Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Sonic Models OO Gauge Robinson A5

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium

My Order for a DC Ready version still appears as a Pre- Order with all the correct details from March 22. I suppose that date could be quite late in priority, but I can't see any 'Order Status' to view?

Had a general email to say the model is in stock and Pre orders are being processed.

Those who have asked for the Sound Package will need to be patient as the 'Sound' is not expected for a few weeks yet, though the model locos are being put aside pending fitting of Sound Modules .

Regards,

John

2 hours ago, Mark Dickerson said:

Presumably the pre-order disappears from the pre-orders page once it's processed? (Mine is still there.)

(Something?) listed as "in stock" on main page, but status still "on order", so presumably everything will update in the next few days.

I've had an email saying it's been dispatched (😍) and it's no longer on my pre-orders (but not yet in my account / orders section), if that helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Just out of curiosity drt7uk, could you say when you placed your pre order please ?

Hope the model arrives in due course and that you get great enjoyment from it.

Regards,

John

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Brit70053 said:

Just out of curiosity drt7uk, could you say when you placed your pre order please ?

Regards,

John

Sorry John, annoyingly I can't tell, as it's disappeared from my pre-orders but not yet under my orders, and for some reason they never sent me an email when I originally played the deposit. If I find out will let you know - but from memory I think I was fairly quick off the mark to order this when it was first announced, like the first couple of days.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Sorry John, annoyingly I can't tell, as it's disappeared from my pre-orders but not yet under my orders, and for some reason they never sent me an email when I originally played the deposit. If I find out will let you know - but from memory I think I was fairly quick off the mark to order this when it was first announced, like the first couple of days.

It won't appear in your Orders database. That system was updated about 15 months ago, but does not show processed pre orders, these literally disappear from your accessible records.

• Informative/Useful 1

31 minutes ago, Brit70053 said:

Regards,

John

If it helps (it probably won't) my pre-order went in on the day of release (if we're being picky I actually ordered it while the release video was playing). 

It's for a DC one, and nothing has so far happened....

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks everyone for your replies, I was probably getting confused by the mention of 'Order Status' in an earlier post, thinking it would be part of individuals' pre order information, whereas I now realise it refers to R.O.S. stock situation for particular models.

I was also unaware that the website and pre order records would not be fully up to date. Thanks all for re assuring information. I'm sure we'll all have our models soon and look forward to enjoying mine when it arrives.

Regards,

John

I shouldn't be, but I am tempted by these engines!
There are several questions however, to which a quick trawl through this thread and others on the LNER Forum has not produced answers.

My interests would require one of the Hawthorn Leslie 1925/6 built engines. Probably in 1940s condition when they were all based on Darlington. Does anyone know if the manufacturer is intending to produce one of these?

Some of the currently released models do have the lower dome. Do any have the 'built up' LNER chimney?
(Preferably not the earlier and cruder 'flowerpot' version!)

I am assuming that I would need to modify:-
- The cab roof (possibly)
- Spectacles (definitely)
- Lower curvature to frames under the smokebox/boiler (definitely)
- Front sandbox replaced above footplate (definitely)
- Chimney (if no manufactured version available) (definitely)
- Change to LH drive (definitely)
- replace the coal rails on the bunker (if they as wobbly as published pictures show!)
- repaint in plain un-lined black. (an advantage of the 1940s - though probably not if one was alive at the time!)

I would not bother about the overall width (reduced by 2" (.66mm) from the Gorton version, nor worry about the increase in wheelbase of 4" (1.33mm) between the trailing bogie wheels and the leading coupled wheels.

I do think that the price is quite reasonable (for current times) and much lower than the cost of scratch/kit building.

I would be grateful for other views and (polite) opinions!

• RMweb Gold

My two ..LNER green and BR l/c arrived this morning. Both are beautifully finished,solid models and both run smoothly. One quirky feature is that the BR one comes with lamps pre fitted..a nice touch. They come attractively boxed and remind me forcibly of my Planet Industrials Victory tank.Wonder if made in the same factory ?.IMHO in this day & age exceptional value 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

32 minutes ago, Willie Whizz said:

Has everyone on here who pre-ordered received an e-mail, as it appears some people (above) have?  My pre-order is shown on their system, and my e-mail address with them is current, but I've heard nothing as yet.

Likewise,  nothing yet though my bank was charged yesterday. Had this problem with the Caley pre-order too

33 minutes ago, Willie Whizz said:

Has everyone on here who pre-ordered received an e-mail, as it appears some people (above) have?  My pre-order is shown on their system, and my e-mail address with them is current, but I've heard nothing as yet.

I actually rang them this morning to check the bank details (good job I did as the number has changed since the order in 2021) but slipped in a quick query while on the phone - I don't want to waste their time and wouldn't have rung them just to ask 'when am I getting my train?'

I ordered on the day of release of the news during the video, so must have been one of the very first. 

However, although I know that my order is one of the ones that at least one person has received, nothing has yet happened for me - no money taken or anything. 

So I've got no idea what their order of priority is, but they are on the case and as long as you're sure the order did go through then I wouldn't worry. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, Helmdon said:

I actually rang them this morning to check the bank details (good job I did as the number has changed since the order in 2021) but slipped in a quick query while on the phone - I don't want to waste their time and wouldn't have rung them just to ask 'when am I getting my train?'

I ordered on the day of release of the news during the video, so must have been one of the very first. 

However, although I know that my order is one of the ones that at least one person has received, nothing has yet happened for me - no money taken or anything. 

So I've got no idea what their order of priority is, but they are on the case and as long as you're sure the order did go through then I wouldn't worry. 

Was there any mention of delay due to the circumstances with Royal Mail?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KVT said:

Hi all, noticed something with the 3 GCR green variants, they all have no whistles is that correct for the time period? As i am unsure if maybe they are hidden in the cab

The whistles should be on the cab roof. It's there in PeterH's photos.

Simon

Edited by 65179
  • Agree 2

My GCR green example arrived today and it is a very, very pretty thing indeed. 

However, because I was at work and therefore out of the house I came home to a note through my door that it was 'over the side gate' - a 6' drop onto slabs...

Luckily there doesn't appear to have been any damage (I was very impressed with how well-packed it was), but maybe a 'fragile' sticker on the parcel would be a good idea?  I'd have sooner had to wait another few days to pick it up from the local sorting office than have had to send it back for replacement. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear I’m not having much luck with locos recently. 

8A4C109D-5A28-46B3-9F4A-FEB51F0A6E2A.jpeg.3ddfa7834ec6814bfc317d7e1a16161a.jpeg

Is this divet on all of them?

88770758-01F9-4DB8-A781-8E0168A105D5.jpeg.644d8e3ee62a99ca96ded1a36dea8c2e.jpeg

1mm bend in the rear bunker but it catches the eye quite easily due to the lining looking bent. 

19C28319-96FA-4615-9739-7CA9169B491A.jpeg.6d3fafbcde76ed07e1c8eeff94bfbd17.jpeg
Pony truck missing lining and both sides the thin footplate is rough and missing several chips of paint. 
3AC60E36-12EA-4495-B923-3419EEF2DD38.jpeg.464feab8693b3c929ed68e6dc3261bcc.jpeg

With a significant chunk missing here. 

Rails have been emailed and their customer service is always good so fingers crossed for a better replacement. 

• Friendly/supportive 12