Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

To my eyes, it looks like Accurascale have targeted holes left by Hornby for their first run of models.

Surely that makes sense as it increases the likelyhood of people choosing to purchase an Accurascale model even if they already have Hornby's model.

Secure some income on the investment in the tooling in run 1. Then increase the range into more duplicates in run 2  allowing those who purchased models in run 1 to have the finances available for another one.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

25 minutes ago, McC said:

If we fail on our quest to secure a Mirlees sound recording we're happy with, then yes, we'll add the 'AccuraThrash' big speaker into the DCC ready version.

"Tang ban", thank you Fran.  (I know it was McC answered but that doesn't rhyme).

I assume this is the Mini Thrash speaker?  Acknowledging that it's dangerous to assume anything on this thread at the moment.

Accurascale-31-SpeakerOrWhat.jpg.53bfcc2f0becfd723e6e09f3ac08b73a.jpg

And thanks again for answering trivial questions at what must be a very busy time.

P

• RMweb Gold

Correct, the 'mini thrash' is on the left, and the 'mega thrash' on the right (you can just make out the 'accurathrash' branding on the sound chamber enclosure (not sanctioned brand names! :) ) Both work together with the sound project to deliver the relevant frequencies :)

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

To my eyes, it looks like Accurascale have targeted holes left by Hornby for their first run of models.

Surely that makes sense as it increases the likelyhood of people choosing to purchase an Accurascale model even if they already have Hornby's model.

Secure some income on the investment in the tooling in run 1. Then increase the range into more duplicates in run 2  allowing those who purchased models in run 1 to have the finances available for another one.

You're right, but i think the main competition for the accurascale 31 is actually the Hornby railroad 31.  The full fat Hornby is likely dead in the water.  At a touch under £70 more expensive and with lesser specifications you really would have to like gsyp to buy one.

'infrastructure' and 'rtc' are two 31's missing from the announcement.  I would almost bet my house that a retailer commissions one or both of these.

Im quite sure gsyp will appear, just like tpe appeared on the Hornby Hitachi's.  

Funny to see a forum mirror life - patience and understanding seems to have long since vanished.  All about me me me now

• Agree 1

All depends on if you purchased a Hornby version previously and if you are wanting a direct duplicate of that model.

I just think it makes more business sense to target the widest possible customer base with your intial run.

If anything, Accurascale are spoiling us here with the wide range of livery options they have chosen. Previously, you'd be lucky to get a few green versions and a blue one in a first announcement. You would have to wait a few years for a ru  of later liveries if those required a retool.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

'infrastructure' and 'rtc' are two 31's missing from the announcement.  I would almost bet my house that a retailer commissions one or both of these.

Hornby's 97204 (IIRC) is still in stock with Kernow, I expect that needs to sell out before anyone goes near it again realistically?

"I have a couple on order and will wait until other preserved examples arrive", so the wife has informed me or was that told me, different when she wants clothes or shoes. What's wrong with a naturist lifestyle with a trainset :scratchhead:

Edited by Chilly
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Quick question 5803 GFYE is shown in the artwork as D5803 just wondered which it is, with the D or not? 

With the D on this example. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, McC said:

Thanks, maybe worth just amending the description to show this, maybe a little picky but it could change peoples thoughts. Would be interested to know which model has been the most popular as you have done previously :good:

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, McC said:

Good picture here of D5803 in Feb 1969 at Donny with a 'D' visible:

BR 01036   Doncaster   A1A A1a 2   D5803   NCL - LIN   15.2.1969

(photo from Flickr, click on image for live link).

The 1973 photos I posted above (again from Flickr) have a faint 'D' on 5803 hauling the Worcester-Padd train and a visible but very 'scrubbed' looking 'D' on the OOC image the same year.

cheers,

Keith

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Thanks, maybe worth just amending the description to show this, maybe a little picky but it could change peoples thoughts. Would be interested to know which model has been the most popular as you have done previously :good:

duly amended! Sales and orders have certainly been very brisk, you can stack the range by ‘best selling’ already on the website which will show you the most popular so far…

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/brush-type-2-class-30-31?grid_list=grid-view

6 minutes ago, McC said:

duly amended! Sales and orders have certainly been very brisk, you can stack the range by ‘best selling’ already on the website which will show you the most popular so far…

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/brush-type-2-class-30-31?grid_list=grid-view

Thanks for that. I was going to pre order the intercity version with my next paycheck. However, it looks like 31110 will be next to be pre ordered, then the intercity version. :)

Edited by PieGuyRob
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Din said:

Why is it the small producers are going to be the ones to drive me to bankruptcy this year?

At least they give you the opportunity to pay in installments to spread the cost on the way to financial ruin! :D

Edited by PieGuyRob
Missed out a word in all the excitement.
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, McC said:

Perfect, now to make sure I can remove the D from my preordered one :sclerosis:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, McC said:

Sorry me again with another Q the artwork looks like a blue data panel is that correct?