Youtube Rapido Announcement 07.30 - The Cat is Amongst the Pigeons

Garethp8873

Like the "Lion" duplication,  perhaps Rapido have wind of an upcoming Hornby announcement due later that day and are getting in first with a product which both companies are duplicating.  Maybe not pigeons but perhaps letting the cat out of the bag.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

The Hornby announcement is 7am. Half an hour before the Rapido announcement 

Ah yes the Hornby one that was due at 10 a.m. but suddenly changed time, a tad suspicious!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

11 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Ah yes the Hornby one that was due at 10 a.m. but suddenly changed time, a tad suspicious!

If I was Rapido, I'd announce that the announcement would be at any unannounced time prior to 7am. on 10/01/22.

That'd stymie Hornby and, if they simultaneously posted here at the same time as making the announcement, it'd still have maximum impact!

CJI.

• Like 4

Well there are a few cats to consider. 

Various locos called ‘Lion’ both steam and diesel, and various Tiger wagons. 

But then if road vehicles are on the table there are Leopards and other Leylands.

I won’t speculate on the pigeons!

• Like 1

Perhaps Rapido could learn from my experience with U.S. president's arrivals downunder.  I worked for 35 years at Sydney airport and saw several presidential arrivals.  The scheduled arrival would always be at a specific time,  but the entourage would arrive around thirty minutes earlier than scheduled.  When I enquired with the security detail why the arrivals are always earlier than scheduled,  the response was to confuse people who perhaps had evil intent.  Maybe Rapido could do a last minute reschedule of their You-Tube timing.  That would have tongues wagging about dirty tactics.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

If I was Rapido, I'd announce that the announcement would be at any unannounced time prior to 7am. on 10/01/22.

That'd stymie Hornby and, if they simultaneously posted here at the same time as making the announcement, it'd still have maximum impact!

CJI.

My guess is there’s possibly two Rapido videos, either one to be released after Hornby’s announcement.

One for scenario ‘A’

and

One for scenario ‘B’

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Another possibility is a sample of Lion to counter Hornby's expected official announcement of their version, thus further (in addition to the official movie tie in) working at convincing people to order the Rapido version instead of the Hornby version.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Harlequin said:

This will be interesting!

It might be even more interesting that people think it will be ;)

And no doubt Rapido could bring theres forward to Sunday evening if they think there's a need to do so and I have a feeling that Hornby's IT dept are unlikely to work on Sundays :jester:

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 8
  • Funny 1

Why does it matter what time something is announced or who announces something first if there is possible duplication?  Surely what matters is when a model is delivered or in the case of two models being delivered at about the same time, which gets the better reviews.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, GWR-fan said:

Perhaps "insider" information?

Nah - none at all.   Just a bit of thought about some possible wider implications of a potential Hornby announcement.  But on the other hand Rapido always like to have a bit of fun when announcing announcements so it might be no more that that?  But it does leave one wondering why Hornby have suddenly broken their own embargo to come out with a You Tube item at 07.00 doesn't it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4