in projects one to three and which the others haven't.

This of course only relates to OO, for N it's a bit less left field - copy what sells in OO and add in an oddball (Co-Bo) and then start on the Peaks.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Now would be a great time to say one of them is an N gauge version of the APT-E so I can finally talk myself into selling off my hardly used OO version (too big for a 6x4 roundy layout sadly).