Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

23 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well good news,as long as they are not on the new container ship Ever Get Here...........:)

No, there on the new ship Ever Broad, designed to be as wide as the Suez Canal so it hugs the sides and can't get jammed. When it exits it gets a suction boost that speeds it up to 50 knots till past Gibralter. Or as I haven't paid yet they could be on tbe Ever Never.

• Funny 3

9 minutes ago, paulbb said:

Great news , but although the blue one looks great but the red in the red stripe railfreight looks way off !

The red on the red stripe is the exact code used on the real livery. It's rail red and always looks to be on the lighter end of the red spectrum.

Screenshot_2023-12-16-12-36-44-114_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

It does also seem like the sort of lighting used for professionally photographing models is very unforgiving on lighter red colours!

For example the red on the Rapido Titfield Thunderbolt looked too bright in the promotional photos, but in the flesh looked much nicer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

It does also seem like the sort of lighting used for professionally photographing models is very unforgiving on lighter red colours!

For example the red on the Rapido Titfield Thunderbolt looked too bright in the promotional photos, but in the flesh looked much nicer.

That's very true.

I will say however that 019 looks amazing in the flesh and is actually my favourite of them all I think.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

A very nice lady at KMS sold me some Cavalex HAA wagons which came today - never thought id get excited over such a humble Wagon but it is a cracker. It adds to my Cavalex wagon fetish (steel, oil and now coal). All I need are my 56's to turn up and ive got traction coming out of my reverse siding....

IMG_4650.jpeg

Edited by Norski
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, RBE said:

Great to see all of our wagons being put to good use!!!

My layout is going to be based around a section of track at Trostre Tinplate works / Llandeilo Junction. Ive got oil trains from Pembrokeshire, HAA's going to coedbach washery and steel coil coming out of Trostre. Sorted I thought....did we mention PXA wagons mate...you're killing me guys.

• Like 4

Your work, Cav, Alex, on this project and the attention to detail is superb and I'm looking forward to taking delivery of 070 and 077 in the new year. I share your inspiration from seeing this class in operation, and would watch it regularly in and around the mid-Sussex area working the Whatley - Ardingly ARC stone trains. Building on your excellent Redland hoppers, I wonder if the RMWeb community would join me in twisting your arms to produce a range of PGA hoppers in the various shapes and liveries (particularly ARC and Yeoman) which were bread and butter rakes behind the 56s (in the South at any rate.) The Lima/Hornby offerings just won't cut it behind a loco that is this detailed and accurate.....

• Like 7
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, ollysussex said:

Your work, Cav, Alex, on this project and the attention to detail is superb and I'm looking forward to taking delivery of 070 and 077 in the new year. I share your inspiration from seeing this class in operation, and would watch it regularly in and around the mid-Sussex area working the Whatley - Ardingly ARC stone trains. Building on your excellent Redland hoppers, I wonder if the RMWeb community would join me in twisting your arms to produce a range of PGA hoppers in the various shapes and liveries (particularly ARC and Yeoman) which were bread and butter rakes behind the 56s (in the South at any rate.) The Lima/Hornby offerings just won't cut it behind a loco that is this detailed and accurate.....

What this man said !! - early ARC or YEOMAN hoppers.

• Like 4