New Dapol HST liveries announced!

Will39048

• RMweb Premium

I do like the early privatisation HST liveries.

The teal colour looks a lot lighter in the picture than I remember it being in real life. What proportion of the MML HST's received the revised head-lights in this livery?

Steven B.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Steven B said:

The teal colour looks a lot lighter in the picture than I remember it being in real life. What proportion of the MML HST's received the revised head-lights in this livery?

Steven B.

The lighting in the photo booth tends to lighten colours slightly, in the flesh I think Dapol have it pretty much spot on for how I remember the livery. 

43045 and 43064 1C65

I'd also like to see the later RIO/Pullman livery produced. Since they overlapped it would make for an interesting mixed rake! 

Midland Mainline HST London St Pancras

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Steven B said:

I've now seen photos of it elsewhere and the colour doesn't look as bright as in the photos above.

How many more HST liveries have Dapol yet to do?

https://transportdesigned.com/pictures-every-single-hst-livery-ever/

Great Western Merlin

Midland Mainline (2004)

Cotswold Rail

Hornby

Virgin XC

Steven B

If they did the Hornby version would this be the first time ever a manufacturer promotes a competitor? 😁

• Funny 1

On 02/12/2022 at 11:53, TomE said:

Ah, I'm with you now. Yes, It'll be interesting to see what they do about that, if anything, as the current models have no means for accommodating a coupling at the pointy end!

Tom. 

I think Dapol could use the same bogie tooling for the rear bogie (with the rapido coupling pocket attached) but turned to face the other way for the front.

On 12/09/2023 at 12:44, Steven B said:

I've now seen photos of it elsewhere and the colour doesn't look as bright as in the photos above.

How many more HST liveries have Dapol yet to do?

https://transportdesigned.com/pictures-every-single-hst-livery-ever/

Great Western Merlin

Midland Mainline (2004)

Cotswold Rail

Hornby

Virgin XC

Steven B

Don't forget the EMR purple 43274 and Intercity 43102! (Maybe Colas Rail too?!) Also I doubt we will see the Hornby/Cotswold Rail livery, which is why I had this done! (Fag packet donor models)IMG_20230209_151954.jpg.ccac7a45680cdd657804fe57b25a8dc0.jpg

Edited by Will39048
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 11/09/2023 at 13:33, Steven B said:

Steven B.

All the power cars that carried this livery got the revised light clusters, those that were moved to the ECML got them removed after a short time, the only exceptions being 272 and 274 but they were much later on, during the EMT days.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Rather a basic question I'm afraid, HST's being too new for me and 2mm not being my scale, so I'm a bit in the dark.

I'm considering buying a full HST rake in blue/grey livery, so:

Is the current release ok for an as built unit?, smoke deflectors aside, that much I do know!

If I buy the 4 car book set what other single coaches do I need for an original ECML set, the single catering car version?

TIA.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Standard ECML formation:

TF TF Buffet TS TS TS TS TGS

Dapol's HST box sets come with the TGS and buffet. You'll need two first class and four second class to make up the full rake. 

Make should the Mk3s you buy to add to the basic set don't have buffers - Dapol also make the loco hauled Mk3a.

SB

• Thanks 1

On 16/10/2023 at 21:09, Adam1701D said:

If you are modelling an HST in as-built 1976 condition, swap the TGS for a TS. 

The TGS was introduced around 1980, as the guards found being in the power car too noisy.

...and have 2 catering vehicles. Yes the one manufactured is not 100% accurate, but the originals did have 4 seating bays, which the Dapol offering provides

es grüßt

pc 

Western Region

HST 253026 Cardiff 22.04.1978

ECML

Doncaster.

• Like 3