Bachmann pre-production samples

Andy Y

All are pre-production/paint samples and subject to amendment.

2-EPB

2EPBa.jpg 

03a.jpg

03b.jpg

70.jpg

105.jpg

Auto-Ballaster

AB1.jpg

JPA Bulk Powder

Cement.jpg

IPA Car Transporter

Car.jpg

LNER Steel High Sides

LNERa.jpg

LNERb.jpg

TPO (Modelzone commission)

TPO.jpg

Can hardly wait for the 2-EPB to arrive!

You wouldn't have said that if you were a commuter in the 1970's on a cold winter's day and that is what DID arrive vice the 8 car you were expecting!!

• RMweb Premium

You wouldn't have said that if you were a commuter in the 1970's on a cold winter's day and that is what DID arrive vice the 8 car you were expecting!!

Oh I don't know... Those were the days when you were actually warm enough on the train - unless you were one of the unlucky ones standing next to the drafty door ;)

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I notice all the recent Bachmann images are of the same side of the 105 DMBS. The original photo on their website showed the other side which had an error in the position of the window in the guards door. The window should be in the door of the pair nearest the rear of the car on both sides. Can anyone confirm that they have updated the tooling to reflect this?

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Wow....... Just, wow!cool.gif

The RTR quality keeps on getting better & better. Even if things aren't mm perfect, the look of these samples is really impressive. I would definitely be frightened to take a knife or paintbrush to something of this quality.....excl.gif

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I notice all the recent Bachmann images are of the same side of the 105 DMBS. The original photo on their website showed the other side which had an error in the position of the window in the guards door. The window should be in the door of the pair nearest the rear of the car on both sides. Can anyone confirm that they have updated the tooling to reflect this?

Cheers

Paul

It looks like they have. The Green with SYP image on the Bachmann website is of the other side and the right hand (i.e. rear) door has the window Class 105 SYP.

Those Autoballasters look pretty well made and very accurate. Those LNER wagons too might have to have a few purchases too, especially given I wasnt going to but cant resist anything from my area when its in a nice Bachmann box.... oddly enough on my layout the two types could very well appear side by side!

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the TPO, my wife ordered it for me as a Christmas present - Christmas 09 that is! The 03 looks nice although I hope Bachmann might include a blanking piece to replace the NEM pocket for us 3 link modellers, not the end of the world if they don't, just means I have to do some modelling.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the NEM pocket on the 2EPB is fixed on, or part of, the bogie frame, thus making proper inter-unit close-coupling impossible - just like on the 4CEP. Spoiling the ship for a ha'p'worth of tar again. Pity.

Guest Max Stafford

Looks like the standard close-coupling Mk1 configuration to me, Dogmatix. Plenty of plug in close couplers you can use there. If you're not dragging the units with a loco Kadee 19 or 20 will probably do you.

Nice model, but not in my area of interest - unless they do the North Tyneside variant!(hint) ;)

Dave.

Strange you should mention the Tyneside version. The sample at DEMU Showcase had the roof guard lookouts in the position as on the Tyneside version. I pointed this out to Backmann.Looks very good in all other respects.

Cheers.

Archived