LNER Coronation Stock

Bishdurham

Nothing has been mentioned on any of their social media channels since the range launch that I can remember. We've certainly not seen any early EPs or anything yet, and we got that for the Coronation Scot carriages when they were at a ready stage.

Obviously that's not to say that nothing is happening, as I'd suspect that things are progressing, maybe just not anything substantial (or maybe even satisfactory) enough to generate their usual style of update. It entirely possible that they've had EPs, which either didn't work, or didn't have the requisite level of detail/accuracy and understandably they don't want to show that.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing them as and when they appear, and at least the longer they take, the more pennies I can set aside to hopefully be able to afford a set!

Cheers

J

• Like 3

3 hours ago, teaky said:

Shouldn't be long now before we hear from the retailers that they have had their allocation reduced and everyone will receive one coach from the set.

Apart from the Observation car, the stock is comprised of articulated twins.  Do you believe this one coach we receive will be a pair of just one half of a twin and we will have to find a friend with the other twin to run them and who would get the middle bogie?

Just asking for a friend!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, teaky said:

Shouldn't be long now before we hear from the retailers that they have had their allocation reduced and everyone will receive one coach from the set.

That did happen to me in week 1 of January, where a retailer indicated being out of stock of the end car.

I responded by canceling the entire rest of the rake.

it also happened with Drax wagons too.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Johan DC said:

Apart from the Dynamometercar, wasn't Mallard's record run also with a Coronation set?

Yes, minus one articulated pair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Rshakes3 said:

Just a follow up question - are these to be fitted with lighting? I can`t recall but please let me know.

They will be. At least according to H-mag. 

• RMweb Premium

Off course, nothing on the Hornby website about lighting. But for that price, and after the Coronation Scot coaches (in my opinion amongst the very best in OO) would be strange to not include it. 

On 29/07/2022 at 07:32, teaky said:

At the start of the year my retailer was allocated 3 full rakes of the coaches and 10 observation cars! I assume Hornby think there are lots of people planning to run very short trains🤣

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, WestRail642fan said:

bet you it'll be like the APT where they're visible 

In one of their vlogs, they already adressed  this problem. And in the Pullman and Coronation Scot coaches, they're not visible. So maybe wait till they are there?