Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

LNER Dynamometer car - run 2!

rapidoandy

On 10/11/2022 at 17:00, Coldgunner said:

@rapidoandy I've yet to send mine off, is there a deadline for sending it back or can I hang on until the parts are in stock for a quick turnaround?

my guess on this is that the longer you wait to send it, the longer until it comes back. As I understand what is happening, waiting for supplies is only one factor in the turnaround and the majority of the time the model spends away will be determined by the Labour involved in getting the corrections made to the lighting circuit. For my part, sending it off as soon as possible is the best bet to get it back quickly 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/11/2022 at 03:46, Bucoops said:

I assume this may be why my one from Kernow hasn't been invoiced and despatched yet (I messaged them a few days back and unusually no reply so far).

Hugely frustrating for you guys :(

Had to message them again but all sorted now - will patiently await the modified version :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Anyone had theirs returned yet?

Mine was sent back a month ago - no response or sign of anything!!

Al.

They are waiting for the replacement PCBs to get to the warehouse before they can swap them in. When the recall happened it was a matter of urgency to prevent people using the model and risking damage.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Anyone had theirs returned yet?

Mine was sent back a month ago - no response or sign of anything!!

Al.

the timeframe given at time of return was 8-10 weeks and by my reckoning we are about five weeks out from the day of the recall announcement.

That timeframe was also a ‘best estimate’ at the time, there are potential for more delays which couldn’t be foreseen.

• Like 2

E-mail received today from Hattons advising 'Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between January 2023 & March 2023'.

I'm in the position of having ordered through Hattons for my 'Trunk' so Hattons organised the return to Rapido following the recall.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Matabiau said:

Still no news for overseas returns? Mine hasn't moved from the dining room table since it arrived (other than to sneak a peek at it and drool of course). At this rate it will have pride of place at my christmas dinner.

We are currently asking overseas buyers to hold off on sending them back. Apologies for the wait, we understand it is frustrating. I believe (although Andy may correct me) that the PCBs are in transit from China to the UK.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Progress is being made! It’s going to take a little time but we are on the home straight.

To give everyone an idea of what we have to do -

The PCBs arrive as produced in blocks of 10 - these need cutting apart and the ends removing.

Car needs unboxing.

Body removed

PCB removed

PCB installed

Contact spring checked

Body reassembled

Test electronics

Visual check and rectify any other faults

Box model

Complete paperwork.

Repeat 2999 more times…

Sort shipping.

All is done by hand and it is taking time but progress is being made. I might even work over Christmas to progress it…

Happy Christmas everyone.

Andy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rapidoandy said:

All is done by hand and it is taking time but progress is being made. I might even work over Christmas to progress it

Gawd have a break, enough of us have to work it, and that’s said by someone waiting for Derails to get their batch back. Dad is getting a nice photo of it for Xmas as he’s more than happy to wait and it’ll give them an excuse for another visit when it arrives 😆

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

Progress is being made! It’s going to take a little time but we are on the home straight.

To give everyone an idea of what we have to do -

The PCBs arrive as produced in blocks of 10 - these need cutting apart and the ends removing.

Car needs unboxing.

Body removed

PCB removed

PCB installed

Contact spring checked

Body reassembled

Test electronics

Visual check and rectify any other faults

Box model

Complete paperwork.

Repeat 2999 more times…

Sort shipping.

All is done by hand and it is taking time but progress is being made. I might even work over Christmas to progress it…

Happy Christmas everyone.

Andy

Thanks for all you’re doing, and the updates. I for one would be happy to wait a little longer - you guys all deserve a break!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

DYNO CAR UPDATE (reposting this from social media in case anyone has missed it).

We have managed to replace the faulty PCBs in all of the dynamometer cars that have been sent to us, these will be sent back to customers over the next few days.
International customers - we will be getting in touch imminently regarding the repairs.
If you have a 2nd run dyno car that you haven't sent in yet, please fill in the recall form here:
https://rapidotrains.co.uk/recall/

RTUK-dynos-galore-SQ.jpg.bd07b19c531767c0364da0fec97f4c91.jpg

Edited by RapidoCorbs
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Well done. Just received mine back today as well. You should all receive a hearty pat on the back for how well you have sorted this problem both as promptly and professionally as possible whilst being human about it. It has given me a lot of confidence going forward to give you more of my hard earned money knowing that any fault may be dealt with in this manner.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Well that was a very pleasant surprise this morning, apart from a very confused exchange with the postman, insisting it couldn't be a package for me as I'd adamantly not ordered anything recently!

Thanks very much indeed Rapido. Hope the sponge tiling for the lorry unloading bay floor is coming along nicely...

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, RapidoCorbs said:

DYNO CAR UPDATE (reposting this from social media in case anyone has missed it).

We have managed to replace the faulty PCBs in all of the dynamometer cars that have been sent to us, these will be sent back to customers over the next few days.
International customers - we will be getting in touch imminently regarding the repairs.
If you have a 2nd run dyno car that you haven't sent in yet, please fill in the recall form here:
https://rapidotrains.co.uk/recall/

RTUK-dynos-galore-SQ.jpg.bd07b19c531767c0364da0fec97f4c91.jpg

Does this include the models to retailers as mine was recalled from my retailer before I had a chance to collect  it?