RMweb

Formula 1 2022

didcot

FIA warns teams are set to bring upgrades that may not be permitted by new regulations.

Teams are set to bring upgrades that may not be legal.

https://scuderiafans.com/fia-warns-teams-are-set-to-bring-upgrades-that-may-not-be-permitted-by-new-regulations/?fbclid=IwAR11o9CEYPUILUc1Go467tKWnJ4vVtx05o6juaUoUpTW-aX9ghoGeqxn4cU

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

FIA warns teams are set to bring upgrades that may not be permitted by new regulations.

https://scuderiafans.com/fia-warns-teams-are-set-to-bring-upgrades-that-may-not-be-permitted-by-new-regulations/?fbclid=IwAR11o9CEYPUILUc1Go467tKWnJ4vVtx05o6juaUoUpTW-aX9ghoGeqxn4cU

All except Red Bull?

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

"From FIA sources, AMuS heard that they [the FIA] can already see from the CAD (Computer Aided Design) data for the legality check of the upgrades, that some teams are bringing upgrades [to Bahrain] that do not quite correspond to the spirit of the regulations."

Since when has the legality of F1 car design been decided on the spirit, rather than the letter, of the regulations?

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Russian drivers banned from British GP https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60586914

52 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Now lets see the rest of the world follow.

Just as I surmised might happen on the previous page. GOOD.

Posted 16 hours ago

Russian drivers escape FIA ban, Nikita Mazepin clear to race.

I think some Countries may have a different view.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 37114 said:

I still think there is a strong chance he won't be in the car come the 1st race, if there is no money from Uralkali then there is no Nikita in the car...

You mean to say that Mazespin is not in F1 solely due to his talent? :sarcastic:

• Funny 8

5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Max Verstappen set for huge new Red Bull deal, reported to be worth $40 million a year.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/33403894/max-verstappen-set-huge-new-red-bull-deal-reported-worth-40-million-year

That's what the title of World Champion usually brings*, regardless of how it finally gets decided.

*Not for Nigel Mansell or Damon Hill: They were already out of contract by the time they won their world titles.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, didcot said:

My eldest tells me Mazaspin out and Fittipaldi in. Official statement to follow apparently. Not sure where he got it from, so watch this space as it were!

We were talking about this at work last night. 

The comments from Gunther naming Fittipaldi over the last week or so and the way the press comments were worded had us both certain that F1's number one driver (as we referred Mazepin) would be out in very short order. 

I read this morning about his dad forcing the team to swap (threat of pulling sponsorship) the cars because his son didn't have a fair deal last year. He was just as bad, whichever chassis he had. Better off without a sponsor like that pulling the strings, regardless of the current politics 

Jo

• Agree 6

Russia has made itself persona non grata in both industry and sport .

Although  i do feel for those who have no direct control over what putin has done but still get to reap the whirlwind 

• Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1

55 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Russia has made itself persona non grata in both industry and sport .

Although  i do feel for those who have no direct control over what putin has done but still get to reap the whirlwind 

though not as much as I feel for the Ukrainians.....who really do fall into that category! Daniil Kvyat was saying it was not fair etc at the  weekend - and yes it is not "fair" but you know, there's fair and there's fair

Edited by The Lurker
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold

War isn’t fair, it’s insane and we literally pay for it for years mentally and financially. Danil should remember it’s not fair to have missiles hit your flat either before speaking out without tempering it with comparison. 

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Steadfast said:

I read this morning about his dad forcing the team to swap (threat of pulling sponsorship) the cars because his son didn't have a fair deal last year. He was just as bad, whichever chassis he had. Better off without a sponsor like that pulling the strings, regardless of the current politics 

Jo

All the money in the world can’t make the talentless talented.

That said they may still get a Knighthood from their equally talentless leader.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Darius43 said:

All the money in the world can’t make the talentless talented.

To be fair to him he's not talentless, just one step higher than he should be, he won races in F2 and other formulas, but not championships.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Aston Martin: Team on track to be F1 contenders by 2025 says Mike Krack.

Poor fellow - that's one of those names that's always going to raise a laugh somewhere.  "He was here a minute ago, now he's wandered off.  Have you seen Mike Krack?"  (sniggers)

• Like 1
  • Funny 9