Tavistock Junction Traction and Rolling Stock Maintenance Depot

The Fatadder

1 hour ago, The Fatadder said:

Progress on a few projects at Swindon on Demu duties today:

The regional railways 150 has now been fitted with the remaining window etches (along with refitting the glazing).  It does still need a cab interior swapping to get the lights to work (before swapping back when it moves to its new chassis).  I have carved off the moulded door open lights to replace with a transparent option with an LED which still needs fitting.5E6D1E67-059B-4254-AEDC-7679B972A4C1.jpeg.f9cb74d11b7fef3b7bc6a86f9610f736.jpeg

It's possible I may have asked this before but.... What etched window frames are you using on the 150?

(As I have an unfinished Bratchill kit where the issue is I lost one of the etched frames...)

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Ravenser said:

It's possible I may have asked this before but.... What etched window frames are you using on the 150?

(As I have an unfinished Bratchill kit where the issue is I lost one of the etched frames...)

It’s using a set of Jim SW’s etches I’m afraid, I did one side of the unit ages ago but had lost the other.  Fortunately I managed to find the missing etches and straighten them out to finish it off.

it’s a real shame that Jim’s etches are no longer available, would have loved another set to use on 950001.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

It’s using a set of Jim SW’s etches I’m afraid, I did one side of the unit ages ago but had lost the other.  Fortunately I managed to find the missing etches and straighten them out to finish it off.

it’s a real shame that Jim’s etches are no longer available, would have loved another set to use on 950001.

Ah. Mine are Jim SW's as well... I lost one at Ally Pally several years ago when the unit took a tumble and I found I'd not gathered them all up when I got home.

Using a set of A1 etches on one side would be less than idea - so the whole thing lurks low on the to do list

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A long term resident of my workbench has been my structure gauging train, with the core coaches complete just needing glazing (and roof vents), while the first of the brake force runners sits awaiting painting.  I need to source another cheap mk2 to make the second runner (hopefully at Showcase).

E8D8F4E9-A6FA-43F4-B384-05CF9CF87B42.jpeg.efab2027408badc3e9fdab6ecba67402.jpeg

0C668FE2-F737-45F9-AF2D-0ABA4157E4E8.jpeg.feefca2054861bd99e9cb9610e5133d8.jpeg

of course putting it on the layout I then find out that it’s definitely far too long for the LH fiddleyard on Wheal Imogen so it’s no use for silly hour at Showcase.   It should in theory be ok for Tavy Junction though, able to run into the sleeper storage road.   

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A little project, inspired by the third rail modelling by Danny and Shane at Showcase, I want to finish off the pair of Bratchell 456 I started many years ago.   After the depot layout the next plan in the queue is something combining third rail and some other form of traffic (again as a 4 or 5ft board sharing Wheal Imogen /  Laira's fiddleyard.)    In the mean time it opens up a few more modelling projects, I fancy a try at building an MJT slam door EMU with full soldered construction rather than overlaying a mk1, while Ive always wanted a 455.

Anyway onto the 456, The bodies were all built back when the kit released (for those unaware "cost reasons" mean that it looks nothing like a 456 on the ends, bogies, roof or underframe.  But the ends are by far the worst.  At Warley 2019 I made a start on rebuilding it, the first cab came off perfectly but the next two both broke in the process.  I wanted the cabs off to allow for rebuilding, this will include replacing the etched WIPAC overlays with a seperate part (I plan on combining a 3d print with the Extreme Etchings etches).  I have completed a test using a spare set of Bachmann Class 66 WIPACS, cutting a rectangular hole and fitting the light unit into it.  This will be followed by refilling the remains of the 320 headlight recesses, scribe the centre panel, new handrails (to the correct length) and 3d print the distinctive jumper cable covers.    It is the latter that I have been drawing this evening

image.png.1baa79e2541da9e43b111b57f1d58cf5.png

Will give them at test print later in the week and see how it comes out.

Other work includes an MTK underframe kit / scratch building and printing the missing underframe parts for the second unit, it will also get fitted with Networker bogie side frames on Stenson Models etches.  I will also be cutting out the windscreens rather than trying to mask the one piece glazing/cab end.

One will get finished in NSE, the other hopefully in Connex 

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

A little project, inspired by the third rail modelling by Danny and Shane at Showcase, I want to finish off the pair of Bratchell 456 I started many years ago.   After the depot layout the next plan in the queue is something combining third rail and some other form of traffic (again as a 4 or 5ft board sharing Wheal Imogen /  Laira's fiddleyard.)    In the mean time it opens up a few more modelling projects, I fancy a try at building an MJT slam door EMU with full soldered construction rather than overlaying a mk1, while Ive always wanted a 455.

Anyway onto the 456, The bodies were all built back when the kit released (for those unaware "cost reasons" mean that it looks nothing like a 456 on the ends, bogies, roof or underframe.  But the ends are by far the worst.  At Warley 2019 I made a start on rebuilding it, the first cab came off perfectly but the next two both broke in the process.  I wanted the cabs off to allow for rebuilding, this will include replacing the etched WIPAC overlays with a seperate part (I plan on combining a 3d print with the Extreme Etchings etches).  I have completed a test using a spare set of Bachmann Class 66 WIPACS, cutting a rectangular hole and fitting the light unit into it.  This will be followed by refilling the remains of the 320 headlight recesses, scribe the centre panel, new handrails (to the correct length) and 3d print the distinctive jumper cable covers.    It is the latter that I have been drawing this evening

image.png.1baa79e2541da9e43b111b57f1d58cf5.png

Will give them at test print later in the week and see how it comes out.

Other work includes an MTK underframe kit / scratch building and printing the missing underframe parts for the second unit, it will also get fitted with Networker bogie side frames on Stenson Models etches.  I will also be cutting out the windscreens rather than trying to mask the one piece glazing/cab end.

One will get finished in NSE, the other hopefully in Connex 

I follow Danny on Twitter and am amazed at how many EMU he builds. Particularly as he doesn’t have a railway to run them on!

Good luck with the build.

• RMweb Gold

As I continue on the 456 I am remembering just how much I hated this kit.  The inclusion of the 320 cad continues to be a real pain.  The clear plastic. Bratchell used is very hard which doesn’t help.   

for one unit I’ve had to cut out the windows as when it was previously primed it marked the glazing.  The other pair I plan on keeping it if I can as it’s proving such a pain to do.

I now have 3 ends peeped for the wipacs, 2 with now glazing and one still to do.  All of which need the panel gaps scribing on.

I am debating cutting away the whole area inside the cab front panel line and replacing the yellow area and black area of the front with a 3d print

IMG_7131.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

IMG_7139.jpeg.1b2dea198527fc0e583699601165b7c4.jpeg

All 4 have now had the lights cut out, the second unit has also been prepared for fitting the toilet hatch.   Next up will be adding the panel lines on the front, and adding some filler to the joints on the black one before checking all the work with some primer.  

I think I will need to print some wipacs to use behind the Shawplan etches.  Based on the lighting unit I used on the 158 I need a flush surface inside the cab.  

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Starting to feel the need for another HST respray, this photo being the main cause of the temptation 

https://flic.kr/p/2nSw1VZ

a pair of FGW powercars and a single FGW buffet running from Bristol to Laira.  

So the plan is to strip one of my spare Virgin powercars and respray it (this time it will be in the interim livery which retained a white stripe across the lower fairing.  Will probably do another in GWT at the same time.    To go with the pair of powercars I’ve also ordered a Hornby FGW buffet (which I will see how well I can improve Hornby’s transfers).

I think this will give me all the powercars I will need. Other than needing to convert one or two to have the end open.   Ideally I would like to find a way of doing it which will allow me to run them with the front open or closed.   This way the non motorised powercars could all be converted 

To this end the powercar is now in IPA…..

edit: while I sit here with the first powercar in soak I’m still debating what to do with the second as I don’t have a bog standard Virgin powercar (I have one in intercity, one in Virgin XC, one with buffers in Virgin XC and one in Virgin with vinyl names.)   To that end I’m thinking of holding fire on the next respray. 

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A little more GWT modelling for this evening, finally getting plates added to 47846.  Sourced from Bachmann spares (in order to get my let order over the threshold for free postage) they’ve been repainted black (followed by a coat of Klear.)  Now to get to work adding handrails to it…

IMG_7173.jpeg.8c6b9fcd590e7ecfe317898be0904640.jpeg

this gives me 3 of the 5 GWT class 47 (with their 6th 47 in Intercity still a possibility if I convert to a flush front.)

This has me thinking about adding a forth, I have a pair of Heljan bogies in the scrap box.  Further to this, I need to buy a new underframe (with cowlings) for 47799 (I didn’t realise it was not a cutaway loco per 47798).  This will leave me with a spare chassis moulding, which with the Heljan bogies would give me a complete loco. 

So the old RFD body has been retrieved from the sales box and will likely now go

into IPA before another GWT respray.  The choice between 811 or 815 is a tricky one, the former needs a flush end and could be a good trial before doing the same conversion on the 2022 model.  While 815 was photographed substituting for a Res 47 ok a set of parcels vans, (811 was used on at least one Virgin set).

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The Hst powercar is now primed, depending on weather and workload I’m hoping to at least get the white and yellow sprayed this week (I’m hoping for the green as well!).

the latter will depend on how long it takes to sort out 47811, the remains of the nose multiple working socket has been removed and tidied up and one end.

at the other a plate of 20thou plastic has been glued in position and is currently drying before cutting /sanding to match the nose profile (it will be completed with a set of Shawplan fittings).

poor decision making on donor models has struck again, the vitrains shell I used for 47846 would have been perfect for this having the right cab roof grills.  Instead on 846 I converted it to the version on this model while on 811 I had to cut new slats in the plated version.  This still needs more tidying up  

IMG_7192.jpeg

IMG_7191.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

The 47 headcode box fill has now been cut and filed to shape before adding a skim of filler.  I will leave it at least until tomorrow before sanding back.  Hopefully will then be able to get the etches added for the lights.

meanwhile I’ve been spraying the first colour on the soon to be FGW powercar.  This will be finished in the hybrid livery of fag packet with the original Merlin white/green ends.  So far just the white has been sprayed (not that you can really tell on white primer.)

The plan is to follow this with the green tomorrow (and spray the sides of the 47 at the same time along with respraying the area on a Lima powercar where I’ve previously removed the nameplate)

IMG_7205.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

A couple more jobs complete on the 47, first of all removing the boiler port detail.  I think I’ve ran out log extreme etchings  parts for this so it will need to wait for completion. The nose end has also seen a lot more work (including several applications of light grey paint to highlight issues 

A bit of a cruel enlargement to try and show where more work is needed on 47811’s end.  It needs attention around the new marker lights and more tidying to the cab roof grill at the very least.   Though I am getting close to the point of being able to apply a proper coat of primer rather than the current hand painted effort (which will be wiped off with ipa before priming)

IMG_7212.jpeg.f13a0588ac3a07da2148e58f8bf02847.jpeg

not sure what’s going on with the RH marker light. As I can’t see that shadow when I look in the flesh.

the cab roof grill has been scribes to get it full width.  Again as a trial before attacking the 2022 47.  It looks passable in the flesh at a 1ft viewing distance, but not good enough in photos that i’d consider doing it again. 

pretty much the whole process has led to the decision to keep my 2022 intercity 47 as an unnamed Virgin loco in intercity rather than modifying an end to do the GWT intercity or modifying the grills to do North Star.

As for 811, the plan is to spray the green tomorrow alongside the HST 

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Sometimes with a respray things just don’t go right, today was one of those days.  Looking at the GWT green paint it looked like it may have been past its best.  However it is old stock circa 2005 which generally I’ve found works better than more recent production so tried to save it. 

alas it was too far gone, but I only found for certain once I started spraying (blockages, speckling etc). Should really have stopped but instead kept going to see if it was saveable.   (At the end of the day the remains of the can are destined for the bin and if I fail to save the finish im in no worse place.)

IMG_7215.jpeg.92a492deabef1984bf06ee7afeb0ca8c.jpeg

this is the worse side, there are a couple of areas where masking failed which will need touching up in white once I’ve fixed the green.  Along with the shiny run to the right of the rear door, there are a number of speckles of paint sticking out from the finish.  All of this will be sanded back with used 800grit wet and dry before varnishing.   I’ve managed to save similar poor paint in the past with this approach.   If it’s still substandard it will get stripped and start again

47811 was naturally not started (and a new tin of GWT green has been ordered from Rainbow Railways).   All of which means that one of my other Virgin or Intercity powercars will end up going into Merlin when I spray 47811 (unless I need to redo the FGW example).

Either way I will know what’s happening with it tomorrow evening, once it’s dry enough to work on.   I’m glad I started on the Hst rather than the 47, seeing as stripping the latter would no doubt destroy all

the filler etc in its new end!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I have had a quick go at repairing the HST this morning, and I think it looks viable.  Though the green is going to need another coat spraying to blend in the repairs once the new paint arrives.  

While I was at it I have carefully sanded back the areas where the green seeped under the masing tape, they will need touching in with some white paint (but that can wait until the next coat of green is finished.)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Back from a holiday in France and back to

work on the FGW powercar which has now had the yellow end and grey roof sprayed.  Should hopefully follow it with the black front tomorrow after which it will be a waiting game until I get a new jar of GWT green paint. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Paint has arrived so all being well I will get the Class 47 and HST powercar sprayed green after work today.  In the mean time I have had an arrival from Rainbow Railways, along with the aforementioned paint (and a tin of NSE Silver Grey to correct the paint on my old Bachmann 159) I have also purchased a new Hornby FGW Mk3 restaurant.   

With the coaches now getting discounted my reluctance to purchase due to the transfers was overcome based on price and the find of a photo showing a pair of ex works FGW powercars running along the sea wall with a single FGW restaurant which was crying out to be modelled.   Part of my thinking was that it gives an opportunity to see the new model alongside the old model in order to work out future upgrades (with the logic that if I couldnt improve the transfers I could always rip them off and replace with Railtec transfers).

First up I am still not convinced by the colour, FGW green being more toward the blue end of the spectrum.  However in the flesh it doesnt look as bad as it does in the majority of photos.

The roof is a massive improvement, particularly on a restaurant coach.  The old Hornby model looks very flat in comparison, I think this is an area where some replacement 3d printed parts would make for a worthwhile upgrade.  Likewise the separate grab handles on the toilet panels which will be a quick upgrade

The bodyside windows frames are a lot crisper / finer, you certainly couldnt mix these with the earlier model in a rake.  That said, I will at some point do a closer comparison between a detailed Hornby TS and the new buffet + a Limby TGS.   My logic being that the ex Lima TGS already looks wrong next to the old Hornby models so it will come down to a question as to whether the new Hornby or Limby looks closest to the rest of the rake.   (I have 4 complete rakes of mk3s and no layout to run them on so have no desire to spend £1500 or so replacing them all).  If the new Hornby model looks closer I would plan on respraying TGS to match.

Underframe detail is a lot crisper and includes the missing jumper cables etc, not an issue when I already have a 3d print to upgrade the existing models.

Probably the biggest visual improvement is around the corridor connections.  with a much better representation of the corridor and the recess into the rear of the coach.   I may have a look at a print to improve these as part of upgrading the existing model (though I suspect once coupled up and with a flexible gangway added it will be a lot less noticeable in a rake.

IMG_7361.jpeg

IMG_7360.jpeg

the transfers were not as close as I’d like around the door handles, the solution was a combination of microsol and set to stick it down.  The fit of the transfers around the bodyside handrails was very poor so these needed to be carefully cut to the correct side  to remove the excess.

IMG_7358.jpeg

IMG_7359.jpeg
edit: hadn’t noticed Hornby’s lousy quality control and the fact that the new coach is missing a handrail from the roof 

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

A mixed bag with the spraying this evening, a problem with the airbrush and compressor resulting in minimal air coming out of the airbrush despite being set to the max pressure on the compressor.

fortunately I was able to finish off the paint on the next HST which now needs a few minor touch ups on the white before starting on the transfers

alas the 47 was a bit of a failure and will need redoing once the equipment issues are resolved. 

IMG_7362.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I had forgotten quite how much I hate applying FGW transfers….  I’m now 2/3 of the way through the stripes.   The Railtec transfers are really well drawn, it’s just a lot of transfer to sit down over raised detail.   

for the first side I forgot the learnings from the last one, the key being the removal of the moulded door handles etc on the rear door.   As with last time I cut the angle for the gap either side of the bodyside grill before wetting the transfer.  The V point at the cab end was cut in situ, while the handrail channels were cut out once the transfer was dry.   Once dry the completed first side was given a coat of Klear before starting the other side.

it still needs the white painting in the handrail channels, and the First etc logos adding.  

longer term I’d like to replace the FGW pair with the new Hornby release (assuming once they start appearing 2nd hand I can get hold of one around the 200£ mark) at which point I will remove the transfers and paint these back into Merlin.IMG_7365.jpeg.7aa8965d37c8307be30cc46a5014dfb5.jpeg

I’ve just sourced a partially complete intercity body (missing the cab interior and some rear glazing).  This will be finished as 43008 (the only Merlin powercar that retained its guards window). Alas it went to Virgin in mid 1998, but as with 43172 in Intercity (painted into GWT in spring 99) it fits the overall 1998/9 period and adds something a little different.  I think I have a spare cab ready to go, so once it arrives it will be straight into IPA.

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 22/07/2023 at 13:24, The Fatadder said:

I had forgotten quite how much I hate applying FGW transfers….  I’m now 2/3 of the way through the stripes.   The Railtec transfers are really well drawn, it’s just a lot of transfer to sit down over raised detail.   

for the first side I forgot the learnings from the last one, the key being the removal of the moulded door handles etc on the rear door.   As with last time I cut the angle for the gap either side of the bodyside grill before wetting the transfer.  The V point at the cab end was cut in situ, while the handrail channels were cut out once the transfer was dry.   Once dry the completed first side was given a coat of Klear before starting the other side.

it still needs the white painting in the handrail channels, and the First etc logos adding.  

longer term I’d like to replace the FGW pair with the new Hornby release (assuming once they start appearing 2nd hand I can get hold of one around the 200£ mark) at which point I will remove the transfers and paint these back into Merlin.IMG_7365.jpeg.7aa8965d37c8307be30cc46a5014dfb5.jpeg

I’ve just sourced a partially complete intercity body (missing the cab interior and some rear glazing).  This will be finished as 43008 (the only Merlin powercar that retained its guards window). Alas it went to Virgin in mid 1998, but as with 43172 in Intercity (painted into GWT in spring 99) it fits the overall 1998/9 period and adds something a little different.  I think I have a spare cab ready to go, so once it arrives it will be straight into IPA.

Im following great working progress here..

cheers neil

• RMweb Gold

Last night saw most of the remaining work completed on 43172, completing minor repairs to the stripes, adding numbers (which were cobbled together out of two Railtec numbers) and painting white the majority of the handrail channel (a detail Hornby missed on their new release...)   The model just needs the orange cantrail stripe and a few minor touch ups before it can be varnished and reassembled.    While the transfers were out I also finished off my Hornby Intercity powercar and a rebuilt Lima Merlin powercar as 43172.

43172 is one of the more interesting HST powercars for 1999, in which it carried at least 3 different liveries during the space of a single year (possibly 4).

It started the year as one of the last remaining powercars in Intercity (complete with post 98 OHLE warning flashes), in March/April it was repainted into Merlin which lasted until June when it gained FGW's fag packet vinyls (without receiving the green repaint to the lower fairing.)   The next photo I have found was dated July 2000 at which point the fairing had been repainted in green, so it is unclear between Sep 99 and Jul 2000 as to exactly when it gained the green paint.   Much as the Merlin with green end looks very wrong (but interesting from a model point of view) I think the same applies to a FGW powercar retaining the white end.

The logic is that through an operating session I can start off with 43172 in Intercity which will arrive, get shunted into the paint shop and immerge in a fresh coat of GWT Merlin.   Later on it can then reappear and immerge with a set of FGW vinyls.   Though I still need to find a solution to the headlight lenses on the rebuilt Lima models.

Before much more can be done I need to resolve the issues with the airbrush / compressor,  (with the next 47/8 and 43008 both awaiting painting in GWT along with my SWT 159 needing the white changing to silver grey. 

I have been working on the track plan for the layout, with the Wheal Imogen rebuild my requirements have changed slightly in that I dont need to fit everything into one project.   However that comes with a change in baseboard size and a desire to try and have the layout fit within a 4ft by 500mm rather than 6ft wedge (with about 650mm at its widest point).  I have yet to find a plan that adequately satisfies the requirements, but will keep working at it.      

The smaller board size will mean that it will better fit the storage requirements and as with Wheal Imogen could take turns to stay set up in my study as a photo plank....

IMG_7377.jpeg

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Cantrail stripe now added (Railtec) it won’t be varnished until tomorrow but I couldn’t resist fitting to the chassis and getting a photo with a mk3 buffet and my other Fgw powercar on a (real) Bristol to Laira moveIMG_7380.jpeg.3e755813fa61eb5cbdb465b3b2eb8455.jpeg

it wouldn’t have been seen in the Newquay branch though……

Unfortunately  it does look like  Hornby got the green completely wrong as I had previously suspected… 

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Varnished before work this morning, and reassembled over lunch my third 43172 is now complete.  It will still need taking apart again to fit a decoder and get it running.  Given that I need to sort out 10 decoders to get the full HST fleet up and running (power and dummy) the DCC fitting is a job for the future.  I will probably hard wire all of the lighting units at the same time to do away with the sping contacts.

IMG_7401.jpeg.b2137d6a67b8e9cf5cdb7843b10b27fb.jpegIMG_7399.jpeg.cb45d7cbbfb62ef1b9b2cd3dae233d8c.jpegIMG_7398.jpeg.716b7425cd39fb00d184fe6970944f22.jpeg

The body for 43008 will arrive tomorrow,

Based on the ebay photos it needs a crack in the side under the cab door fixing (at least its not on the bodyside grills this time),  Fortunately it has the right roof version ready to go.  Once painted I will need to cut my own rear glazing, really must get on with an etched window frame for it...

That leaves me with one more "spare" Virgin powercar, I had planned on repainting this into Merlin, but for the moment that is pending confirmation on just how many powercars will be needed to run the layout.   Right now the fleet comprises FGW/GWT: 5 Merlin, 2 Fag packet and 1 intercity.  + 3 detailed Lima powercars that are unpowered (at least one of which will have a sheet covering the cab.)   In addition there is the Virgin fleet (2 in Virgin XC, one in Virgin, One in Intercity)

I think that is probably enough in the GWT fleet (particularly as longer term once they start appearing second hand I am tempted to source a Hornby FGW pair to replace the resprays (which in turn will loose the transfers and go into GWT).  So I am tempted to keep the spare powercar in Virgin, my thinking is to model 43178.  This powercar was originally with GWT and transferred at the same time as 43007/8.  I dont know the exact date (I have photos in GWT in August 98 and Virgin in early 99, The plan is that in my world it gains its respray into Virgin at Laira (I am tempted to number one of my spare GWT powercars as 178  and do the same thing with it arriving in one livery and departing in another).  It will need the livery correcting to extend the red onto the cantrail grills as per the other two Virgin models 

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

43008 has now been fully repaired and is ready for painting, although a combination of the airbrush issues and having lost the GWT white paint is slowing things down somewhat.

So in the mean time I have been working on the trackplan, there are still a few points I am undecided on.  The upper building could be 2 roads (per the prototype) or more likely shortened to one.  in this case I think the upper most point needs pushing back slightly to sort out he gaps between roads.   

The lower building could be extended to two or three roads (pulling it forward to the lower most siding, though it would need shortening in length to allow adequate clearance for shunting. 

The upper most line remains a coach storage road as per previous designs (as the first part of the backscene) with either houses or some sort of bank / trees behind it.  To make better use of the space the crane has been switched to the other side.  The extra line on the lower left hand side is intended to allow for running around a train (including pulling in with the fuel train).

I have had to use an A5 which is a little tighter than I'd like, so I might look into changing for an A6.  The rest are B7.

image.png.7ab9f4967650b1dd02fca7e8a5b95d80.png

I am still in two minds between this, the Wheal Imogen extension or a third possible plan based around a southern region station 

• Like 5