Accurascale Announces New Castle Cement PCAs!

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

Repaint your JPAs and hook them up to PCAs.

I thought they had also run with the Castle JPAs, but alas I cannot find a photo and the more I think about it the Castle ones always run in a set rake don't they?

• RMweb Premium
Just now, TomScrut said:

I thought they had also run with the Castle JPAs, but alas I cannot find a photo and the more I think about it the Castle ones always run in a set rake don't they?

Usually yes. On the Mossend run. 

• Like 1

With the later style Castle Cement PCA’s, there are two different slogans on the sides. “Building a better environment” & “Heidelberg Cement group” are these year related or were they in mixed rakes from the start?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Shoey said:

With the later style Castle Cement PCA’s, there are two different slogans on the sides. “Building a better environment” & “Heidelberg Cement group” are these year related or were they in mixed rakes from the start?

There are mixed rakes back to at least to 2005 (still checking)

And not forgetting that there are three versions of Heidelberg cement group branding.

Small lettering - two positions and larger lettering.

10618.jpg.71a949ed24320fe02d8810376577b925.jpg

10609.jpg.ab5399062d71471a6c443f50379c3eb5.jpg

10617.jpg.49a8b822168cd6395a8f4420c6e97af2.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

There are mixed rakes back to at least to 2005 (still checking)

And not forgetting that there are three versions of Heidelberg cement group branding.

Small lettering - two positions and larger lettering.

10618.jpg.71a949ed24320fe02d8810376577b925.jpg

10609.jpg.ab5399062d71471a6c443f50379c3eb5.jpg

10617.jpg.49a8b822168cd6395a8f4420c6e97af2.jpg

That’s great Mick thank you very much. I hadn’t even noticed that there were 2 different lettering sizes. Need to go to specsavers I think! 🤓

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Shoey said:

That’s great Mick thank you very much. I hadn’t even noticed that there were 2 different lettering sizes. Need to go to specsavers I think! 🤓

I never noticed either and I've been looking at pictures of these for months!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I’m having a bit of a heart attack, I’ve ordered VTG Castle (Packs P through U) on the feeling that they were still a couple of months away.  Can someone give me a date as to when they are likely to hit the shelves because I might have to do some serious budgeting.

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’m having a bit of a heart attack, I’ve ordered VTG Castle (Packs P through U) on the feeling that they were still a couple of months away.  Can someone give me a date as to when they are likely to hit the shelves because I might have to do some serious budgeting.

I believe Some retailers have emailed to say they have them. Accurascale’s own site shows most are not too far from selling out either. 

• Like 1

Got a second batch of these yesterday, to go with the others I got from the original batch. They are a stunning model and so well put together not a single small part was detached. 

Keep up the great work Accurascale can't wait for my class 37's.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hi Jools,

They're in stock now.

Cheers!

Fran 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Jools,

They're in stock now.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Panic over, all sorted 😉

I've just finished added a further 6 off Castle Cement wagons to my original rake of 15 off. These have CIAB markings to the ends of the tanks to differentiate them from the original ones. Can you spot them in the video below, as the train passes the depot on my layout.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

I've just finished added a further 6 off Castle Cement wagons to my original rake of 15 off. These have CIAB markings to the ends of the tanks to differentiate them from the original ones. Can you spot them in the video below, as the train passes the depot on my layout.

Hi Tony,

Lovely video. What sound decoder did you fit that Vitrains 37 with? I think it's good but something a bit louder is coming very soon....

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tony,

Lovely video. What sound decoder did you fit that Vitrains 37 with? I think it's good but something a bit louder is coming very soon....

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran, It's a Zimo MS450 decoder, so that probably tells you it's the new Bachmann 37, but I think you knew that. I'm guessing that your 37 will be mighty, so can't wait until October to get one and see and hear what it's like in the flesh, as it were. I have 8 of them on order, all bar one with sound, 5 with you and 3 with Rails. So, roll on October and December.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Hi Fran, It's a Zimo MS450 decoder, so that probably tells you it's the new Bachmann 37, but I think you knew that. I'm guessing that your 37 will be mighty, so can't wait until October to get one and see and hear what it's like in the flesh, as it were. I have 8 of them on order, all bar one with sound, 5 with you and 3 with Rails. So, roll on October and December.

Hi Tony,

Sincerest apologies, a genuine error on my part. I hadnt realised an EWS one was released too, and the fan grill and windscreens threw me. Loving the video as always!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

15 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Got a couple more packs to lengthen the first sets of wagons,second to non delivery time.

I want some too (make my rake of 12 up to 18) but I have that much other stuff I need to save up for 😂

• Friendly/supportive 1