Bachmann announce all new Class 37

AY Mod

19 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Spotted in the Bachmann cabinet today….

39BA40CC-243E-42AF-84D7-DDB850F7CEED.jpeg.1aed3be231e74015672c53d59f0938be.jpeg

oooh yes !

there’s very few that fit this but three of them were Inverness legends… so far never been modelled properly…

Round buffers, exposed skirt and highland headlight.. 

Much time spent on Inverness, Wick, Thurso and Kyle steam heat services and later freight. 

37260 Radio Highland 

37260 Dingwall

(Flickr URL/not mine)

the only one to wear plain Blue in this condition I recall

37261 Caithness

Nearing the top.

(Flickr URL/Not mine)

37262 Dounreay 

Late runner to London

(Flickr URL/Not mine)… I was onboard this train which broke the snowdrifts and put the 158’s out of action ! - Just look at the snow on the cab down as well as down the tanks/bogies

Shame the model won’t have proper ploughs 😜

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I think a few might find this one interesting too…

Lamp irons either side of the headcode and reinforced cab windscreens..

6670894B-C063-41E9-AE1C-7C624B09FE1D.jpeg.82df525d565112669139b7fd002593ff.jpeg

And a few other variants..

Headboard clip fitted RSH version..

91B166E3-FDAB-4F99-BACB-CF1B8E0DE724.jpeg

D2A25F7F-8404-48D6-8369-EED56D77C9BA.jpeg

Edited by adb968008

13 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I feel the need to post another pic of 183, courtesy of class37.co.uk. As you were!

image.png.70a5f74114f7569c8f28c31a065e28fc.png

https://www.class37.co.uk/imagepage.aspx?strnumber=br37183&cf=gall

Oooh ya Badger. She priddy. Stunning photo. But then I am somewhat biast to a Beastfield beauty.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, owentherail said:

All these 37 coming from both companies is making things exciting 

I think we are going to see a lot of class 37’s next year.

I looked at my ancient Chinese made Aztec sundial .. it said 2023 is Year of the Tractor.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

Oooh ya Badger. She priddy. Stunning photo. But then I am somewhat biast to a Beastfield beauty.

Almost original spec too. If one isn’t produced by Bachmann or Accurascale, then I’m going to respray one.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Was this a partial cut away bufferbeam, or is it painted black ?

is it me or has it only got 1 full plough ?

It retained the skirts, but the pieces of 'cladding' around the buffer shanks were left off. I didn't realise it ran in traffic missing a plough, but that photo proves otherwise. If I do it, it'll get a full set as the missing plough is making my teeth itch! 😃

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 97406 said:

It retained the skirts, but the pieces of 'cladding' around the buffer shanks were left off. I didn't realise it ran in traffic missing a plough, but that photo proves otherwise. If I do it, it'll get a full set as the missing plough is making my teeth itch! 😃

Must have been a west highland thing… curves only go one way there

😀

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

27 minutes ago, 97406 said:

The other bit is probaby lying lineside stuck to a large lump of compacted snow.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

37 minutes ago, 97406 said:

It ran in with a plough missing at both ends at various times, and with full sets, as Flickr shows! I’d forgotten it’s still in service as 37884. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Spotted in the Bachmann cabinet today….

39BA40CC-243E-42AF-84D7-DDB850F7CEED.jpeg.1aed3be231e74015672c53d59f0938be.jpeg

oooh yes !

there’s very few that fit this but three of them were Inverness legends… so far never been modelled properly…

Round buffers, exposed skirt and highland headlight.. 

Much time spent on Inverness, Wick, Thurso and Kyle steam heat services and later freight. 

37260 Radio Highland 

37260 Dingwall

(Flickr URL/not mine)

the only one to wear plain Blue in this condition, named, I recall

37261 Caithness

Nearing the top.

(Flickr URL/Not mine)

37262 Dounreay 

Late runner to London

(Flickr URL/Not mine)… I was onboard this train which broke the snowdrifts and put the 158’s out of action ! - Just look at the snow build up on the cab door! as well as the ice down the tanks/bogies.

The highland mainline had been blocked by snow and saw 158’s stranded. This day saw 158’s and 156’s split, with 1 car from each combined, as 156’s had ploughs and 158’s did not. This required the units to be turned on the triangle at Inverness for the southbound working.

The alternative was an embarrassing reduced timetable as the 158’s would have to be removed from service, only months after introduction.. but by this stage the stock and 37’s/47’s had gone down south… 37262 and an 08 were the only 2 locos on shed… a pair of 26s took ploughs north and D5394 (Strathspey 27) was given permission to clear tracks around Aviemore.

incidentally I was told (unverified) the large round buffers were retained for the propelling shunt moves on passenger stock at Georgemas when recombining Wick /Thurso portions to go to Inverness.

37263 was also regular at Inverness, with headlight at the right lamp iron, but with oval buffers.

37264 had ovals and the car headlight moved between Mar -April 1985 from the top bracket position, to the more usual centre bottom, but was still a car headlight.

37260 was repainted into L/L livery prior to being named Radio Highland to mark the introduction of RETB signalling on the highland lines, named at Dingwall station 6/7/84 the first loco to operate RETB.

14 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

37260 was repainted into L/L livery prior to being named Radio Highland to mark the introduction of RETB signalling on the highland lines, named at Dingwall station 6/7/84 the first loco to operate RETB.

I had the beast a couple of weeks later, and stupidly thought it was christened after the local broadcaster!  What a noob!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cairnsroadworks said:

It ran in with a plough missing at both ends at various times, and with full sets, as Flickr shows! I’d forgotten it’s still in service as 37884

37183 is really the Grim Reaper…. I didnt know that.

Now we know why it lost a plough, it was probably used as a shovel to bury a 1st gen unit.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

On 27/11/2022 at 19:31, Phil Bullock said:

I missed this in the Bachmann cabinet …. Haven’t heard an announcement either… Thanks to Loretta for the photo … are you aware Mike? @The Stationmaster

45FDB215-086E-43E1-95B5-E9E1A54067AB.jpeg.7e588a67f9c0ec1d12067a237abd79a5.jpeg

Looks great - also has the headboard clips so a Central Wales Line style lighting unit could be done. 

I didn’t see this or the Dapol later batch class 22 yesterday - a case of too much to see I think - didn’t see the Hornby Coronation initially either!! 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

Looks great - also has the headboard clips so a Central Wales Line style lighting unit could be done. 

I didn’t see this or the Dapol later batch class 22 yesterday - a case of too much to see I think - didn’t see the Hornby Coronation initially either!! 

The Dapol 22 was well hidden on the bottom shelf of their cabinet … virtually floor level.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well... once again big disappointment, a locomotive received with lights that only works on one side... I dismantle the body. the electrical wires are frayed and cut ... really it's very very average this new series. 
engine noise, finishes, bent motor shaft, and derailments on curved switches. is Bachmann going to review the quality system in the factories in china ? 
4 locomotives received only one in normal working order at this price it's a real shame! 🤬

Edited by Module00
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my sound fitted deluxe 37 arrived today and it's quickly become one of my very favourite locos, very pleased with the overall quality, sounds, details, light functions, etc. etc.

Like others have mentioned, the one thing I hate is the ridiculously long two-tone horn when she's running at higher speed. Has anyone figured out a way to change this? Would much rather just always have the short two-tone toot toot that plays during slow running. I'm using an NCE powercab if that's relevant 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hello all, 😀

I need a help. 

I recovered a functional fan from a defective model to place it in another new 37 which was only dcc sound (not Deluxe), the fan does not work when the locomotive run. Do you know the CVs that control the fan function?

I would like to configure it...
Thanking you in advance. 

On 07/01/2023 at 10:54, Module00 said:

Hello all, 😀

I need a help. 

I recovered a functional fan from a defective model to place it in another new 37 which was only dcc sound (not Deluxe), the fan does not work when the locomotive run. Do you know the CVs that control the fan function?

I would like to configure it...
Thanking you in advance. 

If you have the Bachmann supplied decoder and sound project you will just need to add the fan module and connect it correctly. It will automatically operate according to the pattern applicable to your particular model. No CV changes required.

Best regards,

Paul