Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The rise of the Robots

rocor

When I first came across this YouTube video, at first I thought that it was a spoof. This is truly mind-boggling.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

12 minutes ago, rocor said:

Just to ratchet up the robotic creepiness level here is  Mildred Grace, your new nurse.

Not sure which is more creepy, the nurse robot or the voice over.

Whenever I see AI & robots with a soft female humanoid schema I think of Howard Wolowitz in the Big Bang Theory and his robotic hand 'helper'

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/07/2021 at 20:30, rocor said:

When I first came across this YouTube video, at first I thought that it was a spoof. This is truly mind-boggling.

Hi Rocor,

I take it that you are unaware that Sophia the Robot was given citizenship by the Saudi Arabian Government in 2017.

That said Sophia and her other robot friends have since been shut down after they started talking to each other in their own language that no one else could understand.

Perhaps she should have been renamed Pandora !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora

It all brings Friday,

Gibbo.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Comment made to someone in the pub the other day "Don't worry, you're job's at no risk of being automated - no-one's yet invented a robot that can do so little!"

• Like 6
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Reorte said:

Comment made to someone in the pub the other day "Don't worry, you're job's at no risk of being automated - no-one's yet invented a robot that can do so little!"

Hi Reorte,

A robot has to do work for the etymology of the word robot is from the Czech meaning forced to work.

Gibbo.

• 3 weeks later...

Even lizards are not exempt from having their place in the world usurped by robots. Korean researchers have developed a robot chameleon.

On 09/07/2021 at 12:13, woodenhead said:

Grace can detect Covid19, here is a screen grab of her male counterpart Gary when he spots [insert thoughtcrime or other social indiscretion here]

image.png.520383850b4c411f6a4d972e6f8d0f6a.png 

"Socks with sandals! Noooo!"

We need more Garys. 

C6T. 

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Sorry lads. You're already obsolete.

That's just a vending machine serving reheated, pre-made Pizza.

At the Robot Pizza place in Paris, the robots actually make the Pizza, fresh and from scratch and can actually adjust the process in real time to get the perfect dough.

1 hour ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

At the Robot Pizza place in Paris, the robots actually make the Pizza, fresh and from scratch and can actually adjust the process in real time to get the perfect dough.

Yeah, but can it ride the motorbike ?

• Funny 5

1 hour ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

Yep. I can appreciate that. But it's far too slow. A bit like that fruit picker robot that was on HIGNFY that took about five minutes to pick one strawberry.

They've made one pizza but it's 3am and there's 200 drunks wanting pizza. By the time they've made another one there has been a massive brawl or they've all gone elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Yeah, but can it ride the motorbike ?

Fast enough to deliver your pizza, before it gets cold.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

7 hours ago, rocor said:

Fast enough to deliver your pizza, before it gets cold.

7 hours ago, 30801 said:

They are learning...

Hi Chaps,

All very well however the only subjectively creative input is human, all the robot has done is to objectively operate at a similar level to a human.

Gibbo.