The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Facebook Farming

Mickey

A young lady friend of mine recently got me into this particularly inane but addictive way of wasting ones life...

I wondered if any of you fine chaps (and chapesses!) partook of a bit of online agriculture too? biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

I use Facebook to keep in touch with distant friends and to reunite with old ones. I occasionally use it to place targetted adverts.

As for anything else I think this sums it up http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-dont-care-about-your-farm-or-your-fish-or-your-park-or-your-mafia/207382931457?ref=search Can over 6 million people be wrong? B)

I am on Facebook, but steer clear of the games - with the exception of Scrabble, which I play with one of my friends.

Several of my friends are complete addicts - Farmville, Happy Aquarium, Mafia Wars, you name it. There's even one where you run a virtual restaurant. Can't say that I can really see the point of it, but there you go!

I use to play Farmville but removed the app last week as its getting too big for its boots in add ons compared to how it was last year. I do play Mafia Wars but its not an obssesive thing. My news feed is filled with people saying that fertilised or fed something.

I was in at the beginning of Farmville, but as it went overboard with all apps and such, I left it for dead.

I have a model railroad to build, and I rather spend one hour a day at that than on Farmville.

Because in the end, if I would have spent the time on the computer instead of building, I wouldn´t have nothing to show for it.

I use my farcebook strictly for keeping in touch with family and a few old friends. Everything else is locked down so that I'm invisible outside my friends list. The first thing I did was suppress updates from all those stupid farmville, mafia, moron games, etc. Call me a grumpy old man but I really don't give a flying f**k at a rolling doughnut if you just grew a f**king zuccini! angry.gif

I respect the rights of those people who don't like this sort of thing and block all things Farmville (I should imagine they get quite annoying if you don't play yourself), but I do like it as a bit of a brainless way to unwind at the end of a long stressful day! It doesn't do anyone any harm, I get to play (compete wink.gif ) along with friends across the globe, and I can set my farmer doing his daily chores while I check this forum! Anyway, there's nothing on the TV so why not!? I know some people get rather obsessed and even spend money on it to buy virtual things for their farms blink.gif and I suppose the answer to what's the point is that there is no point, but as I said it is supposed to be fun so why not have fun playing if you enjoy it and block it if you don't!

• RMweb Gold

I have to admit to having a go at running a farm on facebook, moved onto running a cafe and am now being a pioneer out at the frontier... only trouble is that the games are a little much for my computer

I deactivated my FB account last week... biggrin.gif

Y e e e s s s . . . and y'know, even if you only return to it in a year's time, it will still be there, waiting for you as though you'd never been away.

No such thing as a deleted account. Farcebook is there to keep everything you've ever put there. Forever.

• RMweb Gold

Y e e e s s s . . . and y'know, even if you only return to it in a year's time, it will still be there, waiting for you as though you'd never been away.

No such thing as a deleted account. Farcebook is there to keep everything you've ever put there. Forever.

Yep, I know that and I will probably be back once I have the time and inclination. That's why I said deactivated. I never did play farmville or mafia wars etc. though, the occasional Scrabble being about my only game played. I was/am a member of the previously mentioned group further up the thread... though I preferred a group that a friend joined, something about burning down you farm and using the aquarium water to fight the fire..... lol

Andi

This is a bit like the High Court Judge who once asked "Who's Gazza?" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Reminds me of the 'Not the Nine O'Clock News' sketch where the judge didn't know what a 'Video Recorder' and similar 'new' items were, but knew exactly what the 'Delux Model Inflatable Doll' was !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I occasionally use it to update friends and others regarding family news etc. The best use for it (and MSN) I find is to keep up to date with what my two teenagers are up to, all I usually get when I ask them a question is "Yeah", "no" etc, however I can find out where they are going, who they are seeing etc just by logging onto the computer. It doesn't cost me any money or involve any teenage angst :0

TTFN

D5580

Archived