Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RBE said:

We are also running a loco on our test track on our stand as well.

Ah that's perfect. I'll pop by for a chat anyway. You convinced me off the back of MRS earlier this year so that was hopefully a worthwhile trip at least!

On 20/11/2023 at 10:00, Southwich said:

image.jpeg.a48a9c99d3eea40672524ebe5ce79cea.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg.bb65f6babe8012c37991593f91521e56.jpeg

The first production grid arrived down under late last week, and was fortunate to be tested on @P.C.M’s excellent Llanbourne layout yesterday. Looked right at home albeit in need of some weathering! 

Kind regards,

Will

Pleasure having you down Will. Was great to finally see one of these beasts in the flesh. It ran so well out of the box too.

20231122_180614.jpg

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 21/11/2023 at 21:46, Grimleygrid said:

7eae5493-a65a-4278-8db5-323a36f953fb.JPG.58eb001a73ed85a07fbb1166145cbdbb.JPG

We’re excited to share that production Class 56 models have arrived with us for final sign off before the full batch are shipped to the UK. All production models and bodyshells will be available to view on our stand at the Warley Exhibition this coming weekend. Delivery of the Class 56 is anticipated early next year, subject to shipping and QC times. 

Thanks to Pete at Llanbourne in Australia for allowing us to run 56008 on his superb layout!

On 21/11/2023 at 21:46, Grimleygrid said:

7eae5493-a65a-4278-8db5-323a36f953fb.JPG.58eb001a73ed85a07fbb1166145cbdbb.JPG

We’re excited to share that production Class 56 models have arrived with us for final sign off before the full batch are shipped to the UK. All production models and bodyshells will be available to view on our stand at the Warley Exhibition this coming weekend. Delivery of the Class 56 is anticipated early next year, subject to shipping and QC times. 

Thanks to Pete at Llanbourne in Australia for allowing us to run 56008 on his superb layout!

Thanks Alex, was great to have Will come down and test the 56. You and Cav must be well pleased you have done a great job, it's a lovely model.

20231122_181451.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Thanks Alex, was great to have Will come down and test the 56. You and Cav must be well pleased you have done a great job, it's a lovely model.

20231122_181451.jpg

Thanks Pete, we are really pleased with how it has turned out.

Nice to see you giving her a test run. I really like 008. There was always something special about the Romanian ones to me.

I really want one, or two, for my depot!!!

I am just looking at 56093 in Large Logo, oh yes......takes me back to Doncaster February 1988 when I saw it pass through several times light engine.

Good afternoon Cavalex,

I know that it is subject to the level of sales for the first batch, but is there any chance of a Cardiff Canton 'namer' in any second run please?

Apologies if you have been asked this previously, it is outside my normal run of railway interests but having worked at Canton in 1982 I was used to seeing one or more on the depot. In fact one (can't remember which one now) spent all of its time parked up close to the Main Shed office. It was the first time I heard the term 'Christmas tree' applied to a loco.

There were only six I believe, so expect demand will be limited.

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMKAT7 said:

Good afternoon Cavalex,

I know that it is subject to the level of sales for the first batch, but is there any chance of a Cardiff Canton 'namer' in any second run please?

Apologies if you have been asked this previously, it is outside my normal run of railway interests but having worked at Canton in 1982 I was used to seeing one or more on the depot. In fact one (can't remember which one now) spent all of its time parked up close to the Main Shed office. It was the first time I heard the term 'Christmas tree' applied to a loco.

There were only six I believe, so expect demand will be limited.

Cheers, Nigel.

Merehead, Ogmore Castle, Taff Merthyr, Richard Trevithick, Western Mail and Oystermouth?

Quite a few liveries still to be done, so hopefully a second run can be slotted in sometime.

Hello IRC,

I was thinking about the locos named after Welsh counties, such as 56032 County of South Glamorgan (and it's Welsh equivalent spelling).

I recall that there were 6 Canton locos named after Welsh counties at the time, but I am trying to recall from 40+ years ago 😂

Cheers, Nigel.

27 minutes ago, GMKAT7 said:

Hello IRC,

I was thinking about the locos named after Welsh counties, such as 56032 County of South Glamorgan (and it's Welsh equivalent spelling).

I recall that there were 6 Canton locos named after Welsh counties at the time, but I am trying to recall from 40+ years ago 😂

Cheers, Nigel.

053, which was mid Glamorgan, was the only other one I thought and they weren’t named in 1982.

• Thanks 1

On 24/11/2023 at 03:03, Grimleygrid said:

Thanks Pete, we are really pleased with how it has turned out.

Nice to see you giving her a test run. I really like 008. There was always something special about the Romanian ones to me.

I really want one, or two, for my depot!!!

I am just looking at 56093 in Large Logo, oh yes......takes me back to Doncaster February 1988 when I saw it pass through several times light engine.

I am sure you will be able to get a few Romanian ones at a good price. lol It was the Romanian ones I remember seeing early on as we had the Western allocated ones down our way. 

Cheers Peter.

8 hours ago, P.C.M said:

I am sure you will be able to get a few Romanian ones at a good price. lol It was the Romanian ones I remember seeing early on as we had the Western allocated ones down our way. 

Cheers Peter.

I hope so Peter, could do with a few!

Like this one:

16338327472_2b7a0cacd4_o.jpg.0188aa7db4873afdc21d266eaa960c60.jpg

And then maybe a few Donny versions:

Toton3s.jpg.00fd7921cedc77f058ecf6e2c874ed52.jpg

image.png.a7dc23698c13caf9de87f0796bd64122.png

I remember seeing the Western Region examples on aggregate workings when on jaunts out of Paddington.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I have finally succumbed & ordered a class 56.

I have to go for my second livery choice as strangely my favourite choice isn't modelled. Why no large logo on an earlier loco without aluminum trims? They looked much neater & better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, reddragon said:

I have finally succumbed & ordered a class 56.

I have to go for my second livery choice as strangely my favourite choice isn't modelled. Why no large logo on an earlier loco without aluminium trims? They looked much neater & better.

The first batch is quite large but they still cannot produce every variation. Assuming it sells well (which looks very likely) subsequent batches will be produced & I am sure these will contain different variations.

• Agree 4

15 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

The first batch is quite large but they still cannot produce every variation. Assuming it sells well (which looks very likely) subsequent batches will be produced & I am sure these will contain different variations.

Yes the first batch contains 16 variations. The first batch has been chosen to cover the most common liveries to loco details as a baseline for all eras. Moving forward we will produce other variations. 

Regards

Cav

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I’ll be after a 56036 in a future run as it was the first ever recipient of Large Logo livery. I remember thinking how futuristic it looked after years of the austere Banger Blue.

It's been a popular request.

• Like 2