Tavistock Junction Traction and Rolling Stock Maintenance Depot

The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

47815 is now fully fitted with its handrails, has cab interiors pinched from another spare body and is now complete ready to join the queue for lighting etc at some future point.

IMG_8028.jpeg.e77394719028395e8005ae2d4457c37a.jpeg

Also made a start on a second Hornby Rudd, I didn’t really want to wait for transfers so I’ve tweaked a 0 into an 8 which should do the job once more weathering is applied over the top.  The insides of the body have been chamfered slightly to help make them look thinner. IMG_8030.jpeg.25a21d1830b4b06d8520205fda6e3f53.jpeg

• Like 9

Hi Rich,

Just been having a catch up on the thread. Love all the details on the individual power cars, particularly all the buffer beam gubbins on the 'naked' one. Only thing, theres not enough fag packet on here for my personal livery tastes! I'd forgotten how drab the GWT 47s looked, a bit of white to match the stock would've looked nice.

On 25/09/2023 at 09:16, The Fatadder said:

A little more progress on a couple of projects late last night, 47846 is now fully painted and can rejoin its sisters on the shelf awaiting construction progress on the new layout (at which point it will be finished off with DCC, couplings and buffer beam detailing).

With that out the way the plan had been to get a decoder wired into 37262, but as I couldnt find a suitable chip instead I dug out the Cavelex prototype Coalfish conversion that had been sprayed yellow last week.  There were a few bits of rework (I had not spotted the end supports had been cut down as as part of the conversion), before painting the body grey (and touching up the black chassis )  It now needs a decision as to how I will tackle the end platforms, and transfers to finish off.  Given the prototype's lack of usefulness I am in no rush to finish this.  It will end up spending its life either on my display shelves or on the DEMU stand at shows...

IMG_7977.jpeg

Wow that's a weird looking thing. Capacity can't have been great compared to the producing Coalfish, and the sides look taller too, so awkward to load. I do love a weird wagon.

On 28/09/2023 at 17:31, The Fatadder said:

IMG_8011.jpeg.adab3ad2959755c95aeb52d7f4cddd33.jpeg

I think that's a Landore depot sticker isn't it, with the LE and outline in black?

https://flic.kr/p/79pY7y

Jo

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steadfast said:

Hi Rich,

Just been having a catch up on the thread. Love all the details on the individual power cars, particularly all the buffer beam gubbins on the 'naked' one. Only thing, theres not enough fag packet on here for my personal livery tastes! I'd forgotten how drab the GWT 47s looked, a bit of white to match the stock would've looked nice.

I did look at the FGW 47s, unfortunately even the interim livery without the gold stripe arrived far too late for me.  That hasn’t stopped me from digging out 57601 though….  

Wow that's a weird looking thing. Capacity can't have been great compared to the producing Coalfish, and the sides look taller too, so awkward to load. I do love a weird wagon.

there were two versions converted, this with a flat floor and the gaps in the lower hopper welded up (presumably as a precursor To the actual coalfish) and another with the same cut down height but keeping the discharge gear and the gaps between the lower parts of the hopper (presumably a dogfish replacement?). Then they name to the sensible decision to just add a new body.   Certainly makes for a more unusual model.

I think that's a Landore depot sticker isn't it, with the LE and outline in black?

Jo

Perfect, I assumed it was some sort of depot sticker but couldn’t work out what.  Now I just need to find a source of one, (or more likely do some drawing)

• RMweb Gold

Here is the Virgin HST fleet

IMG_8075.jpeg.fe251b02698a65c03ab56bef5eb41984.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg.3e6b2fb5447e27607026255c6b3c75f1.jpegIMG_8073.jpeg.6005e992224c225e7763af5a8897cb9c.jpegIMG_8072.jpeg.2e2ede84021cd15aedb15cb82a1728ce.jpegIMG_8071.jpeg.dd8b724c6bf215cd4efea4dc60a633a1.jpeg

Most of them are renumbered Hornby, with the roof grills correct for the respective prototypes and the cantrail grills correctly repainted in red (162 still needs the final coat of red once I source a new tin of Phoenix Virgin red).

43068 is a full respray

And here is the GWT fleet, all of which are resprays (bar the intercity powercar that’s not shown).  Along with the pair of 08, a 58 on the fuel tanks and the Virgin / GWT 47s this will be the fleet for the new layout 

IMG_7921.jpeg

IMG_7919.jpeg

IMG_7916.jpeg

IMG_7917.jpeg

IMG_7918.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg

IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7912.jpeg

IMG_7903.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

A couple of engineers wagon projects which will end up shared between my layouts were on the bench over lunch today 

First up another Bachmann OCA, as with the rest of my Bachmann OCA this has been modified to thin the inside edge of the ends compensating for the over thick plastic moulding.   Having done OBAs in faded red/grey and faded dutch, along with a part finished project for a faded red OCA.  In each case I roughly mixed (by eye) a combination of a close shade of the base colour from the Vallejo range and their Foundation white, before painting by hand.  The idea being to get a mix of different shades coming through rather than a complete solid block of colour.   As with the Dutch OBA I wanted to try and get a bit more of a mix of different liveries, so went for a faided Mainline example (mostly because I didnt fancy the masking to do the faded Satlink one I really wanted).  Based on a photo of 112001 at Didcot in 1999 on Flickr, it now needs the browns/ rust patches adding as well as transfers (for which as with the pink example I need to get a custom Railtec order in.  In all likelihood I can see this not happening until Warley now...

IMG_8084.jpeg.2e113ff8f172d66e7ddfa96a8612fa34.jpeg
The pink/Railfreight wagon will end up as 112164, although by the time its finished there will be more rust than paint!  This had all of its logos removed before painting in the pink /red mix, then the Railfreight logos were added back using transfers.  The real thing had an EWS red patch painted on the side for a new Tops panel at some point (presumably the original was too hard to read under all the rust!) So this was also added 

The other wagon project is one that has been on the bench for getting on for over 20 years as part of a batch of Cambrian wagon kits I purchased from IMG_8090.jpeg.68d520bf00b2ff8e2c6aeeb9f2cfdb35.jpegMainly Trains with Christmas money in the very early 2000s.  While none of these were 'finished' at the time, a couple of the OCA / Sea Horse have since ended up rebuilt as Sea Urchins, the Mermaid has been finished and back dated in GWR condition on Brent and now finally the Turbot are getting a look in.  The first has now been painted in EWS, the next (finished bar bogies) will get painted in rusty Dutch, while the third had a damaged body in storage which has been chopped off and will now get rebuilt sides as the rebodied EWS example.  I may now add a forth wagon and run a short set based on the Minehead sea defence train.

IMG_8085.jpeg.6fca6cd197ecc4f90c021cd9132adab9.jpeg

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I can’t find the buffers for one of the OCA so have temporarily pinched them from another less interesting (EWS) OCA instead.  Both wagons still need tops panels adding once I get some ordered from Railtec.  Both will also get fitted with couplings (just as soon as I get another pack of dinghams. 

3D47B327-3506-4993-8490-F396538E8842.jpeg.60496acd34dba02ff2fbe83416cf2851.jpeg

The mainline example has been sat awaiting paint for a long time (Warley or Swindon from memory). 

82F1F7CF-7737-430F-A16F-7F8DE294BA2A.jpeg.98cfa9ec4a86a28b875b91915fafd0ea.jpeg

The ex Railfreight red wagon is my favourite in the set given its horrendously tatty condition.  I was working from a 2003 photo of one side and 2004 of the other so I’ve scaled it back a little for 1999.  The EWS red patch is also lot fresher than the slightly faded paint on the photo.   

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Last nights work:

first up a Cambrian Turbot, as with the EWS one shown previously this had been started a long time ago.  Unfortunately unlike the EWS one the storage didn’t last so well and the body was in a sorry state.  After braking it down to get the ends and underframe I added scratch built sides and floor to model the prototype rebuilt version.  It’s now awaiting paint.  I have found some of the bogie parts in the scrap box, but I’m missing 2 and a half pairs of bogie frames  (and all the spacers).  I think Cambrian now sell them as one piece parts so will get some ordered (plus bogies for the Whales).

IMG_8102.jpeg.f8a26007b0fb079034fbdfa3ae2f62d6.jpeg

the first wagon has had its chassis painted (with the blue OCA chassis weathered while I was at itIMG_8105.jpeg.d16673a3ce7489368ae574dcca793855.jpeg

finally 37510 has finally been fitted with a ln Extreme Etchings roof grill, while 37057 gained a windscreen etch.  

My plan is to replace as many as possible with the new Bachmann bodies as more and more become available.  As a stop gap the old ones are fitted with an overlay windscreen etch to give the impression of the panel and more importantly the frame detail.   It’s only the Dutch 37230 (and the DRS pair that are not for the layout) that have not been treated yet.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

A couple more engineers wagons 

The pair of scrap Parkside clams have now been completed and transfered up.  (although one is still missing a brake leaver on one side.)  The yellow stripe is annoyingly a little too deep (the original builder had only painted the top rail yellow, so theyve now had a too shallow and a too deep stripe!).    A whole load of rust and other weathering is now needed to finish them off.   Not the best work, but a model that should at least look ok in a passing train.  I do think should I add some more Clams in the future I will be using the Hornby model as a basis (after narrowing the width).

Transfers are a mix of Railtec (Mainline logos and data panels), Fox EWS letters and Modelmasters Clam transfers, (I had forgotten just how bad the latter's transfers were with the huge carrier film).  Both are based on photos, just not the right photos as I couldnt find 1998/9 pics of any of the numbers on the Modelmasters sheet.  Instead I have picked two interesting wagons to copy just with the wrong numbers...   One having been given EWS lettering, the other still carrying Mainline branding.   I do like a dutch wagon with a post privitisation ownership logo on it.....

IMG_8118.jpeg

IMG_8117.jpeg

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

A little more weathering on the pair of clams last night.  Aiming for a very different condition between the two wagons.  I should have done this before adding the EWS logos though which would only have been a year or two old.  These will get removed and refreshed 

IMG_8148.jpeg.8969e2f7a1690f685ca7c4c207636214.jpegIMG_8147.jpeg.942bd712b693fcef72b3232b03a87c0f.jpeg

I guess they pair will have to stay as a pair as any further wagons with a correct yellow stripe width will make the error stand out.    That said I have a pair of chassis in planing to use for scratch building a couple of Zander, maybe add a Barbell and maybe a vac brakes Grampus (I have photos of a nice transrail branded one….)

I also fancy doing the hybrid Rudd ends grampus sides air braked ews example) 

in other thoughts I have far too many engineers wagons.  I think I’m up to 8 or 9 different rakes, of which I’d only take 2 or 3 partial sets to a show….

That said the gunnels still need paint, the seacows and limpets need weathering and half the urchins need transfers/wheels so there’s still a lot of modelling to go…

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

While I am in the process of removing all the stock from Brent for the winter, I’ve been thinking about having a bit of a modern takeover before it gets taken over for the winters modelling season.

My thinking being that I’d get one of the HST sets, the Virgin loco hauled and a couple of freights out for a spin over the weekend (assuming it stops raining for long enough to move the stock out…)

One slight issue with this plan is that the Virgin set doesn’t have couplings….  So this evening I’ve been fitting Kaydees to the remaining coaches.  

the majority of the rake is formed of Hornby 2Es along with a Bachmann spares 2f buffet fitted on a rebuilt Hornby chassis.   The Hornby coaches l have been modified to remove the fictional solbar (carefully carving away with a sharp knife). They have also been fitted with the missing door open lights (as has the Bachmann buffet).

now fitted with Kaydees in the bufferbeams, the only question is whether the end of the bogie fouls the pockets (I expect they will based on experience with mk3s) in which case the ends will be removed for clearance.

The Hornby coaches still need to roofs modifying to get rid of the rubbish roevacs, I will had seperate grab handles on the toilet tanks as well to match the Bachmann.  (Though part of me says just source more Bachmann bodies and upgrade to a model that’s the correct length!

IMG_8212.jpeg

IMG_8211.jpeg

edit:

while I had the coaches on the bench for photos I spotted the 3 Virgin liveried all had the same number.  The fox transfers were a little bigger than the Hornby ones so all three now carry new identities 

the Hornby intercity buff is rather questionable, so I think the intercity TSO and BSO will either get resprayed in the spring or rebuilt with Bachmann bodies.  I do still have the pair of intercity sleepers for the GWT set needing paint so could do them at the same time…

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Some testing of the Virgin cross country rake on Brent this afternoon.IMG_8222.jpeg.96a503b9d5c9b9ea90443cc28dbbffa2.jpegIMG_8221.jpeg.e3a0718300c510a42beeeec1114bdd68.jpegIMG_8220.jpeg.cd1dab3f928c1aa84031c407eb60c78e.jpeg

IMG_8225.jpeg.2ec0cc905b73f1164332b405213ef452.jpeg

I also tested 37262, it needed stripping down to remove the Bachmann gunk from the gears before relubricating.   Irritatingly once again I’ve managed to solder the motor wires the wrong way round, so the lights are the wrong way round.   I can ever remember how to fix this without rewiring (changing the direction setting on the controller just swaps the direction of forward but keeps the lights working g the wrong way round)

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A couple of projects on the bench over the past few evenings, 

First up a little work on my Bachmann 47799, as it came from Bachmann the loco is modelled towards the end of its life after it had gained the additional plaques on the sides.  The removal of these leaves a large gap in the lining, fortunately the Fox Transfers pack contains enough transfers for two locos (I would have relined it anyway for consistency with my Vi Trains respray for 47798).    The original printed plates were all removed with Microsol, with a little T Cut afterwards to get rid of any remains.  The bodyside was then given a coat of Klear,  adding the new transfer before finishing with a coat of satin varnish.  As with 47798 I didnt bother with the second piece of transfer that goes under the top layer.  

Another area I was not happy with was the blue roof, it just looked nothing like the prototype in EWS livery.  I think when EWS re-liveried the loco in 1997 the roof must have been let untouched, so by 1999 it was heavily faded and looked more of a grey.  Much like the ex EPS 37s after they went to DRS.  I have taken the same approach I used on said EPS 37 and repainted it a mix of greys, it could do with lightening a bit in places (and more weathering in others), but I am happier than the 1995 ex works finish the model came with.

I was hoping that this would be all the work needed (other than getting a chassis sorted and adding the etched plates), but annoyingly Bachmann messed up the tail lights fitting standard 47 parts rather than the RES style reinforced ones.   The solution as I see it is to draw and print a replacement, then drill out the holes in the front to accept.   I guess at some point I will need to build some coaches to go with it....

IMG_8256.jpeg.e09bacc1db2af5c40a8cfc4195babfd5.jpeg

The other project on the bench was a pair of Cambrian Sea Horse which have sat awaiting finishing for a very long time.  Looking at the yellow backing transfer for the Royal Train 47 it was about the perfect size for the stripe on the Sea Horse (below the top rib).  So the top rib was painted yellow before adding the transfer, once dry the ribs were touched in with yellow to match.   There is some colour variation, but this works to my advantage for a weather beaten, rusty old wagon.    They now join the rest of my Sea Urchins awaiting transfers before they can be finished.

IMG_8259.jpeg.cdced483aacdd3801fa103b9fb717a9c.jpeg

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
On 30/09/2023 at 20:59, Steadfast said:

Hi Rich,

Jo

image.png.ff4cfccd2cdae0e1f85adbcc7894e48c.png

I have been playing with Inkscape over the weekend, mostly focused on wagon numbers as well as some other bits and pieces.  The most difficult bit was the Swansea Landore logo for 47815.  This will be on clear (not white) and is only about 3mm across.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Nice work Rich, that'll set the locos off nicely 

Jo

Thanks,

I have also been drawing up transfers for my next wagon project (actually ended up drawing transfers for all of my wagon projects...)  Having sourced a Rails Nacco grey pollybulk in their latest Ebay sale (finally bringing the price down enough I was happy to pull the trigger).   The intention is to remove the Nacco / Tiger logos, rebrand with Railtec's CAIB transfers, and add a custom black backed data panel that I designed yesterday before eventually weathering.  Before I can do the latter I need to buy some of the materials @Lady_Farkham used on her excellent polybulks earlier in the year (they are definitely worth a look!)  

The existing pair of polybulks dont really get a great deal of use at exhibitions, they look good, run really well but are just too "out the box" when compared to the rest of the clay fleet.  My hope is that doing a bit of work on them will make them more interesting in my eyes so they get more use. 

I have also drawn up a second set to allow me to renumber the duplicate Traffic Services polybulk, along with a slightly different version for the blue CAIB silver bullet type tank that I want to print over the winter.   I still dont have a drawing for these, so if anyone knows of one please get in touch...

There are a couple of other wagons that have just been added to the "to model" list, I need to buy another Cambrian Sea Horse as having just painted a pair into dutch I think go and find a photo showing one made it into EWS.   I cant not model that....

Then there is the EWS red Rudd (with grampus sides), again I cant resist doing it.  I think I have a need for a forth Turbot as well

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

More engineers wagons:

3 Salmon (one is the Cambrian EWS release shortly after it came out, the other two are much older but retrofitted with Cambrian’s ASF bogies.)

the newer kit was painted this evening and joins the other two awaiting transfers.  I have plenty of old P4 track to cut up as loads for the 3 of them.  
IMG_8364.jpeg.2fe384dfa1f659dac4389324d58fe8ad.jpegIMG_8363.jpeg.7a1a6272183d642a7014efb36ff3146c.jpegIMG_8362.jpeg.18f1ab2e986b88af5cf0744f195dc4cc.jpeg
I hadn’t realised one Salmon gained full EWS livery (with a proper number panel), so this is now on the to do list.  Though based on the price / quality of the Cambrian kit and the Hornby model not costing much more I’m much more likely to go down that route.

I also found another Cambrian Sea Horse which will end up in EWS livery.  This evenings focus has been to get it finished off ready for painting.  IMG_8361.jpeg.0b19efeaa1f801a3c33a6ce634a74c15.jpeg

I’ve also dug out a part finished Borail project rebuilding with the new sides.  Though I think this is a step too far (the basic body is built making cutting the indents out for the lashing points). It’s pair which has not been modified will probably get finished as a standard borail and end up on the classifieds.

• Like 6

The salmons look great - I too am debating waiting on flangeways or Hornby's offering in comparison to buying the Cambrian kit. I require 6 for my rake and I'm not sure I have the patience for 6 salmon kit builds!

The sea horse looks good too - have you ever tried to combine and Bachmann via chassis with the other type of body as a hybrid? 

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

The salmons look great - I too am debating waiting on flangeways or Hornby's offering in comparison to buying the Cambrian kit. I require 6 for my rake and I'm not sure I have the patience for 6 salmon kit builds!

Its not the best of kits at the end of the day with the two part floor and quite crudely moulded trussing.  The final nail in the coffin for me is the price, Looking on Rainbow's website a Hornby salmon is £25 whereas on Cambrian's website a kit £25 + at least £8 for wheels + LMS buffers + transfers its far more expensive for a much worse model.   All very unusual when the recent trend from Rapido et al has been for a newly tooled 4 wheel wagon to cost more than double a Parkside kit...

1 hour ago, WCML100 said:

The sea horse looks good too - have you ever tried to combine and Bachmann via chassis with the other type of body as a hybrid? 

Not something I have looked at, it would all depend whether Bachmann's underframe moulding is the same thickness as Cambrian's solbar.  For mine I tend to bin the Cambrian W iron unit and replace with an etched one (which makes quite a difference to the running quality.)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As far as it can go for now paint wise, it will be revisited in the future once I have tops panels sorted

IMG_8451.jpeg.b13b514ffedffa11c1e4b569fdc6b17e.jpeg

the insides have been painted with the usual rust mix along with a good dusting of sand powders (two shades) while still wet to finish off.

now the painting is complete it just needs the brake gear adding 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately Bachmann didn’t use the right tail lights on 47799, my solution was to 3d print a new light fitting, which pushes in from the front.  They are not yet glued in place while the paint dries.

I also drew up a new tail light lens to fit (with the prototypes bubbles surface.  The surround needed opening out slightly with a cutting broach to get the lens to fit as I didn’t quite make enough of an allowance for it.

IMG_8517.jpeg.04f4d9defa112bd575bcfcdba77e31e3.jpegIMG_8520.jpeg.5515faa7c6665ccce175d73e4cdaa7e2.jpeg

a 3d printed cab side grill to finish off 58049

IMG_8519.jpeg.58385fa2424a374758206c9eae973cbb.jpeg

finally another new Bachmann 37/4 shell stripped along with 1 piece nose grills ready to fit.  I haven’t decided if I will do this at home or save it for Warley, probably the former as it does need concentration to get right! 

IMG_8515.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Lenses fitted to 47799 (apart from one which pinged off into the ether, typically I didn’t include spares!)

IMG_8524.jpeg.cccea0077df59e818fdf3ecfc82cfaa8.jpegIMG_8522.jpeg.fe894033ed2bb544825317b47a1ed49b.jpeg

my warning yellow paint has gone off so the finish isn’t perfect, I will push them out and redo once I have new paint.  For now a replacement lens (and spares) will go on tonight’s print IMG_8521.jpeg.4966971838f4226cb27cf7c3570225ce.jpeg

I think the class 58 grill came out rather well, which means 58049 is now ready to be weathered (finally!)

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

An update on the 47 which now has all of its lenses fitted, I’m reaIMG_8535.jpeg.6717f8232b1da11728263c422be730a0.jpegIMG_8536.jpeg.e78e8c5fb22290bdb9e7b6c4a1796a6d.jpeg

a cruel close up showing the texture on the lens, the slight gaps around the new fitting are one of those things that look so much worse under a close up.  It could have been improved by priming and spraying the whole end (but I hate spraying yellow and it’s far too cold for the airbrush.)

I will now get some more printed and retro fit to my Vitrains 47798 and RES 47s. 

next up the second test print of my EWS SSA, a couple of issues.  First this is a 15 hour print, unfortunately there is a horizontally line across the model which I think is caused by temperature changes.  I’ve applied some filler to see if it’s saveable, but I always thought it a little risky to be printing overnight jobs in these temperatures.   
more concerning was issues with the supports, at one end they were too close to the model and ended up with the upright for the support attaching to the end.  The supports for the lashing eyes were also a little too hard to remove (losing two eyes) while the end supports caused a bit of damage in removal.  (I should have remove them all before curing, but I prefer not

work with uncured resin.

the next question will be whether or not I can get away with printing two at once (maybe at a slightly steeper angle).IMG_8541.jpeg.94837517e1dbc02bb2d7a70dd81c624b.jpeg

I have w irons and suspension moulding ready to go, so I will try and get a rolling chassis ready for Warley

Ive also progressed on 37674 and a couple of pca which will be on my Wheal Imogen thread shortly 

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Not really for this layout, more like the one after, but a little update on the 456 build.

IMG_8575.jpeg.1f3eb44ea7a41dd578115f2c3387bf9c.jpeg

I drew up these jumper cable covered a while back but have only just printed them.

pleased with how they came out, I wish I could just draw up a whole new cab front but I think that’s a step too far for my abilities.  This will need new wipacs fitting, current thinking is to take my remaining stock of the etch I drew up for the 67 years ago and solder 3 or 4 together to get a decent thickness.   (I would print them but the translucent resin is not exactly ideal for stopping light bleed).

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Just had a delivery IMG_8576.jpeg.4d166f3ab93b657693648a9815a408f6.jpeg

having spent all that time repainting a pair of powercars into FGW I couldn’t resist one of the Hornby bodies in the same livery from eBay.  Does make me wonder what to do with the original respray now, between keep, or respray back to Merlin.

What I do know is that the Intercity 43172 which is not the most useful for my period will get moved onto a detailed Lima chassis.  This one needs a cab interior / lights (I think I have one left) while the Lima chassis for 172 will need a set of Hornby wheels sourcing.

still not convinced by Hornby’s green either, it’s not quite blue enough.  Respraying the green would not be difficult (and I should have enough spare First logos from the Railtec sheet

I really must stop buying HSTs and start building the layout to use them on!

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 3