RMweb

Warley National Exhibition 26th & 27th November 2022

Chris M

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, TomJ said:

Are advanced tickets valid for either day? I’ve already got my tickets, was planning on coming Saturday but might switch to Sunday

AFAIK they are just "one day tickets" which can be used either day.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andymsa said:

are you suggesting the trader discounts the cost of entry, I’m sure this is not a viable option for them as that discount would not make it worthwhile for them to make a sale.

No, I'm suggesting that those of us who can't make it still buy a ticket anyway (to help Warley cover their costs) and go on retailers' websites and buy what we would have bought anyway (so that the retailers don't lose out on sales).

Whilst arguably it leaves us out of pocket in buying a ticket to something we didn't attend, it's money that we would have spent had we gone, and we'll still have saved the cost of getting there/parking.

• RMweb Gold

For those in the know. We will be staying central Birmingham and I WAS going out to the NEC by train on Saturday and Sunday. What bus service would be my best alternative if trains are completely off ? Any advice gratefully received 

Edited by Matt C

48 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

No, I'm suggesting that those of us who can't make it still buy a ticket anyway (to help Warley cover their costs) and go on retailers' websites and buy what we would have bought anyway (so that the retailers don't lose out on sales).

Whilst arguably it leaves us out of pocket in buying a ticket to something we didn't attend, it's money that we would have spent had we gone, and we'll still have saved the cost of getting there/parking.

Although a very laudable idea, I don’t think many would want to part with £20

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Matt C said:

For those in the know. We will be staying central Birmingham and I WAS going out to the NEC by train on Saturday and Sunday. What bus service would be my best alternative if trains are completely off ? Any advice gratefully received 

I'm not exactly in the know, but there appears to be an X12 service

which runs from the coach station to the NEC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt C said:

51 minutes ago, rab said:

I'm not exactly in the know, but there appears to be an X12 service

which runs from the coach station to the NEC.

The X1 is timetabled to take about 30 minutes, the X12 is nearly twice that time.

In theory the train is there to take the strain, but there is an obvious need for an Interurban/Light rail. Just don't get the Warwick Manufacturing Group involved ..

12 hours ago, Matt C said:

The X1 is by far the fastest way of doing it, although the X12 will get you there eventually too. You can catch the X1 opposite moor street station by the bullring and the X12 from Priory Queensway just outside of the large B&M.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

Morally though, how much profit does an average show make from one punter? I'd say no more than £1 or £2 on average and certtnot proportionally higher for larger shows, so in terms of making a donation this is all you'd need to make. 

It might be worthy of another thread but then again alot of shows keep that information private and it's only get locked very quickly.

2 hours ago, 298 said:

Morally though, how much profit does an average show make from one punter? I'd say no more than £1 or £2 on average and certtnot proportionally higher for larger shows, so in terms of making a donation this is all you'd need to make. 

It might be worthy of another thread but then again alot of shows keep that information private and it's only get locked very quickly.

It's not about covering their profits. Hiring Hall 5 of the NEC won't be cheap. Nor the hotel bills and fuel expenses of the operators.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

It's not about covering their profits. Hiring Hall 5 of the NEC won't be cheap. Nor the hotel bills and fuel expenses of the operators.

this does raise the long term viability of the larger shows in respect to covering costs.

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, 298 said:

Usually, no profit is made from any punter until the number that are required to break even [*] is reached through the door.

Then it's virtually the full admission price from each one that all wnet to the club coffers.

I could always tell when the "break-even" number was reached at our show by the look on the treasurer's face. 

[*] This wasn't an exact number as there were always a few variables in the final accounts to be totted up after the show, but the treasurer had a reasonable idea to within a couple of 10s of visitor numbers.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1