Warley National Exhibition 26th & 27th November 2022

Chris M

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Kaput said:

The Bachmann scrum is a perk of the collector's club now, pretty sure it won't be returning to Warley or any other exhibition.

just as well I’m in the collectors club then! 

Drove my hire car from coleshill toward the NEC last night to get onto the M42, less enthusiastic about maybe doing it on my bike now, awful road even if I use my cycling navigation app to keep off the busy bits!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, melmerby said:

Odd

I can download the pdf from the Warley page without a problem but that link claims to be an insecure site.

That's because it's on an http://, rather than https://, location.

Re Bachmann scrum, from my patchy memory I think last time in 2019 the sell off area for Bachmann was separate from their main stand, and at or near the back of the hall with little to mark it out as so, and much smaller.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, melmerby said:

Odd

I can download the pdf from the Warley page without a problem but that link claims to be an insecure site.

Wouldn't worry too much, it just means being HTTP rather than HTTPS that any information entered is not encrypted before being transmitted.  As this is just a link to obtain a PDF and no personal information is being requested it's not a problem.

Unsecure is not the same as unsafe and Norton was not ringing any alarms when I went to the link.

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Re Bachmann scrum, from my patchy memory I think last time in 2019 the sell off area for Bachmann was separate from their main stand, and at or near the back of the hall with little to mark it out as so, and much smaller.

I think it had been there a couple of years and not part of the main stand.

And last time not much worth having.

My best finds there were, on seperate occasions, Panniers sold "as seen" for about 25% new price and being absolutely perfect as new.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Full floor plan and list

http://thewarleyshow.co.uk/pdf/2022 hall plan.pdf

The layouts are usually indicated in bold, but there are at least two that aren't.

E02 is one of them.

(The answer to E02 may be in my sig.)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully I can navigate my way in onThursday (floor markings out checks and table setting out). Friday I will park in the car park and walk in as the NEC parking system is not really set up for non commercial users.

Hopefully allwill be well and I can dosome weathering on my demo stand (A57P) at the show.. bring some stock to try it on!

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

So my original plan was to head down Friday night from Newcastle on the train and stay overnight at NEC Hilton as I booked this ages ago with discount through work so was under £100 with Breakfast and then train back on Saturday. Thankfully got a friend who is driving down Saturday so getting a lift back to Leeds and then staying overnight with his in-laws and then back to Newcastle the Sunday morning on the train... ...hopefully get some delay repay too since I'm in no rush!

• Like 2

As we knew our stand number on the floor plan was incorrect, and had reported it to the committee at the beginning of October, my husband spent half-an-hour this afternoon and has reviewed the Warley floor plan against the exhibitor list for errors and has spotted the following:

• Elaine's Trains  - Stand B38, there are two stand B31s on the floor plan
  • Keep It Rusty - Stand E11A, not on floor plan
  • Rapido Trains - Stand A58A - not on floor plan
  • Saddletank Books - Stand B79A - not on floor plan
  • Both SE Finecast and Squires are both shown as A58
  • Telford Steam Railway - Stand C7, there is an unlabelled stand where C7 would be
  • York Model Railway Show - Stand A57, there are only stands A57A-A57T, no A57.
  • Stand D31 is unoccupied

He's also noticed that Stewart Blencowe's stand has moved considerably to be by the entrance and the Austrian Railway Group's stand has been moved to the rear of the hall, away from the other continental club stands. Also, a number of layouts are not shown in bold on the exhibitor list. Hopefully this is helpful.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Elaine said:

As we knew our stand number on the floor plan was incorrect, and had reported it to the committee at the beginning of October, my husband spent half-an-hour this afternoon and has reviewed the Warley floor plan against the exhibitor list for errors and has spotted the following:

• Telford Steam Railway - Stand C7, there is an unlabelled stand where C7 would be

He's also noticed that Stewart Blencowe's stand has moved considerably to be by the entrance and the Austrian Railway Group's stand has been moved to the rear of the hall, away from the other continental club stands. Also, a number of layouts are not shown in bold on the exhibitor list. Hopefully this is helpful.

SE Finecast is now owned by Squires, hence the same stand number A58

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Cross Country now confirm no services will run on the Saturday and to seek alternate transportation.

Refund request generated, now to plan my alternative.

Hopefully we will see you there.

Baz

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Elaine said:

Stand 11 is shown on the floor plan. Keep It Rusty will certainly be in that space. Maybe there will be an 11B - I don't know. I do know there have been an unprecedented number of last minute changes this year. I would expect any York stand to be close, or part of the demo area. Rapido were going to be next to the single decker bus (where Keep It Rusty are) but asked to be nearer the entrance. Squires stand is probably not as big as previous years so there was room to put Rapido next to Squires. A58A will be next to A58.

Edited by Chris M
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very soon I will be starting to sort out the equipment that I will be bringing for the DCC decoder installation demo. The plan is to avoid bringing the vehicle into the NEC restricted areas to avoid having to give them my credit card details incase they want to implement the £75 fine, so will have to use a trolley or two from the car park.

I am hoping to have GBRf 'Glory to Ukraine' loco repaint completed along with the sound deccoder and lighting on display amongst other locos. I will have some recently weathered wagons to run on Phatbobs 'Bodmin Generally'.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Chris M said:

Stand 11 is shown on the floor plan. Keep It Rusty will certainly be in that space. Maybe there will be an 11B - I don't know. I do know there have been an unprecedented number of last minute changes this year. I would expect any York stand to be close, or part of the demo area. Rapido were going to be next to the single decker bus (where Keep It Rusty are) but asked to be nearer the entrance. Squires stand is probably not as big as previous years so there was room to put Rapido next to Squires. A58A will be next to A58.

Putting Rapido close to A57K might prove costly 😂

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Chris M said:

Stand E11 is Attwood Aggregates and is on the floor plan, Stand E11A is Keeping it Rusty is not on the floor plan, with a lot of last minute changes the floor plan should not have been put into the public domain, is this the reason why the 2019 floor plan is still on the website??  just hope all of the corrections are sorted for the happy band of "Yellow Canary" volunteers helping people find stands and on the website version for people planning their route around the hall.

• RMweb Gold

I’m travelling up friday staying at the Crowne Plaza until sunday.

I like my dawn raid on the door on saturday.

any plans to meet up with rmwebbers, isnt it usually 1pm at the spoons, or are we meeting by one of the layouts ? Would be good to see a few faces again since pre-covid.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

I’m travelling up friday staying at the Crowne Plaza until sunday.

I like my dawn raid on the door on saturday.

any plans to meet up with rmwebbers, isnt it usually 1pm at the spoons, or are we meeting by one of the layouts ? Would be good to see a few faces again since pre-covid.

I'm in the Plaza Saturday night, could meet up for beer etc in the evening?

• Agree 1