Bachmann pre-production samples

Andy Y

post-7036-054823900 1290289206_thumb.jpg

Assuming others which much better camera equipment took better shots of the EPBs and Freight liner 70s, I just took a photo of the one item I'm likely to be getting ... 37415 in Executive. Looks brilliant - and unlike 37406 and 37428 - the ends are correct this time biggrin.gif

Bruce

• RMweb Premium
Of note the Blue/Grey version has NSE flashes, Kent Link Branding and a red stripe over the Compartment area. Headlights are also fitted.

Lovely :clapping_mini: :clapping_mini: that is four modifications I had planned for the EPB when it came out that I don't need to do now. Mind you someone will no doubt complain that they are not doing an unbranded blue grey I suppose!

But like the Warley thread this thread is very light on pictures of this potential wallet emptiers. :unknw_mini: Mind you that 37/4 looks pretty tasty...

Assuming others which much better camera equipment took better shots of the EPBs and Freight liner 70s, I just took a photo of the one item I'm likely to be getting ... 37415 in Executive. Looks brilliant - and unlike 37406 and 37428 - the ends are correct this time biggrin.gif

Bruce

Looks nice did you get a sort of head on shot at all ?? Also is it still the old Snowplough style where you could have coupling in the middle & two Snowploughs each side??

James

Saw the painted examples of the 2EPB today at Warley, Blue, Green and Blue/Grey.

Of note the Blue/Grey version has NSE flashes, Kent Link Branding and a red stripe over the Compartment area. Headlights are also fitted. Must say it looked really good - can't wait for it to be released!

I presume that the early versions did not have the headlight ?

Any idea on the amount of motor showing and the driver compartment /passenger saloon bulkhead ?

And, most importantly, any idea of delivery dates ?

Thanks

And another question for Kintbury Jon: did you happen to notice whether they have corrected the positions of the guard's periscopes on the blue and green versions? I'm assuming they would have been removed from the blue/grey version, especially in view of your description which shows that to be a "late" version.

To answer both posts, the blue and green ones did not have headlights. I've got a thought that the blue one (incorrectly) had black triangles at both ends. Not sure on the roof i'm afraid. I didn't have a camera with me though my dad took a few photo's of it. I'll see if I can get him to email them to me and post them on. Sorry - was to busy salivating over the blue/grey one. Looked perfect!

Looks nice did you get a sort of head on shot at all ?? Also is it still the old Snowplough style where you could have coupling in the middle & two Snowploughs each side??

James

'friad not - was just a quick phone camera job - however I can tell you the snowploughs are different - basically the same in design to those provided with the Class 47s - which means while they look much better, you can't have a coupling and two ploughs at one end unsure.gif

Bruce

• RMweb Premium

Bruce

What was the issue with the ends on 37 406 and 37428?

More good news! In the 10000/10001 thread, look at the photo. Above the 'Twin' is a green 2-EPB with the guard's periscopes over the guard's van! Hoorah! Bachmann have listened to comments or noticed their earlier 'deliberate mistake'! Sorted - and they did occasionally get East of Gillingham, but mustn't turn this into a wishlist for a 2-HAP! (Sorry, Andy Y!)

Well spotted! The EPB looks great. Good to see a bit of the blue-grey version peeking through too. Sorry for my naiivety but I'm only just getting re-acquainted with the hobby after several years; once a model is shown at Warley in as advanced state as the EBP, does it give any indication as to when we might see it in shops?

'friad not - was just a quick phone camera job - however I can tell you the snowploughs are different - basically the same in design to those provided with the Class 47s - which means while they look much better, you can't have a coupling and two ploughs at one end unsure.gif

Bruce

Oh dam thats a shame as I like having two snowploughs and the couplings together as i think there too plan without them even the real 37s hope when Model rail do there DRS 37409 it be the old style if not then it be a body change so I can have a two snowploughs and the couplings together :D

Cheers

James

Bruce

Oh damn - missed seeing this - now I want one :rolleyes:

have a photo of 37414 leaving Grain with a train of RUDD's that I'd always fancied as a train on the layout but the previous versions were just too wrong

Of note the Blue/Grey version has NSE flashes, Kent Link Branding and a red stripe over the Compartment area. Headlights are also fitted.

Well, that screws that up for me. I'll have to change my order from one blue and one blue/grey to two blue units. Whilst the red stripe and the NSE stuff would probably be removable, the headlight would be a problem. I just hope that some enterprising model railway shop commissions non-refurbished, pre-NSE blue/grey units, that's all.

What was the issue with the ends on 37 406 and 37428?

For some reason they came with Headboard brackets, which although fitted to several 37/5s and 37/7s - non of the 37/4s carried them.

Whilst I say the ends they are "correct" - they aren't completely - they are correct for a lot of 37/4s (including 37417 which is what mine will become), however 37415 had Western Region lamp iron brackets - which to date Bachmann haven't attempted - and it looks like their model of 415 will be no except to that rule.

Bruce

• RMweb Premium

I've just noticed forum member Ian J has posted a photo featuring all three EPBs on the Warley thread in the Exhibitions section. They look brilliant.

Hopefully someone at Bachmann will attend to the mistake on the all blue one, the black triangle appears on the non guards van end!!

A tad embarrassing... :blink:

Hopefully someone at Bachmann will attend to the mistake on the all blue one, the black triangle appears on the non guards van end!!

A tad embarrassing... :blink:

Perhaps they just took two 'power' cars to the exhibition by mistake. Looking at the headcode panels, the other two units appear to be showing red blocks at one end and white blocks at the other, whereas the blue units shows white blocks at both ends, which supports that theory. Did the two cars exhibited there have the same number?

Excellent pictures by the way... without them I would probably have ended up with an unwanted red-striped headlamp-fitted NSE-flashed unit...

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps they just took two 'power' cars to the exhibition by mistake. Looking at the headcode panels, the other two units appear to be showing red blocks at one end and white blocks at the other, whereas the blue units shows white blocks at both ends, which supports that theory. Did the two cars exhibited there have the same number?

Excellent pictures by the way... without them I would probably have ended up with an unwanted red-striped headlamp-fitted NSE-flashed unit...

Sadly not the case. The unit is "correct" with a motor coach and trailer. The inverted triangle is supposed to be on the end that has the brake van, for early advice to staff loading mail/parcels at stations. This unit would cause some confusion - and not a little Anglo-Saxon - by misleading the staff!

Archived