The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that irritate me ... in one sentence only.

spikey

• RMweb Gold

"Oxford commas" - by which I mean commas immediately before the word "and" - terrible grammar.

(Just for information, I agree with the observation about music - but then I've always preferred Mozart piano concertos to the latest sampled / rehashed **##&&@@**££##!!** being plugged on the "cr@p and cackle" radio stations.)

Edited by Huw Griffiths
Typo
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BoD said:

Basically, those who use the word basically at the beginning or end of every sentence, basically.

So I was finkin, like, if they'res like anuvver fing like as irritatin like as basicleigh?

(That's a rising inflexion at the end, but I've only got a ? to indicate it).

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

RMWEB not fixing the slow operation, the descending white bar, and the stupid video that take up a 1/4 of the screen  on Android  tablets.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Hroth said:

"Classic" FM.

(Bleeding chunks of decent music, modern undeveloped music built on a repeated simple theme and semi-literate film music.)

The worst radio station - apart from all others that have been tried. (I can take it, in small doses, which is more than can be said for that "joke" my brother insists on putting through the stereo in the hire car, whenever he visits. He seems to like a channel of miscellaneous "pop / rock", interspersed with sound-only "comedy sketches" that seem almost as funny as root canal surgery.)

Edited by Huw Griffiths

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Huw Griffiths said:

All at eye watering prices.

I wonder if it will all end in tiers.

Different price levels? depending how much you cry?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

The tendency of late middle aged and older blokes to fixate upon, and get needlessly irritated by, trivial things like the poor use of English, when their grumpiness could be better deployed upon genuinely important matters like the many persistent injustices in the world, or mitigated by focusing instead on the positive aspects of life, which they appear wilfully blind to.

One's inability to effect meaningful change in the world's persistent injustices merely by redeploying grumpiness (if only.....)

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Huw Griffiths said:

The worst radio station - apart from all others that have been tried. (I can take it, in small doses, which is more than can be said for that "joke" my brother insists on putting through the stereo in the hire car, whenever he visits. He seems to like a channel of miscellaneous "pop / rock", interspersed with sound-only "comedy sketches" that seem almost as funny as root canal surgery.)

Getting fed up with Classic FM and trying Scala...