SECR 10t Covered Goods Wagon & 2 Plank Ballast Wagon

rapidoandy

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Big James said:

Just checked the Facebook page. Apparently these are about the leave the factory. 

Big James

They do look very nice too.

1247570121_Rapidovans.jpg.204d08c19c438175b27b94218bc197d5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• 2 months later...

Rapido had some on display at Uckfield yesterday.  They said that they are expecting their shipment to be delivered tomorrow, and then sent out to the various outlets during the next week, so I am expecting a phone call to go and collect my order.

Colin

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, MartinM said:

I was asked for payment yesterday on these some hopefully in the next day or so. 

Yes, my retailer today requested full payment on my pre-order.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Just got my 2, very excited.

AA289CC8-5923-4F1E-9996-8FCAD8B24BC7_1_201_a.jpeg.2dada996386a5d681dfdea0b0a9cf2f2.jpeg

I am really pleased that the factory were able to reproduce things like the Lifted/Painted dates, and the way that the oiling date panel is a separately defined colour.

Planning to give them a coat of matt lacquer to tone down the shininess a bit, hopefully the weather tomorrow is suitable!

04D43B61-E668-45BA-9550-D27EF8550D6D_1_201_a.jpeg.cf78edca3e2e9d5cc213336ef4d2d392.jpeg

19B57A0F-3CD1-420A-8F2E-C79F4DE9D81B.jpeg.9f8bd44ecffcc390f923f30a6c171744.jpeg

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 9

Really pleased with these 4 that I definitely haven't had since Tuesday. 🤫

I origonally ordered all post 1936 versions but when I went to pick them up I changed my mind for a bit of variety as there were spares. 

20221018_174119.jpg.8280344eaeb4e080a135ca92e7713a1f.jpg

20221020_213303.jpg.6ca2d6583a5946dae1ac3157dab9aeba.jpg

Just in time for my birthday tomorrow 🥳 hopefully get them on the layout over the weekend! 

I advise not using my pics to comment on shades of brown, the lighting in my flat is not great, wait for the professionals! 😅

• Like 6

Testing them out today, running very prototypical with 2/3s of a malachite birdcage set that arrived today, let's say one of the breaks recieved bomb damage but the service must go on and some important goods had to go with it, yep! :p

Birdcages from Derails, £39 each, bargain! Just wasn't  fast enough to get all 3 (if anyone has 39-623 they want to shift at a tasty price drop me a message :p

Wagons purchased from Train Times and continue the excellence we've come to expect from Rapido products. 

Edit: something a little more sensible 

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Testing them out today, running very prototypical with 2/3s of a malachite birdcage set that arrived today, let's say one of the brakes received bomb damage ...

Ah - I wondered who'd hoovered those coaches up before I'd spotted the e-mail and clicked through .......... I suspect your passengers will be in the dark in the surviving brake - though I don't know exactly how the power was shared between the three coaches !

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

I suspect your passengers will be in the dark in the surviving brake - though I don't know exactly how the power was shared between the three coaches !

Through lighting cables!

In SECR days the dynamo for all three coaches was in the centre composite to charge the batteries on all 3 - but with the transfer away from front line duties to slow branch line duties by the SR a second Dynamo was added to one of the Brake coaches as the charging provided by just a single Dynamo was insufficient.

Technically as you only have 2 rather than the full set of 3 a single Dynamo stands a better chanced of being sufficient were such a setup used in real life

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

My van arrived by post late morning on Saturday and by the evening I had changed the wheels, removed the auto couplings and replaced them with three links, added some weight and weathering and placed it at the head of a train.  Oh, and I had a trip across to the Dean Forest Railway to catch some real steam on the last day of BST!  I am delighted with the latest from Rapido! 2022624766_P1030153(4).JPG.c455c723bc1970c066778b40a67f7a5d.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hattons have obviously received their allocation too - I got the notification overnight that my pre-order had been processed. Two 10T vans are now sitting in my trunk awaiting further pre-ordered stuff to make the trip to Australia with!